Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 1st Quarter!!

econ-nerd

Well, my sweaters & hats for my twin nieces were a HUGE hit at the shower last weekend. I'll post pictures when I have time. so much to do for them yet. Hoping to finish my amigurumis today. :clap:clap they are so close to being done - but they are sitting in the ziploc just looking at me:eek

I completed 2 more baby hats for the girls too - oh, and 2 washcloths out of bernat cottontots..no wonder I cant complete my wips...I keep starting NEW things:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

1. sweater for baby b

2. hat for baby b

3. matching booties for both babies -- Im finding these pretty labor intensive - maybe its the pattern :think

4. finish scarf for dad

5. prayer shawl for marge

6. finish amigurumi frog

7. finish amigurumi piglet

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool! With twins you have to make everything twice so you still got a ton of stuff done. :cheer

Thank you - my only problem is that I want to do so many projects for the girls that I can't stay focused on one thing...I have a bunch of things going at once!!!!:eek:eek:eek Im having so much fun :crocheting:crocheting

Been trying to post some of my photos on photobucket & flikr,,,but it's taking up valuable :crocheting time -- gotta go grab my hook now. :cheer

I'm going to join this...I'm adding it to my sig line, as well. Was just telling hubby last night that NO more Bday were allowed at the beginning of the year.

1. finish bath set for my daughter Bday Jan 18th (and get it shipped) DONE!

2. finish camo scarf for DH Jan22 Done!

3. Make another juggling set for grandson Jan 31DONE!

4. Make Whatsit for youngest grandson 1st Bday Feb 13th Done!

5. Make requested baby blanket. Started--7 blocks done so far.

6. Slippers for Son in law - Bday is Feb 12 Soles done...have to frog first top...twisted it - oops!

Updated my progress on mine...moving along. Still having problems getting motivated on the tops of the slippers--esp now that I've got to frog it. *sigh*

Elise

I'm going to try to keep things light for February so I can try to beat my goal for squares and really focus on working on my amigurumi designs.

Here's my February to do list so far:

1. Crochet scarf for my friend (1-2 evenings) - 70% complete

2. 20 6" afghan squares (20 evenings) - 3/20 complete

3. Finish ami bear (4-5 evenings) - 20% complete

4. bath poof (1 evening)

1) Finish Aimee’s Around the World Quilt-ghan FINISHED January 19th

2) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

3) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) I am going to give these away - I'll never do anything with them - they are going in the mail Wednesday

4) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort I am going to give these away too - I'll never do anything with them either - they are going in the mail Wednesday

5) Finish my pink Seraphina (almost done - only two or three rows left to do!)

6) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (design is all laid out and today I will start sewing the pieces together)

7) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (2 of 63 squares done)

8) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

9) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

10) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

11) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

12) Two-stranded V-stitch comfort-ghan (using the Lion Brand 5 1/2 hour throw pattern but with two strands and a 10mm hook)

I'm adding this comfort-ghan for a girl at church who is undergoing surgery in the near future. I bought the yarn yesterday and got started with it last night. I plan to get it done fast and will be giving it to her on Valentine's Day

Here is an updated list.

WIPs

1. Blue Star Afghan
  2. Vintage Verticle Stripe for Dusty
  3. yellow garter stitch scarf

WIMs

1. more knitted scarves
  2. Spiderman RR
  3. Victorian Christmas afghan
  4. Aran afghan
  5. Afghan for SIL
  6. Primary Colored afghan for chairty
  7. Halloween afghan for charity
  8. Varigated Scrap Afghan
  9. Cotton Scrap afghan

Finished Objects

• Ripple afghan in red & Black
  • red/black garter stitch scarf

This is also still on my blog.. my blog.

