My donation to a school auction

cdschlea

My sister got me this horrible orange Homespun yarn last year. She picked it up in a clearance bin somewhere. Well, I made an afghan out of it. We dubbed it Orange Nausea and as a joke I entered it in the fair. It won second place in its category--go figure! I posted it awhile back in the fair results post.

But anyway, my sister called me recently and asked for a donation for my nephew's school auction. I told her since it was only fair, since she bought the yarn, that she should have to take Orange Nausea. So I mailed it to her in West Virginia.

Can you believe that someone paid $65.00 for it???? :lol And i got a receipt for a charitable donation too!! :clap Yeah, it's soft, but it's the most horrible orange/pink color!! :eek She said the people who won it were very happy with it.

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9aosr47Pdtckl&size=m

No accounting for taste!

:hookColleen

I think it is very nice. Using a lot of donated yarn for my blankets for the foster children, I told my son once, that I wasn't happy with a certain blanket, the colors weren't right and he said he liked it, everyone doesn't like the same thing! I agree with the people that bought the raffle ticket - it's pretty!

The stitch is lovely, and the color in the photo doesn't look nauseating to me at all. My local Project Linus chapter gave me squeaky furry Sirdar safety orange yarn once that had been donated. I thought it was terrible, but I kept telling myself exactly what your son said to you, that just because it wasn't my taste...Great job! A ribbon and a charity auction winner--WTG! Patty

Yeah, it's soft, but it's the most horrible orange/pink color!! :eek

The color doesn't look all that horrible to me. But maybe you're just not a piorangenk (Get it?) type of person. It looks very nice!

The color doesn't look all that horrible to me. But maybe you're just not a piorangenk (Get it?) type of person. It looks very nice!

Piorangenk!!!:laughroll:rofl

Thanks for all the compliments!

:hook Colleen

Hey Colleen ~ I special ordered that color because I couldn't find it anywhere! LOL It's one of my most favorite Homespun colors! :lol What pattern did you use? It's a lovely stitch and the border if fabulous! Can you please share?

Hey Colleen ~ I special ordered that color because I couldn't find it anywhere! LOL It's one of my most favorite Homespun colors! :lol What pattern did you use? It's a lovely stitch and the border if fabulous! Can you please share?

It's a mishmash of a couple different patterns. I couldn't face trying to crochet in the stitches with that yarn so it was a series of loops and single crochets so I could just aim for the big spaces!:lol I'll look around and see if I can find where I cannabalized the stitches from.

:hookColleen

Archived