Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 1st Quarter!!

econ-nerd

I had so much fun doing the CAL for part of 2008 that Relynn (Dare2BDifferent) started up that I wanted to keep it up for 2009. I found it to be a great motivator (when I followed along)!

This CAL/KAL is going to be perpetual throughout the year, and it will be divided quarterly. Please list your “To Crochet” or "To Knit" (or both) list for the current quarter either in a response to this thread or in your signature (or both). Anyone can join any time.

Please try to keep your list realistic for your time available. Try to get as much done as you can. Don’t let perfectionism and/or overachieving get in the way. I say that because I’m usually guilty of it. :blush If you don’t finish your list, adjust it for the next quarter. This CAL/KAL is meant to give you a sense of accomplishment, not a sense of guilt. Your list should be at least 5 items but not more than 12. We can always add more to our lists as we get items completed. Just don't overwhelm yourself from the get go!

Dates:

First Quarter 2009 - Jan. 1 - Mar. 31

Second Quarter 2009 – Apr. 1 - Jun. 30

Third Quarter 2009 - Jul. 1 - Sept. 30

Fourth Quarter 2009 - Oct. 1 - Dec. 31

This gives us a bit of time to get our list planned out and get ourselves ready to go :yay

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been going through all my printed-out patterns looking for ideas for the New Year. The trouble is, it's just like the buffet line at a church potluck...my eyes get bigger than my abilities and time...How to choose?!? Oh the fun of plotting and planning:think:hook:think

Sounds like we are getting a good group together here :yay I'm getting my list organized and will post on Wednesday. I have one more project I hope to finish before the New Year begins and if it's not done it will be number one on my list for the 1st quarter.

OK. I'm in. My list for the Christmas 2009 CAL is in my signature (subject to change).

Here are the 1st qtr projects:

2 throws for my Godson and his brother for their birthdays.

Possibly (if she gives me the yarn from her abandoned project) a pink blanket for my friend.

hmmmm, I will have to think of two more projects to add.

1. Put together Hourglass Afghans - pieces already made

2. Work on Granny's Daughter Afghan - some pieces already made

3. Frog and restart Between Meals Centerpiece

4. Weave in ends on lapghan already finished

5. Do more squares when needed for charities

6. Work on, and finish, freeform scrumbles for Round Robin

This is my list, and I think it is doable, for the first quarter of 2009. I hope.

Glad to know it is revisable, too.

I wasn't sure whether or not we had to finish everything on our list, but I see that some lists have "work ons", so here's mine (and I am going to a weekend retreat of nothing but crafting, chatting & eating in January):

1. Finish "Beth's afghan"

2. Work on blue knit afghan.

3. Make two scarves.

4. Make one lapghan for Hospice charity.

5. Make one kid's afghan for Victory Junction Gang Camp charity (Quilt blocks).

6. Start a 'prayer shawl' for my mom.

Deb

Here is my extensive list for the first quarter :D It should keep me busy and out of trouble (especially if I can avoid adding to the list). I'm out of town fromthe 1st to the 9th so I won't be getting any crochet done then but I'll be getting busy when I return.

1) Finish Aimee’s Around the World Quilt-ghan (almost 75% done and must be done before the end of January - it’s a birthday gift for January 27th and this also needs mailing time to arrive)

2) Finish my pink Seraphina (partly done)

3) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

4) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

5) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…)

6) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

7) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort

8) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else

9) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

10) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (should be enough for several baby blankets…)

11) Keep working on knit washcloths for practice

Well, I guess I'll see if I can stick with it this quarter :P, but I think I will make monthly rather than quarterly goals. So for January:

1. Timeless Lace Afghan by Terry Kimbrough- about 10 rows in

2. Layering Cardigan- back 50% done

3. Two camo Lumberjack Hat

Now let's see if I get motivated :blush

oooo what a good motivator!! Here's my list:

1st Qtr Goals:

Legwarmers for DD

cell pouch (df)

purse for me

finish WIPs

stuff for May FleaMkt

Adding 1/21:

Baby Blanket (due mid Feb)

start on Jeff Gordon couch throw

potholders

This is what I need to get done this quarter along with everything else. But I will concentrate on these as the other stuff gets done in a half hour or so...

WIPs

1. Blue Star Afghan
  2. Baby blanket
  3. yellow garter stitch scarf
  4. Scrappy Doo pet blanket for the local humane society
  5. black & red rr for Tammy
  6. HIV/AIDS Awareness lapghan
  7. Pink & Grey Blanket
  8. 12″ Square blanket (hopeing to get 63 squares to make it big enough for my bed)

WIMs

1. more knitted scarves
  2. Victorian Christmas afghan
  3. Aran afghan
  4. Dustys double stranded ripple ghan
  5. Halloween afghan for charity
  6. Varigated Scrap Afghan
  7. Cotton Scrap afghan

Finished Objects

If the below items are linked - they will be linked to whatever is on my ravelry.

My list of WIPs & WIMs is right here....

I have several items I need to get done b4 March. This will help tons! I'm in!:crocheting

Booties, hat, blankets, baby bunting, washclothes, coasters, slippers, socks, scarf for myself, fire helmets for fire department as gifts.

I think I'll go with monthly goals as well. Even 3 months is too overwhelming. Here's what I'd like to get done in January:

1. Crochet scarf for my friend (1-2 evenings) - 70% complete

2. 20 6" afghan squares (20 evenings) - 20/20 complete

3. Finish ami bear (4-5 evenings) - 20% complete

4. wash cloth (1 evening) - done

5. bath poof (1 evening) - done

6. Finish cellphone case (1 evening) - done

7. Finish slippers (1 evening)- done

Archived