An updated list. :D

WIPs

1. Blue Star Afghan
  2. Vintage Verticle Stripe for Dusty 14 rows done out of 60 or 70
  3. socks frogged! Me & lighter weight yarns are not friends!
  4. red/black garter stitch scarf DONE!
  5. yellow garter stitch scarf

WIMs

1. Spiderman RR
  2. Victorian Christmas afghan
  3. Aran afghan
  4. Afghan for SIL
  5. baby blanket for other SIL not happening she had a miscarriage last month
  6. Primary Colored afghan for chairty
  7. Halloween afghan for charity
  8. Varigated Scrap Afghan
  9. Cotton Scrap afghan

My list is also on my blog.

:ghug

Wow! you are all doing so great on your lists...

I better get crackin':yes I feel like I am behind a little, but seeing what you are all accomplishing is giving me the little kick I need!

:crochetingville friends are the best!:manyheart

2) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

3) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

4) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

6) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (design is all laid out and I have started sewing the pieces together)

8) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

10) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

12) Two-stranded V-stitch comfort-ghan (using the Lion Brand 5 1/2 hour throw pattern but with two strands and a 10mm hook) (6 rows complete)

1st Qtr Goals:

Legwarmers for DD completed

cell pouch (df)

purse for mecompleted

finish WIPs: circles ghan put it in the attic for next fall , purple ghan frogged (was only 1 row done on it and am re-thinking it) blue,brown,cream squares & babette squares put both sets in the attic b/c i'm still undecided what to do with either of them

stuff for May FleaMkt got some ponytail holders done

Adding 1/21:

Baby Blanket (due mid Feb)

start on Jeff Gordon couch throw this can be for next quarter...he is low on his budget

Navajo ghan for me got 5 rows done yesterday :cheer

potholders

1. a scarf for my daughter
  2. complete an afghan for my fiance
  3. make my sister a purse for her birthday
  4. make a poncho for daughter's birthday since they are both in May
  5. make an ami pig for my friend's birthday in August
  6. make a blanket for friend's mother for her birthday

This is my list so far I'm sure I will have to add more and does anybody in this cal know how to check the list off that I have typed up on the computer and thanks for the help

under the "go advanced" option, you can use the strike through button to "cross off" items on your list...just highlight the text you want to draw a line through, click on the strikethrough button (i think its a pencil) and it puts the coding in there. when you preview it, it will show with the line going through it (like mine and karen's above)

I will be back on track by next week! :clap:clap:c9

today, I am finishing another scarf (that'll make 3)

next week, 1 afghan will be finished (Valentine's day gift for DH)

... and this weekend will be either a tp roll cover for my mom, or a purse for me :devil

It's so cool to see everyone's progress! :ghug

3) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

4) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

6) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (I am taking this with me on a road trip this weekend and will keep sewing squares together)

12) Two-stranded V-stitch comfort-ghan (using the Lion Brand 5 1/2 hour throw pattern but with two strands and a 10mm hook) (20 rows complete)

i haven't been able to get hardly any crocheting done, or anything else for that matter this week. My dad had knee surgery tuesday - i took him and my mom to the hospital and was gone all day, got home at 8:30. Then wednesday, had to work in the a.m., take mom to the hospital..got home at 9. :eek Then, worked yesterday a.m., got home at 6, and ds is here for the weekend (:cheer:yay:clap) & stayed up til midnight talking....then today its work (in a bout a 1/2 hour) back to the hospital to pick up my dad, and who knows what i'll get into this weekend.

:whew no wonder i'm tired. sorry didn't mean to :blah but it felt good to share it with somebody!!

i haven't been able to get hardly any crocheting done, or anything else for that matter this week. My dad had knee surgery tuesday - i took him and my mom to the hospital and was gone all day, got home at 8:30. Then wednesday, had to work in the a.m., take mom to the hospital..got home at 9. :eek Then, worked yesterday a.m., got home at 6, and ds is here for the weekend (:cheer:yay:clap) & stayed up til midnight talking....then today its work (in a bout a 1/2 hour) back to the hospital to pick up my dad, and who knows what i'll get into this weekend.

