Can you Crochet Mad?

OK, I need to get stuff done, but I am just so mad today!! I can't concentrate at all!:angry Can you crochet when you're mad?

The funny, well, not funny, thing is the thing I need to get done is for the person I am absolutely furious with! I don't think I'll be making it at all!!!!:rant I can MAYBE work on some teacher gifts cuz they're short and sweet, but the afghan I'm supposed to be doing for this person, I think I'll throw it out!! yarn and all!! (Well, lets not go THAT far;))

I can. It helps me calm down. Takes my mind off of what I am mad at. But, with you being mad at the person you are working the item for. Hmm.. That could be a sticky situation.

What she said! :lol Give it some time. You'll cool off (eventually). If you're gonna throw the yarn out, throw it my way. ;)

My tension gets tight and it all has to be pulled out, but I do it anyway. Once I got so mad I walked out of the house to go to a hotel, walking as I had no keys, but made sure I took my crochet to have something to do. Unknowingly the ball fell out of my bag a few steps out of the house and about 3 blocks later I felt the pull and looked back at the yarn trail going down the street. I rolled the yarn in a ball as I walked back and met the other end near my door. I thought about how silly I must have looked chasing this yarn all the way home and I wasn't mad anymore.

My tension gets tight and it all has to be pulled out, but I do it anyway. Once I got so mad I walked out of the house to go to a hotel, walking as I had no keys, but made sure I took my crochet to have something to do. Unknowingly the ball fell out of my bag a few steps out of the house and about 3 blocks later I felt the pull and looked back at the yarn trail going down the street. I rolled the yarn in a ball as I walked back and met the other end near my door. I thought about how silly I must have looked chasing this yarn all the way home and I wasn't mad anymore.

LOL, I would have been even madder at the time, but would probably of have laughed at it later. I can crochet mad, It calms me and I go on a power session, lol. But considering your making something for the one you are angry at, I don't think Id be able to work on it either. I would Put it aside until your not mad, wouldn't want to do something you'd regret :lol.

Thanks guys. I hung out with my 2yo until nap time, he can always put a smile on your face. Then I did get to work on my Moms blanket, and I started to feel better, then HE came out of the room!!! grrrrrrr....:angry, but I just ignored him and all was well. I don't really want to go into details, but what happened was, Wed night, Dh, no not Dh, take off the D.... said he was going to sell his bike to his friend, OK fine, but at 11:00?? Whatever, so he says he'll be back in an hour. OK. Well, When I woke up THIS morning, so Friday morn, there he was, sleeping on the couch, by the way, thats the first I saw him since Wed night!! So, you can understand my absolute fury!!!! And this is not a first, so I dunno what to do.

....Whatever, so he says he'll be back in an hour. OK. Well, When I woke up THIS morning, so Friday morn, there he was, sleeping on the couch, by the way, thats the first I saw him since Wed night!! So, you can understand my absolute fury!!!! And this is not a first, so I dunno what to do.

This is not adult marriage behavior. This is the type of behavior you see in an adolescent rebelling, an addict hiding, or a gambler cashing in valuable items.

This is not adult marriage behavior. This is the type of behavior you see in an adolescent rebelling, an addict hiding, or a gambler cashing in valuable items.

Thats waht I say! Thank you!!! I always tell him to "pretend to be an adult, just for a minute!" The bad thing is, I have all boys! They look up to him! Thats NOT good. My oldest alreaady tells me all the time, I don't want to do that ever! So I say good!!!

Only if it is a single stitch item, like sc or hdc/dc, and with a large hook. Anything involving more counting and details would wind up in the trash. Frogging wouldn't work because it would be a tangle of knots.... (hang knots, :lol).

I have been known to throw things in the trash out of frustration, and alot has to do with not releasing the anger, crying so I can't see straight, loosing glasses when I take them off to wipe eyes, until it builds up into a comedy of errors.

Need to walk off the anger, write it down sometimes and calm down first.

By the way, I get my best house cleaning done at these times, really scrub and wash things down with a great ferocity and an enormous amount of energy....

By the way, I get my best house cleaning done at these times, really scrub and wash things down with a great ferocity and an enormous amount of energy....

Crocheting mad changes the tension, so I won't do it. It's hard enough for me to keep my tension even from start to finish on afghans (I've made one or two trapazoids by accident already.) :lol

Yea, sometimes being MAD actually makes for a better house cleaning. I attack that dust and mess with a fury!! Lookout!! :blush

Did you ever find out why he was AWOL for over a day without so much as a phone call letting you know what was going on? There's no way he was making a surprise Christmas present for your or something, is there?

Crocheting often calms me down when I'm upset or frustrated... unless I'm frustrated with the pattern I'm working on! lol But there have been times when I've been so furious I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing. Since you're mad at the person you're making the project for, I would suggest putting that one aside until you're calm enough to work on it again. Perhaps they won't get the gift for Christmas, but you can still finish it at some point... maybe donate it if things don't settle between you and the person it's originally intended for?

I understand your fury!!!!!! Totally and completly. Never had any trouble with DH. He is my second though and we have been married for almost 23 years. First husband though........... Lets just say that I still know the anger even after 27 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I hung out with my 2yo until nap time, he can always put a smile on your face. Then I did get to work on my Moms blanket, and I started to feel better, then HE came out of the room!!! grrrrrrr....:angry, but I just ignored him and all was well. I don't really want to go into details, but what happened was, Wed night, Dh, no not Dh, take off the D.... said he was going to sell his bike to his friend, OK fine, but at 11:00?? Whatever, so he says he'll be back in an hour. OK. Well, When I woke up THIS morning, so Friday morn, there he was, sleeping on the couch, by the way, thats the first I saw him since Wed night!! So, you can understand my absolute fury!!!! And this is not a first, so I dunno what to do.

Thanks guys! I've calmed down a bit, but still mad. He says he stayed out cuz he knew I was mad! OMG!! What kind of excuse is that!?! Anyways......better subject. I'm NOT making him anything, but I AM working hard on a blanket for my Mom. Will post when done! If, done.:hug

Without getting into it too much myself, I would like to say OH MY, you do have a problem! :hug

btw, I just received my Crochet Today issue yesterday. Congrats again on your square. I think it's the prettiest one there! :yay

Thank you so much!! I can't wait to see the pattern out. i bought the mag just the other day and was so excited to see my name!:hook

When I crochet mad I make mistakes and end up frogging. (And then I get even madder!) I really need to be in the mood. Good thing I don't get mad often!

That's me too!

Just bought the magazine the strangest place I found it was in Kroger so my fiance took me to Kroger to buy it and I just reread the magazine and congratulations Melaine

Archived