2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Hi All,

Hope you had a great weekend!

...by the way if you heard a loud thump this weekend it was me :hi...falling off the wagon...:oops

I went to Smiley's (big mistake for a yarn addict :blush )to see if they had any gold and navy yarn for my next project. While I was there a gaggle of Bernat Soy yarn and Peter Pan yarn ganged up on me and forced me to take them home with me...and then I had to go to A.C. Moore and get the Vanna yarn for my project,

so I used to have an okay ytd score of 47, but now I stand at a wtd of -114 :ohdear and a ytd of -67 :worried

:help but at least I have a bunch of lovely yarn for baby blankets and spring birthdays...right??:wink

and, :shrug although I wish I was in the running for a gold silver or bronze :goodorbad, at least I think I may be in the running for the "Shoot the Moon" award :fame:laughroll

Have a great week everyone and happy crocheting!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, Tricia-

I think it was very nice of you to give all that yarn a loving home!!! :rofl

I must say that I am a little jealous that you are within a drive of Smiley Yarn...

I mean, if you are gonna fall off the wagon, you might as well do it right, and not spend a lot of money, right?! :devil

Enjoy your newly added "stash"

:hug

Hi LeaAnne,

Don't be too jealous :hug, I had to work for this yarn, I don't have a car...I had to lug it on 2 city buses and a train :yes...boy do people give you weird looks as you walk down the street carrying a big black plastic bag :rofl

The things I'm willing to do for yarn:laughroll...

Hi, my name is Tricia and yes I'm a yarn addict :heehee

Great story Tricia. And I know the joy of lugging yarn on buses. :eek I get more looks when I pull out my toothbrush holder to select from crochet hooks and knitting needles. :rofl

I can usually almost finish a hat by the time I get home on the bus. :yay

Good on you to be kind to wayward yarn.

Awhhh, isn't great to see all that lovely yarn sitting in your home just waiting there oh so patiently for you to crochet with. I love to go into my stash room and just pet my yarn. So few understand the need we have for our fiber.

Yeah, I won't even be the running this week for the Shoot the Moon award!

Hi All,

Hope you had a great weekend!

...by the way if you heard a loud thump this weekend it was me :hi...falling off the wagon...:oops

I went to Smiley's (big mistake for a yarn addict :blush )to see if they had any gold and navy yarn for my next project. While I was there a gaggle of Bernat Soy yarn and Peter Pan yarn ganged up on me and forced me to take them home with me...and then I had to go to A.C. Moore and get the Vanna yarn for my project,

so I used to have an okay ytd score of 47, but now I stand at a wtd of -114 :ohdear and a ytd of -67 :worried

:help but at least I have a bunch of lovely yarn for baby blankets and spring birthdays...right??:wink

and, :shrug although I wish I was in the running for a gold silver or bronze :goodorbad, at least I think I may be in the running for the "Shoot the Moon" award :fame:laughroll

Have a great week everyone and happy crocheting!

You pretty much have the Shoot the Moon award, unless someone else decides to do major yarn shopping.

Hi LeaAnne,

Don't be too jealous :hug, I had to work for this yarn, I don't have a car...I had to lug it on 2 city buses and a train :yes...boy do people give you weird looks as you walk down the street carrying a big black plastic bag :rofl

The things I'm willing to do for yarn:laughroll...

Hi, my name is Tricia and yes I'm a yarn addict :heehee

:rofl :rofl

Thanks for the AWESOME mental imagery!

btw... big black bags are my luggage! I save the suitcases for yarn... :rofl

Hi, my name is LeaAnne, and yes, I too, am a yarn addict! (just so you know you are not alone :rofl)

p.s. I forgot to mention, last month I went from shoot the moon to bronze.... so good really can come out of it for you!!!:devil

I finished a baby blanket today - used up 2 skeins and 8 balls of yarn! :clap

WTD +12

YTD +78

Well. I am not sure where your WTD or your YTD was before the 10 balls were used.

One ball equales 1 point and one skein equales 2 points. Did you already have a +10 for your WTD before you used up the 10 balls and what was your YTD before the balls were used??

Iam not too sure if i have this right or not. This is what i did since sunday...

Made 11 dishcloths used up 10 balls of yarn

wtd +20 Ytd +10

Please let me know if i have this right.

Thanks mary

ok today I rolled a skein into a ball +1 for me but I bought 2 skeins so -4 for me for today working on another skein

I was gifted two skeins of stretchy sock yarn. *squeals*

I just dont know how to make socks........ :shrug

Ooh how exciting! I'm making my first pair of socks right now. I'm using this pattern for toe up socks by Mary Rhodes. It's pretty easy so far but I haven't reached the heel yet.

I worked on my jacket today and finally finished a skein so +2 for today. Two other skeins are soooo close!

I should be able to get some good points this week but I may also buy some yarn off eBay. :goodorbad

Ooh how exciting! I'm making my first pair of socks right now. I'm using this pattern for toe up socks by Mary Rhodes. It's pretty easy so far but I haven't reached the heel yet.

I worked on my jacket today and finally finished a skein so +2 for today. Two other skeins are soooo close!

I should be able to get some good points this week but I may also buy some yarn off eBay. :goodorbad

Good luck with your socks!

I just may knit the two skeins (shhhhh) because they look gorgeous knitted, but once I find a crochet pattern I love I'll crochet a pair of socks. I'm just not feeling the patterns I've seen.....

Thanks for the encouragement LeaAnne :hug...hopefully I can put a nice dent in it in the coming weeks...:hook

one of the girls at work that knits asked me about what I bought and just shook her head :no(she is one of those people that just get enough for each project and doesn't have much of a stash...I don't really understand where she is coming from :think)

Happy Stashbusting everyone! :yay

and I promise I won't be mad if someone beats me for the Shoot the Moon Award...although it would be cool to finally win something :devil

Archived