Beginner coffee cosy (free pattern)

Serendipitycrafter

DSC01388-1.jpg

These take so little time and are perfect for the beginner.

I made a couple for a swap but I'll make more for Christmas presents.

Each mug plus cozy cost about 4$ (mug was from 1$ store).

I posted the free pattern here http://sukigirl74.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-make-coffee-cozies.html

and I included instructions so you can make them for any sized mug.

Thanks guys...I figured it would be perfect for quick Christmas presents.

They would be great for teacher's etc.

oliveoil: I used Patons SWS geranium yarn. It's the first time I've used the soy wool yarn and it often goes on sale at Michael's. You can get two cosies from one ball.

check it out.............. I made one. I made this last night right after saving the pattern. Got up this morning ... and used it immediately with my first cup of coffee......... One of my boys came in my room and said... "um... mom... why do you have a sweater on your coffee cup?" :lol Then he looked again and said... "nevermind... I should know better than to ask... you'll crochet anything" :hook I told him it was to keep my coffee warmer .. longer. He just shook his head and grinned.

Thank you Ann for the lovely pattern... I'm terribly anxious to make more. Yes... teacher gifts was one of my first thoughts.

And here it is............... my first Coffee Cup Cozy/sweater

DCP02780.jpg

:heart

:mug

No problems at all Ann.

I was able to alter the pattern with ease through your instructions and create this cozy to fit my coffee cup. Hubby came in a few minutes ago.. and said...."okay... that is the cutest thing you've made yet.... with all the wonderful things... that is just plain Cute" So... from me and hubby.... ^5 on the pattern! I'm off to the store today... and I'll be getting a few mugs to start my gifts for teachers. Need to go ahead and get that all out of the way.. since my children love EVERY teacher in the school.......... sheesh. heheheheheheheeee

Thanks again Ann for sharing the pattern with us. You did Good dear!

Turned out really cute!!!!!!!! Great Job:cheer That's funny what your son said. :lol

Carol:hook

check it out.............. I made one. I made this last night right after saving the pattern. Got up this morning ... and used it immediately with my first cup of coffee......... One of my boys came in my room and said... "um... mom... why do you have a sweater on your coffee cup?" :lol Then he looked again and said... "nevermind... I should know better than to ask... you'll crochet anything" :hook I told him it was to keep my coffee warmer .. longer. He just shook his head and grinned.

Thank you Ann for the lovely pattern... I'm terribly anxious to make more. Yes... teacher gifts was one of my first thoughts.

And here it is............... my first Coffee Cup Cozy/sweater

DCP02780.jpg

Well Ann.............. I started the cozies for the boys teachers.. this being the first one.

The boys are very impressed... but think I'm crazy at the same time. YUP.. I am............. :hook

DCP02782.jpg

wow great idea I'm going to try and make those next after the afghan and the eyemask pattern that I got out of crochet today magazine.

Archived