Crocheting on Sweatshirts

I did a search out there for crocheting on sweatshirts. I found a couple of threads, but no pictures of any that our members have done.

Have you crocheted trim onto a sweatshirt??

I'd love to see your finished shirt or jacket. Please post pictures!!

I've purchased my shirt, have it washed and I cut off the bottom cuff and the wrist cuffs. I need to prepare the raw edges next. I just don't know where to go from there and don't really want to buy a book.

Thanks,

Teresa

:clap:clap:clap:hook:hook:hook:clap:clap:clap

I'd like to see more too. :yes I haven't saw much either, so I just started.

I don't know what to do with the edging either. I just did a sc down one side until I figure out what I want to do with it. Probably just any type of "edging" would work:think maybe... Or just whatever you would like depending on how "dressy" you want it to look. Mine is going to be a sweatshirt jacket (since I forgot to cut off the top and bottom ribbing until after I did the first side and I'm not frogging the "sewing" part I did).

Debbi

PS: Googling I found the book Fashion Sweatshirts with some previews of the pages with more ideas. Some crochet and some not, but ideas anyway.

I'd like to see more too. :yes I haven't saw much either, so I just started.

I don't know what to do with the edging either. I just did a sc down one side until I figure out what I want to do with it. Probably just any type of "edging" would work:think maybe... Or just whatever you would like depending on how "dressy" you want it to look. Mine is going to be a sweatshirt jacket (since I forgot to cut off the top and bottom ribbing until after I did the first side and I'm not frogging the "sewing" part I did).

Debbi

PS: Googling I found the book Fashion Sweatshirts with some previews of the pages with more ideas. Some crochet and some not, but ideas anyway.

I'm not the OP but thank you for that link!! I love that orange(not the color) shirt on page 4. I am on dial up so I am still waiting for the whole thing to load, but wow, now I want that book!!!......LOL

Thank you for that pattern link. I never thought about curving the bottom of the jacket in front. I think I really like that. I'm ready to start experimenting with my sweatshirt. I hope it turns out great! It might be a great gift idea for my mom and sister!

Still if anyone has pics of ones they've made--I'd still love to see. I get my most inspiration from seeing others finished projects.

I once seen at a walmart a lady wearing a sweatshirt with a very large pineapple collar on it. It was beautiful! I once purchased a t-shirt with a crocheted placemat on it, they folded the top corners down. I bought a sweatshirt with a snowman on it made of doilies that were not handmade. They sewed buttons on it, a hat, and a scarf. I made my Mom one like it for Christmas that year and she loved it.

I tried it! This isn't a good picture. I'll try to take a better one later.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/crochetedsweatshirtnov2008.jpg

I love it. I wore it to work and everyone thought I purchased it that way. LOL:cheer

I'd like to try a white one with white yarn trim

Thanks for looking!

I tried it! This isn't a good picture. I'll try to take a better one later.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/crochetedsweatshirtnov2008.jpg

I love it. I wore it to work and everyone thought I purchased it that way. LOL:cheer

I'd like to try a white one with white yarn trim

Thanks for looking!

:clapThat looks sharp!

I once seen at a walmart a lady wearing a sweatshirt with a very large pineapple collar on it. ......

I spent 1990 recuperating from a long illness and used the significant amount of time I spent just sitting in a chair re-learning my love of crochet. I bought a booklet that showed how to create collars like you've described onto sweatshirts. I made myself one for Xmas. A Xmas green sweat with a xmas red pineapple collar.

If I did one these days, I'd do a cardigan and also put a hoodie on it. I think a hood would be pretty simple. Two rectangles. I think the effect would look like today's layered look. It could look like one was wearing a very thin hoodie under the sweatshirt.

If I did one these days, I'd do a cardigan and also put a hoodie on it. I think a hood would be pretty simple. Two rectangles. I think the effect would look like today's layered look. It could look like one was wearing a very thin hoodie under the sweatshirt.

Love these ideas..expecially the hoodie..My dd and dil would love one..hmmm Christmas- Heading to K-mart this afternoon..Checkbook get ready!! lol

• 8 months later...
but I want to see pictures of finished sweatshirts. Someone out there has to have made some! :P:D

I'm going to crochet directly onto my sweatshirt.

Ok, I did some in crochet and knit years ago so no pics, but if you have ever crocheted the edging on a baby blanket it is the same thing. evenly space the wholes (like with an Edgery doo) and then use whatever edging pattern is appropriate.

Teresa, if you're still interested, there's a new leaflet for crochet sweateshirts

These look intersting. It looks like the designer put in more thought then just an edging. They look like designs. I love the black one with the skirt too.

Debbi

I have that booklet. My wonderful purse/tote swap partner sent it to me. I was going to make one for my mom for Christmas. The projects look very nice. Once I get to it, I will definitely post pics.

Your sweatshirt came out really pretty!

I had forgotten about these... I used to :dreaming about making myself one all the time!

:scrachin I wonder if my MIL would like one?

I need to :lurk around here and see what everyone comes up with!

Archived