Our Ben Franklin is Closing!

ArielManx

Or at least I would have to assume so from the big signs in the window that say "Storewide Liquidation - All Sales Final". :( I am so bummed! I've done a lot of my shopping there recently because it's just a few blocks from my house and I can walk there. When Wal-Mart's cheaper overall and JoAnn's and Michael's have better sales I guess a smaller craft store like that can only compete so much (plus they're closed on Sundays - and Michael's and JoAnn's are both packed every time I go there on a Sunday). It's too bad, they had the best crochet thread and Sugar and Cream selection in town! Pretty decent yarn selection too.

(and to add insult to injury, I don't even have the spare cash right now to get anything from the sale!)

I had a moment of panic recently that the local...well two town over...Ben Franklin was closing but to my surprise it re-opened right in my town and since there is no craft store but them in town they are always busy. The closest Michaels Joanns and AC Moore are about 25 miles away. and walmart is well walmart.

i can't beleave there is still a ben franklin boy i haven't been to one in a long long time i know my mom used to love that store so i'm sad for you...

We have one a few blocks down the road, and so far it's doing well. I love that store, they have tons of fabric, yarns that Michaels, Wal-Mart, and A.C. Moore don't have, the Red Heart Classic line, colors of SS that i can't find anywhere but online. If i want a particular hard-to-find WW acrylic shade, they typically have it, or will order it. The majority of their employees are middle-age or retirement-age women whose decades of hobbies are the crafts that Ben Franklin sells supplies for, so when you go in there, you have people that know what you're asking about, or if they don't know, they know WHO to ask, and friendly, you know, customer service that makes shopping smooth and something to look forward to.

I think the last one in our state closed about 2 months ago. No I think we have one left in Key West, and 8 hour drive or more from me.

It was not that far from my house. It is a shame that we are losing our craft stores.:hook

Our Ben Franklins closed over 10 years ago in my area. Now we have AC Moores, Michaels, Wal-marts and Joanns. There was a store called Creativity which opened only for a few months, then closed immediately. Looked promising, not sure why it was gone in a flash.

LI Roe

• 5 months later...
I think the last one in our state closed about 2 months ago. No I think we have one left in Key West, and 8 hour drive or more from me.

It was not that far from my house. It is a shame that we are losing our craft stores.:hook

The one we had in Daytona area closed over 10 years ago. I sure do miss it.

I had a Joann's around the corner from me, but they moved to the "shopping district" and now its near Michaels. I don't hardly ever shop at Joann's anymore cause if I'm driving that far I'm going to Michaels.

We have a Ben Franklin about 15-20 miles away in a small college town here. I hope they're not closing. I don't get there often, but I buy when I go. They have a very good yarn selection. When we were living up in Fairbanks, Alaska, our Ben Franklin up there closed in '05 or so. I hated to see it go. :(

My family has a cottage in Gaylord, Michigan that we visit every year. In town is a Ben Franklin that I spend a lot of time (and money) in. I sure would hate to see it go. Love that store.

There is also a "new" yarn shop that is really great in town. The people and dog are very friendly. Great selection of yarn too! :cheer

Archived