2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Welcome Karishema! :hug

I would say that ILTY isn't quite as soft as Simply Soft, and doesn't have as much sheen, but overall I like it better. SS is very slippery and splitty and I really think it's a bit thinner than regular ww, so it doesn't go with anything else. I only use it for baby stuff.

But ILTY is still very soft and has a nice 'squishy-ness' to it...softer and more sheen than RH. And the colors are great...though I think RH has a wider range of colors. You can mix the two just fine.

Yarn has come a long way over the years, even RH. I have some really old acrylic skeins that my mil gave me. Some is RH but most is stuff that's not made anymore. A lot of it is rough and sticks together and no sheen at all. Then I ordered some RH from Angelicrafts before they closed and I noticed that it was a much better quality than what I had been given. I can't wait until that old stuff is used up.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oooh yes I am...white eyelash or fun fur for the edging on VD baskets.....do they have some of that??? I just cannot justify like $4 for a ball of it!:eek

we got snow today...so i probably won't get there before thursday...i will look for you...they had tons of it last time i went. i'd assume pinks/reds/white for vd baskets??

I have not gotten any more done this week so far. Maybe today. I am working on a couple of projects but don't know if any skeins will get used up. I am doing really well though at staying away from any store with yarn and I have not gone to Joann's or Herrschners web sites for a few dayw!!!!!LOL I see a couple of emails from them though in my inbox.

i used up 1 ball & rolled a skein into a ball making 2 dishcloths...one is the double textured dishcloth, and the other is just sc, but i did it in sherbert colors...looks very summery. Got another one to do to complete the set (before i get bored with it) so maybe i'll get another ball used up.

After that, then i'm off to find something to make with all the yummy yarns I got...i'd like to get some more of ilty...wonder when the next sale will be?? purple...aqua...baby blue i wanna use it for everything now...its just so much softer than rhss...

Have you ever gone looking for something and found a whole stash of yarn you forgot you had? That's what happened to me today. I just found 6 skeins I forgot I had! However, I'm not adding it to my weekly total because technically, I had them all along and just didn't know about it, right?

That would be my story and I would stick to it!!!!:lol

Have you ever gone looking for something and found a whole stash of yarn you forgot you had? That's what happened to me today. I just found 6 skeins I forgot I had! However, I'm not adding it to my weekly total because technically, I had them all along and just didn't know about it, right?

Have been yarn shopping today, most of it will be gifted out tomorrow along with some more, but for now here is what I bought.

1 very large ball (think it was either 200 or 400g) of pink chunky yarn, and 5 balls 500g of purple DK

So that gives me -12:eek

Off to update my sigi

:yay I joined the stashbusting, I really need to use some up.

Thanks for the opportunity to join and keep track of what I'm doing.

Congratulations, Karishema!!! :yay If my scorekeeping records are correct, and that's a big if, you are the 100th member of Stashbusters for 2009!:cheer:clap

Welcome!:hug

Went to HL this morning, thinking I would buy some bamboo yarn but I didn't care for it. The clearance rack called my name and I picked up two skeins for a scarf. It could have been a lot worse but I only let two jump in my cart today.

So I'm at -4 for the week, with an order from Knitpicks on the way. O dear.

:manyheart

Just checking in. I'm doing pretty good so far this week. I finished a cardigan last night that's going to be a gift for my mom. Used up 4 1/2 skeins of TLC so that puts me at +9 so far this week! :cheer

Should get a pretty good score this time... if I can keep it up. :D

That is really cool that there are 100 of us. I'm having an awesome time reading all the posts. It has made my day more times than I can count. We have a lot of really cool people in this CAL!:hug

Just checking in. I'm doing pretty good so far this week. I finished a cardigan last night that's going to be a gift for my mom. Used up 4 1/2 skeins of TLC so that puts me at +9 so far this week! :cheer

Should get a pretty good score this time... if I can keep it up. :D

That is really cool that there are 100 of us. I'm having an awesome time reading all the posts. It has made my day more times than I can count. We have a lot of really cool people in this CAL!:hug

Wow, +9!! Congrats! ;)

Good to see that there are more of us that actually reads every post. :P Hihi.

My sister bought herself a laptop a few days ago, and asked me if I could crochet kind of a "protecting laptop-cozy" for her, that she could use when carrying it around in her purse. :D I love it when she wants me to crochet something, she's my biggest fan. ;) So we'll go yarn-shopping (secret cheer: :cheer) this weekend. I don't feel bad, I have bought the total of 3 skeins so far this YEAR, so a few more skeins won't hurt. ;)

o thats cool...i'm thinking of making one for my laptop too.

yep, i read all the posts too...don't wanna miss anything!! Nice to keep up with what others are doing to get ideas of what to do with my yarn too.

I read all the posts as well, it's a lot of fun to hear what everyone else is working on. I can't believe there are 100 of us! I finished my Curacao Shawl last night and now I just need to block it and take some pictures. Now I don't have anything to work on!! Well, I have a few WIPs I could work on but starting something new sounds so much better, haha!

I have decided to stop breaking my back trying to make a present for every birthday and holiday - I have a huge family and there's at least one birthday a month, sometimes four or five. I'm going to take a break from the gift giving and make something for myself for a change, like a lot of you have decided to do. So I'm off to browse patterns!

I just finished off three skeins of chenille and the third chenille lapghan. Yeah!

I got my skein from Dizzy Sheep for Blanket of Change yesterday, and that's my next project.

Before midnight tonight I hope to knock that one off, too.

Well, my yarn from Knitpicks came today. 11 skeins. Plus the two I got at HL this morning from clearance, and that gives me a -26 for the week.

I'll have to really get going to make any headway on that score.

:manyheart

wow 100 of us stash busting! that is wonderful. i love how much encouragement the group generates to keep us going on with our mission.

i have not gotten any further this week. i am knitting washcloths for a baby shower. i have 6 done but the 14oz skein does not seem to be getting any smaller. i hope to get it down to ball size by weeks end.

thank you to those that share their projects! it is wonderful inspiration. and as my stash windles down i need all the inspiration i can get.

Archived