2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

:yarnSo far for the week I busted through 2 skeins :clap:yay

Now I have to figure out what I want to work on now, hoave been making slippers in wool so they can be felted

Oh well back to the drawing board

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i made some ponytail holders tonight...they go really fast...got 10 done. 5 for me, 5 for whatever. No great yarn loss though...used from balls, didn't use up any balls...no score, just fun to do :yay:clap:yay

Good morning everyone! :)

You guys can be proud of me! I showed great restraint yesterday. I met my daughter for lunch yesterday at Chick-Fil-A, which just happens to be next to a Hobby Lobby. Well...it's a rule, right? I had to go to Hobby Lobby! But, I did not buy any yarn! :eek Oh, I did look...but I was strong. :yes I bought some goodies for Valentine's Day to send to my daughter, plus a red, feather boa which I'm going to give to a co-worker who's birthday happens to fall on Valentine's day.

So far this week I've used up a skein on my round ripple, I could probably finish it by the end of the week, ;) but I'm bored with it...so I'm starting a new baby blanket (just to have on hand for the next bouncing baby that comes along! :yes)

Have a great day everyone!:D

well I have to buy more yarn to complete my hat so I have to make a run to Joann's though I do have a 50%off coupon for Joann so there goes my score further in the whole

I have to claim 2 skeins of yarn for today... segi1974 was awesome and sent me 2 skeins of the baby yarn I was looking for as a RAOK!

Then I balled them both to start using them right away...

+2

:hook

:woo Well the UPS guy came to see me today...

:jumpyay ...brought me my :yarn:yarn:yarn box from craftsetc...:cheer

:yes I really needed all the yarn I got, :devil all 33 skeins of it...:yes

:rofl:laughroll:rofl

I do have to confess, I've never ordered ILTY before...there is no HL's here or near here, but I am absolutely on :c9 with it!!

I hope it doesn't disappoint me - but most folks on here seem to really like it. Its sooooo soft!! So much better than RHSS...

While I'm doing the :yarn happy :dance...

my delivery doesn't do much for my score though :oops

with the exception of a 4 skeins for Christmas presents, i have not bought yarn since this past summer...and that was just cotton yarn. i am in yarn heaven!! I got yarn to finish an afghan (granny rectangle), some camo to do 2 afghans for my dd's bf & my son for birthdays, some ilty to just have to add to my stash, and some fun funky yarn b/c i just needed it...to see what it was like, how much i would get, etc...i'm gonna use that in a scarf.

This using small skeins is amazing :yay I just finished 2 skeins making a moebius scarf for a Feb jobby Love this.

that's plus 6 so far this week and a good chance of getting another one or two done as well. :woo

wow I am working on these Eco skeins and they just don't go away!!!!! Ugh!!! I have done two pillow sides already and haven't used up either one all the way---boo...

So gals, what is the deal with ILTY??? Compare it to Simply Soft for me, that is what I am really into right now, well that and ww RH. What is the allure of it and do I neeeeed it??? :)

this probably won't be a good week...craftsetc order should be arriving by friday...plus i have to go to the dollar store...

Our Dollar Tree has like 8 shelf bins full, mostly of the fluffy stuff like eyelash, ribbon, and the lacette. if anybody is looking for something let me know...i'll check it out for you.

oooh yes I am...white eyelash or fun fur for the edging on VD baskets.....do they have some of that??? I just cannot justify like $4 for a ball of it!:eek

Another ball of yarn has bit the big one! :cheer Hmmm...there should be an "RIP" smiley for just such occasions! :laughroll

So gals, what is the deal with ILTY??? Compare it to Simply Soft for me, that is what I am really into right now, well that and ww RH. What is the allure of it and do I neeeeed it??? :)

I like the ILTY much better than Simply Soft, but I always seem to have a problem with Simply Soft splitting...maybe it's just me. The ILTY works up well without splitting and is very soft. :yes

Archived