Vanna's Choice Yarn Contest

:(:angry(excluding residents of NJ, AZ, VT, ND, MD, and TN) and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec):angrySubject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void in NJ, AZ, VT, ND, MD, TN and Quebec and where prohibited by law.

OOOOH I love Vanna Choice. I wonder why they are excluding some states? That doesn't seem fair!!

Presumably because of the laws of those states regarding contests.

Joyce

I didn't know that Vanna was Vanna White. I would give anything to win. If I were to win the one thing I would tell Vanna is how my Grand-Mother watched the wheel of fortune every time it was on. It would be cool to be in the audience of the wheel of fortune. I am going to enter.

Thanks for sharing this contest.

Strange that they are excluding so many states. :think I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they are allowing you to make an item from any pattern, not just your own and not just theirs, to be entered. I would have thought copyright laws wouldn't allow anyone to enter something in a contest made from someone elses pattern and win money for it, no? Might be different from state to state.

I was going to enter the Connected Hearts Shawl I just did in V's Choice (Terracotta). Residents of NJ are one of the states not eligible. :( I wonder why. :think

Darn it--your shawl turned out beautifully, too.

Froggie (aka Jana in Denton, TX)

:jumpyayI am SO excited! I love her yarn and use it alot. I am definitely going to enter this one! Thanks for telling us about it! :hug

Good! I'm "SO GLAD" you like her yarn! :blush (how was that for a subtle hint?)

Jammerholly you crack me up! :rofl I was at WalMart today at lunch and I seen the new bigger skeins of Vanna yarn. They have a beautiful yellow and a periwinkle like color that I think would look beautiful together!

Some of the baby colors are great! I'm thinking about entering this contest using some of them...just not sure which colors yet.... :think

I'd like to enter, but I don't have time to make anything big. Is the "Craft" category for stuff like teddy bears, toys, etc. :think? I could do something like that.

Ellie 13

Yes...there is a Craft category! Here's the link to the website if you want to research it further: http://vannaschoice.com/

• 2 months later...

I have been so out of the loop that I just found out about this contest today from an email flyer I received from Michaels saying there's only 30 days left!

I would love to enter....but its going to take me at least a week to decide on what to make! :think

How is everyone coming along on their entries?

I finished my teddy bear and didn't know if it should be a girl or boy bear. So I made a dress and coveralls. I'll take photos with the bear dressed each way. Good luck to all who enter. It would be cool if a Crochetville member wins.

Ellie 13

I have been so out of the loop that I just found out about this contest today from an email flyer I received from Michaels saying there's only 30 days left!

I would love to enter....but its going to take me at least a week to decide on what to make! :think

How is everyone coming along on their entries?

Two and a half entries done and two and a half to go :hook I'm just a wee bit jazzed about this contest :lol

I'm buying my yarn this weekend! ... not sure what I might do yet. I am leaning toward a larger version of one of the Noah's Ark sets. I've been wanting to do that, gives me a good excuse. :jumpyay

It's on sale at Joanns for 25% off! :crocheting

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone else tried submitting an entry online? I keep getting a message asking me to resubmit because my pictures haven't uploaded properly! I'm gonna mail it in just in case.

Hey Holly, I had the same problem a few weeks ago when I tried to submit mine. So I went down to Walgreen's with my camera card and had my pictures printed, then I mailed them in the old fashioned way!

I heard from someone else who was having the same problem, but she said after downsizing her pictures a lot, she was able to submit them. I tried that, but it still didn't work for me. Maybe there is a max total size that I was exceeding. I don't know.

You still have time to mail in pictures. Your entry just has to be postmarked by Jan 31.

Good luck!

MGM

Hey Holly, I had the same problem a few weeks ago when I tried to submit mine. So I went down to Walgreen's with my camera card and had my pictures printed, then I mailed them in the old fashioned way!

I heard from someone else who was having the same problem, but she said after downsizing her pictures a lot, she was able to submit them. I tried that, but it still didn't work for me. Maybe there is a max total size that I was exceeding. I don't know.

You still have time to mail in pictures. Your entry just has to be postmarked by Jan 31.

Good luck!

MGM

Thank you MGM! You too!! I sent my photos to Walmart via the web yesterday afternoon, and I'm going to stop on the way home from work today to pick them up. There's a small post office on the way to my work that opens at 7:30 am, so I'm going to get them in the mail Wednesday or Thursday morning.

Have a great day! :)

Archived