WIP - Baby Misty Turtle

crochet mama

My nephew, Benji, is sick. :( I have decided to make him a stuffed animal. I am praying over it as I make it. My BIL says that Benji LOVES turtles, so I hope this little guy makes him happy.

Picture and details on my blog. I'm too tired to re-size the picture. :yawn:sleep:night

Edited to add:

He's finished!

turtledone2.jpg

And more here .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that pattern the other day and was thinkign of purchasing it....you are doing great on it so far! My prayers are with your nephew! :hug

Debbie, I'm so glad you like my turtle. She was fun to make. Please let me know if there are any problems with the pattern. Hint: do fit the back legs with the diaper on, otherwise they may not be in the right place for a good fit. I'm anxious to see your turtle.

Looking good, so far! That is the cutest turtle! Are you going to make the diaper, too?

Debbie, I'm so glad you like my turtle. She was fun to make. Please let me know if there are any problems with the pattern. Hint: do fit the back legs with the diaper on, otherwise they may not be in the right place for a good fit. I'm anxious to see your turtle.

Hi Fran! I LOVE your turtle. When I first saw the pattern, my hubby and I thought of our youngest son, Logan - 1. I'm still going to make one for him as well as this pattern is so darling.

I have not come across any problems yet. I've passed the midway point of his back. I LOVE how the shell shapes up and his bottom is flat. Very cool.

It is noted in the pattern to fit the back legs with the diaper on and I plan on following that notation. ;)

I am amazed at the work you designers do. Thanks! :hug

Looking good, so far! That is the cutest turtle! Are you going to make the diaper, too?

Yes, I figure I'll go ahead and just do up the whole thing.

My BIL says that Benji loves stuffed animals and plays "daddy" with them. I thought the diaper would be good for that. ;)

I also found out that Benji will probably make the turtle do "ninja moves". I laughed and said that's fine. As long as he's loved. :manyheart:hook

I just bought this pattern off of ebay!!! I love turtles and he is just WAY too cute to pass up!!! I can't wait to see your finished product!!

Kat

Oh great! I can't wait to see yours as well. :clap:hook

I'm loving watching this, because I got that magazine for the turtle too LOL

I haven't found the right yarn yet, but I think that green is perfect! I'll have to go look for it and something for his shell once mom gets home and I can go to Wally World and all my other old haunts.

How big is he turning out? About as big as the pattern said or off some?

I have more of the turtle completed. His body is done and a leg. :P

turtle5slow.jpg

Fran, I did come across something in the pattern - it may have been a typo for the magazines part, I don't know...

It's for the leg, round 10. Let me know if you want me to post it here or PM you.

Debbie, I think there should be 6 repeats instead of 7 on row 9. And sc in the last st. That should make 28 sts. On row 10 there should be 4 repeats instead of 5 and sc in last st. It is my fault, not the magazine's. If there's a stitch more or less it won't make any difference in the finished toy but I know the repeats can mess you up. I apologize. Thank you for letting me know. I hope this fixes the problem.

Fran, actually round 9 works out. Round 10 works if done, "sc in next 3" instead of 5.

Marking notes in my magazines for when I make this turtle. It's just too cute not to. Watching for my pictures & postings!

Archived