Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh, Thank You :blush:jumpyay

The colors are Monet(light) and Gemstone(dark). There will be more, I just haven't decided where they'll go yet. I chose the Monet because the varigation is very subtle. I couldn't find anything dark with subtle varigation. Some of the varigateds are just too chunky for me.

Cheers :yay :yay

The colors are Monet(light) and Gemstone(dark). There will be more, I just haven't decided where they'll go yet. I chose the Monet because the varigation is very subtle. I couldn't find anything dark with subtle varigation. Some of the varigateds are just too chunky for me.

Those are Red Heart colors, right? I must give Red Heart credit for having some incredible variegated yarns. You just can't find some of those combinations anywhere else. However, I am not a fan of that brand at all.

I couldn't agree with you more. I am not a fan of their yarn, but they do have the best varigated colors available other than high end yarn. The rest of the yarn I'm using is Lion Brand and the black is Caron. There will be others mixed in, but on the short window I put myself in, it was the best I could come up with. I really wanted to get started once I got the pattern. If I do it again, I'll probably use all wool.

:hook:yes

I couldn't agree with you more. I am not a fan of their yarn, but they do have the best varigated colors available other than high end yarn. The rest of the yarn I'm using is Lion Brand and the black is Caron. There will be others mixed in, but on the short window I put myself in, it was the best I could come up with. I really wanted to get started once I got the pattern. If I do it again, I'll probably use all wool.

:hook:yes

I'm with you on using wool if I do this again. I also think I'd consider something lighter weight than worsted.

I would love to do this afghan for my parents 50th wedding anniversary and have joined the Yahoo site, only problen is I can't find the pattern for love or money, if anyone knows where I might be able to get the pattern, could you please e-mail me offline. I heard they are for sale at e-bay sometimes, but I can't even find one there, any help would greatly be appreciated. Lindakelleher@msn.com

Well I frogged my Cathedral Rose Window afghan all the way back to row 12 of section 2. I redid row 12 as the directions called for -- using the popcorn stitch. (I couldn't find any other stitch I liked to replace it.)

I'm not crazy about it, having reached row 15 now. But I'm hoping it won't stand out like a sore thumb as I continue. The popcorn stitch definitely makes the white coloring stand out, unlike the DC I used before frogging!

Since it's repeated near the end of the afghan, I'm hoping it'll balance out and I won't be disappointed.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can find some space in my house to lay it flat :P .

I am delighted to report that I just finished round 17 of Section 2! Yippee!!

Before I continue with the afghan, I am going to spend some time today finishing the crochet tote I'm making for myself. But at least I got this much done. I'll try to get a photo together. The yarn I used for this section really does look like a lilac bush...

cheers - tbird

That's *exactly* why I wanted to add them to this piece. Apparently lilacs will only live in places where there's a hard freeze in the winter -- as do fireflies, I guess. I've been in California for 6 years now, and haven't seen any lilacs or lightning bugs except when I visit home (South Bend, Indiana). Someday I'll move back that way...

I finally got around to taking a photo of my progress (or lack thereof). But, now, at 4:00 in the afternoon, I think I should set it aside and make some breakfast (g). It's clickable and will take you to a larger copy. I might have to add this project to my resume! It's sooooo time-consuming, but I love it! th_cathedralrose090406.jpg

That is really pretty.

But breakfast at 4PM? :lol

Yeah.... well. My doctor wouldn't be happy either:lol . But wouldn't you know it --- it's quiet all day and as soon as I sit down to eat, the doorbell rings. Sheesh.

Ok, rather than face the shame of not getting my "section for today" finished, I'm gonna go and fit in those other pieces. should have done it when the sun was thinking of shining..

I really hate stupid people and it is so very annoying when I am the stupid person.

New eBay auction for this pattern. Started today 5 Sept 2006, ends 12 Sept 2006. Starting price 9.99 .. Ending ?????

auction #140026135567

NOT MY AUCTION!!! Good Luck ya'll

:cheer:yay And the Pufff stitches take the day!:yay:cheer

I am one row from doing either puff stitches or popcorns and the puff stitches look more like an archtectural motif - not to mention that they are less annoying than popcorns. I did a quick test on the bit that has enough rows for these medalions.

Oh, good! that posted. It was acting up on my computer last night so I wasn't sure it worked.

I am wondering about doing them in White.

If you recall, I have many different colours and the colour before this (expected to be) white row I have as a creamy sort of mustard colour - a strong contrast already. I don't know if the white would provide that colour relief that it does in the origiinal. How does this sound should I go with black for the puffs to keep the woodwork concept going?

Wish I could post pics but not yet.

Archived