Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 1st Quarter!!

econ-nerd

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so overwhelmed - I don't know what to finish first. :eek this should help me be more focused, but I keep finding things I want to add to my list before I've taken anything OFF. :help Im having fun though :clap:clap:clap

1. sweater for baby b

2. hat for baby b

3. matching booties for both babies

4. finish scarf for dad

5. prayer shawl for marge

6. finish amigurumi frog

7. finish amigurumi piglet

I keep finding things I want to add to my list before I've taken anything OFF.

I was like that the first week. It did help me see all the stuff I was really working on. Now it's been helping me to not start any new projects. :crocheting

I'm having difficulty with wanting to add to my "oooo i wanna make one of those" list from seeing all the stuff everybody else is making!!

I did start an ami doll thats not on my list, but i DID get 2 things completed before the end of January, so...I think I should get to reward myself by making something NOT on the list...:lol plus i'm almost done with my 2nd January scarf...

Finally, thanks to this CAL, I finished a sweater that has been a WIP then a UFO for more than a year! Nothing fancy. But my first wearable for myself that actually fits!

Its done in Simply Soft Tweed ina forest green. (darker than shown)

greensweater.jpg

Now, with a couple of Dr. appts this week that require a lot of time in the waiting room I hope to get more things done from my list!

1) Finish Aimee’s Around the World Quilt-ghan FINISHED January 19th

th_HPIM2501.jpg

th_HPIM2495.jpg

2) Finish my pink Seraphina (partly done)

3) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

4) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

5) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…)

6) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

7) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort

8) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else

9) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

10) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (should be enough for several baby blankets…)

11) Keep working on knit washcloths for practice

:faint:applause:nworthy

Good Gravy! That is one GORGEOUS afghan, and in my FAVE color!

HOw long did it take you to sew it together? I must say, that is probably the NICEST granny I have seen in a VERY long time! (probably since I lived in Maine)

Terrific job

Wow Karen, that is just awesome!! You must have the patience of Job...absolutely beautiful.

If I ever did something like that, i'd have to do it in strips, changing color as i go...not as individual squares. I don't have that kind of patience for sewing or stitching squares together.

I slipped on the back porch steps Friday morning (didn't realize they were icy) and really did a number on both arms and shoulders when I caught myself on the railing. Last night was the first that I was able to do some crochet again so I'm only about 1/3rd of the way through the middle strip of my current scarf project. I was originally going to do flowers so I made them all up and then found out that the yarn (which has been troublesome the whole time) was just not stiff enough for the scarf to hold the shape so I've switched to some 2" square motifs with a flower-like pattern on them. I started joining the squares and side strips last night and I think it's going to look really pretty when it's all done. I've got about 15 more motifs to make still, though.

:faint:applause:nworthy

Good Gravy! That is one GORGEOUS afghan, and in my FAVE color!

HOw long did it take you to sew it together? I must say, that is probably the NICEST granny I have seen in a VERY long time! (probably since I lived in Maine)

Terrific job

Wow Karen, that is just awesome!! You must have the patience of Job...absolutely beautiful.

If I ever did something like that, i'd have to do it in strips, changing color as i go...not as individual squares. I don't have that kind of patience for sewing or stitching squares together.

Wow, Karen, that is striking! Wonderful.

Thanks :hug I started this on December 25th :eek I did put in several marathon days to get it done. Mental note to self - start next deadline gift sooner!

I did not keep track of hours and that is likely a good thing or I may never do another :lol I made it out in the mail today so it is on the way to my niece's place now.

1) Finish Aimee’s Around the World Quilt-ghan FINISHED January 19th

2) Finish my pink Seraphina (partly done)

3) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

4) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

5) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…)

6) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

7) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort

8) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else

9) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else

10) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects (should be enough for several baby blankets…)

I am changing this entry - I am starting to do squares in the Learn to Knit Afghan Book (Barbara Walker). I can get proactice doing a bunch of different stitches and patterns with this. I won't finish it this quarter though. There are 63 different squares to be made for the completed afghan. I imagine one a week will be a reasonable way. I am following along with a CAL (I mean KAL) within the SKY CAL here.

11) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (0 of 63 squares done)

oooo what a good motivator!! Here's my list:

1st Qtr Goals:

Legwarmers for DD

cell pouch (df)

purse for me

finish WIPs

stuff for May FleaMkt

Adding 1/21:

Baby Blanket (due mid Feb)

start on Jeff Gordon couch throw

potholders

I added to my original goals list...already got the baby blanket started. Just bought yarn at craftsetc to finish on wip afghan, and to start on JG throw, FleaMkt items, & cell purse for friend.

Karen that's a beautiful afghan!!!

My 'injury' got better and I got quite a bit done this weekend. Have almost 3 rows done on "Beth's" afghan (3 out of 6) and did 54 small squares for a 'quilt' type afghan. However, I did start another simple square afghan for VJG kids.

I keep thinking I should be further along, but this quarter goes 'til end of March, right?

:)

Deb

hey, Deb- glad you're feeling better!

Wiste- I hope you're feeling better, too

I updated my sig when I finished my Irish Lace Scarf. I think I will be making more of those...

And, way to go, Beasteezgurl! You sure are knocking off your list!

Have a great day, all! :ghug

Wiste- I hope you're feeling better, too

Thanks, I am feeling better. I took last night off from crocheting so I don't end up hanging myself with this half finished scarf. If I were making it for myself I would've frogged it all by now. The half that's done looks lovely, though so I'm sure it'll be great when it's finished. I know it's not the scarf's fault that I'm making mistakes due to inexperience.

Archived