Super Yard Sale Find!!! Over 1,000 Skeins of Yarn for $1??

I have never seen anything like this in my life…

This weekend DH and I went to a yard sale that had been advertised as “Over 1,000 Skeins of Yarn for $1 each.” There were bins FULL of mostly expensive yarn. Apparently the elderly woman who lived in the house was a major hoarder had collected hundreds of knitting/crocheting/misc. crafting books plus needlepoint kits, fabric, yarn. etc. – and most everything was brand new!! We were told that her children were ‘making’ her declutter her house as it was becoming unsafe. As much as I wanted to buy everything in sight, I was good and controlled myself. :devil I only bought 18 skeins of yarn and 4 leisure arts books -- get this -- for $21. After I got home, I looked up one of the sock yarns called "On Your Toes" and it sells for $12!!! I could not believe it!! I also picked up 1# cone of P&C cotton yarn for $1 and lots of other nice, soft yarns. I already started making neuro caps with some of the softer yarns. I usually find good deals on yarn at thrift stores and yard sales but this was a heavenly find!! Only wish I had bought more now…

Wow........you hit the motherlode!!!!!! I'm envious!! What a find!

Juli from Texas

P.S. Just how far is it from Texas to Arizona (hehe)?

You know I'd share if we lived closer lol. My relatives live in New Braunfels, TX!! Gotta love the hill country!!

Oh wow. You did much better at controlling yourself than I would have.

Or I! :lol

I'm afraid I would have come away from there with as many skeins as I could have fit in my vehicle, and probably would have left a trail from the yard sale all the way home! I have absolutely NO self-control when it comes to things like that. I'm really good at pacing myself when it comes to most things, but when the subject is yarn, ***gedaboudit! I lose my head! :lol

You were good and controlled yourself? Ha! I would have filled my car. Really. And I would have told the people to assure their mom that the yarn was going with someone who LOVED it.

Way to go!! I don't know what part of AZ you're from, but in this area of AZ where I live, there is never anything like what you just experienced. My dh and I go to a lot of yard sales and I am always looking for yarn, patterns, crochet hooks--never have I been as lucky as you!! I'm trying not to "drool" all over my keyboard!! Wow!! :clap:cheer:yay:hook

How wonderful for you. I would have not been able to hold back at 18, I would have probably filled the van up, until DH threw a fit, :lol. And then called DD and had her hubby fill her van for her.

I am soooo jealous, but very pleased you enjoyed it so much.

Oh wow, that is amazing. I would have snatched up everything I could have, even if it meant going hungry for a couple of weeks!

You think like me! :lol I would have figured how often does a deal like this come up!? I can buy food ANY day, but a dollar a skein? Get outta my way! :lol

Archived