WIP - Baby Misty Turtle

crochet mama

Well, it's day 5 of the turtle. :D I received an e-mail from one of you asking me how it's going. I've just been so busy with making this little guy and with things here at home. I keep forgetting to document my steps as I go along. That's what a blog and this great forum are for, right?

So, I've added 3 pictures of my progress. So far, everything is coming along nicely. I think I may have made my turtle a little too fat with stuffing (never made a stuffed - anything - before. I'm new at stuffing. :hook I ended up, on the shell, doing 52 puff sts for rounds 7-10. I don't know if that made much of a difference...

I've completed all four legs, the diaper and the shell. I have not added the velcro yet. Or sewed in many ends. I'm working up the undershell now.

The pattern IS long, but I think it works up quickly enough.

turtle6.jpg

turtle6shell.jpg

turtle6bodylegs.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the encouragement regarding the colors. I was trying to pick a variegated color that would be good for a 5-year-old boy. That's hard to do when you're working with baby yarn. But I'm happy with this one. :)

Ok, he's done. I had a bit of trouble with the legs - fitting the diaper first definately helped, however I was just having problems with it. I can't say why except that maybe it was because he is my first toy I made. He's the first 3-D object I made! :eek

So, here's a picture and you can read more about it here.

turtledone2.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you!

Diamond, actually, SHE has been changed to a HE for my nephew's sake. ;)

Oh, I'm terribly sorry! My mistake. HE is extremely cute & adorable. Great job on him.

Thanks, Jody! He really is adorable and I was so sad when I boxed him up just now. If I didn't have 2 blankets that I HAVE to get done right now, I'd make another one.

But, the blankets need to come first.

I do think that the bug has bit, though. I did find a pattern for a lion that I want to try out.

:manyheart:hook

:bee

Debbie, He is just tooo cute. I want to make one soooo bad, but I will be doing good to get my swap stuff done right now. Maybe by Christmas I can get one made for my middle daughter (20):lol :lol

Archived