Sprial Edge Coaster

bajr

crochetstuff006.jpg

Spiral Edge Coaster

Materials:

Small amount of main color (mc)

Small amount of contrasting color (cc) (I used ww cotton for both colors)

Crochet hook suitable for ww (I used a size I-5.5 mm)

Note: This coaster can be made thicker by making an additional circle, using rounds 1-5 then placing back sides together, crochet the final round through both thicknesses.

Note: Do not join rounds unless otherwise instructed. Place marker at end of each round.

Rnd 1: With main color ch 4, join with sl st to 1st ch to form ring. (This can also be started with a magic ring).

Ch 1, work 8 sc into ring. (8sc)

Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around. (16 sc)

Rnd 3: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc* repeat from * to * around. (24 sc)

Rnd 4: *2 sc in next sc, sc in each of next 2 sc* repeat from * to * around. (32 sc)

Rnd 5: *2 sc in next sc, sc in each of next 3 sc* repeat from * to * around. (40 sc)

Final round note: If you have made 2 circles you will now place them back sides together and work through both for this round.

Rnd 6: With mc, join with sl st in next sc, ch 1, sc in same sc (where you just joined). Ch 3, drop mc loop from hook. Do not cut yarn.

Attach cc in next sc, sc in same st, ch 3, drop cc loop from hook.

*Pick up mc loop (holding cc to back of work), sc in next unused sc, ch 3, drop mc loop.

Pick up cc loop (holding mc to back of work), sc in next unused sc, ch 3, drop cc loop.*

Repeat from * to * around.

End each color with a sl st in 1st sc of same color. Finish off, weave in ends.

Copyright to Barbara Roberts aka bajr, October 24, 2008.

Feel free to make as many as you want, for yourself, friends, charity or to sell.

Please don't sell the pattern. Please link to this page, don't copy and paste the pattern to another site.

Thanks for posting this free pattern! I was looking around at all the testers finished projects and they all came out so pretty. I sure want to make some for myself! The Christmas colors look pretty but then so does black with the bright multi color. Decisions, decisions. :D Can't wait! Thanks again. :hook

Thank you for the pattern:manyheart. I have made one already (black and orange)and it was very easy. I am going to make 5 more and use them on top of a wedding present instead of a bow. My parents where invited to a halloween wedding costumes and all. I made them an afghan and then I went and bought a halloween table cloth to wrap it in with black ribbon and I also made the cat hot pad from annies attic free pattern which I will also put on top of the package. I am planning on crashing the wedding just to see how the bride and groom are dressing for this. I think it really sounds like a lot of fun. :skeleton

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So................. I totally had to make one of these. And now have decided that I'm going to make these for Christmas for a few folks.

Too Darn Fun. Thank you for sharing you pattern.

Oh.................. um... I did change it a bit.... I was feeling totally lazy today.. and didnt feel like sc... so mine is done with dc. :U

DCP02845.jpg

DCP02846.jpg

:heart

:mug

teakaycee, those look great, love your color combos.

Happy to see that this pattern is being used, it is the first one I ever attempted to write out. I really enjoy seeing everyone's variations. :) Thanks

Archived