:whew no wonder i'm tired. sorry didn't mean to :blah but it felt good to share it with somebody!!

wow, that IS a lot, Crissie! I hope you get some rest this weekend... or at least a nice cup of your fave beverage, some good music and a :hook.... that's what I do when I need to recharge. I hope your dad gets on ok...:hug

1. a scarf for my daughter finished February 7th
  2. complete an afghan for my fiance
  3. make my sister a purse for her birthday
  4. make a poncho for daughter's birthday since they are both in May
  5. make an ami pig for my friend's birthday in August
  6. make a blanket for friend's mother for her birthday

So that's my completed list so far now on to finishing an afghan for my fiance for his birthday even though it's not till June gives the time to plan

Well, I think it's time to revise my list for the month of Feb. My dog got my amigurumi froggy and had a ball with it,,,so Im back to the drawing board there.. l also started a throw for myself:yes

Here's my new list:

1. sweater for baby b

2. hat for baby b

3. matching booties for both babies

4. finish scarf for dad

5. prayer shawl for marge now that I know her color

6. finish amigurumi piglet

7. homespun throw for ME :clap

8. baby washcloths

9. grannyghan baby afghan

I'm going to join this...I'm adding it to my sig line, as well. Was just telling hubby last night that NO more Bday were allowed at the beginning of the year.

1. finish bath set for my daughter Bday Jan 18th (and get it shipped) DONE!

2. finish camo scarf for DH Jan22 Done!

3. Make another juggling set for grandson Jan 31DONE!

4. Make Whatsit for youngest grandson 1st Bday Feb 13th Done!

5. Make requested baby blanket. Started--8 blocks done so far.

6. Slippers for Son in law - Bday is Feb 12 1 slipper done, just need to do the top on the other. Ran outta yarn have to wait until right after his Bday to get it. (have already informed that present will be late)

7. Adding to the list...4 dishclothes and 4 set of coasters that need to get done and delivered. 2 dishcloths completed

Updated my list

Today is my catching up day...catching up with what you guys have been doing, catching up on house stuff, and then, hopefully, some crocheting. DS went home for the day, will probably be back tomorrow for about a week - he's running away for a little bit. Glad he felt comfortable to runaway to mom!! :c9 that he's here.

I gotta a baby blanket to get working on so i can get it done. I did start my navajo blanket while in the waiting room tuesday, that one i was banging my head on how i wanted to do it...i bought a pattern booklet that had how to's on cables and textured stitches. I started with a diamond pattern that is cable-like. Really cool to see the progress as you stitch it. I had ants in my pants to get it started!! But I have to do the baby blanket before I can get back to it....sorry...:blah i seem to be rambling...

Nice to hear from you Crissie! and glad to hear that you are catching your breath a little...

btw... you weren't rambling :wink

good luck on your baby blanket... I hope it goes quick, cause your diamond cable project sounds really cool!

I will be doing a flannelghan this week, while my DH is on the road. Won't he be surprised to actually get something I made! This is his usual expression: :thinkyou're giving that to "who"? You should make something that we actually get to keep! :eek

anyway, he sure will be shocked!

Uh-oh... Now I am rambling.... sorry! :devil

too funny! sounds like my bf with the stuff i make...whats that for? why are you doing that? :rofl

Oh, and i'm very excited about this cable pattern, and the other ones i'm gonna use on that afghan...and that afghan is for me!! So that is my motivation to get that baby blanket done!! :cheer

Update on my list.

1 Baby blanket for DH's co-worker. done!

2. Finish Pinwheel quilt for DD 45/54 blocks done and then the border.

3. Finish off my Tunnisian blocks for a lapghan. 66% done

4. Border and join the last squares from the Charity blitz for a lapghan for the nursing home. 50% done

5. Finish Diagonal Hues. 45% done

6. Gingerbread people doily 80% done

7. Geo shades quilt 33% done

Ok that's a list of everything I've been working on this last 2 weeks. I want to finish at least 1 of them by the end of the quarter. :hook

Archived