ASSEMBLING: 8" Squares for Comfortghan

thepunkrockinchick

I'm still bummed that the square I sent never reached you, Cyndi. :(

Anyway, I checked my stash and found this simply humungous ball of a varigated yarn with exactly the colors you indicated (with a little rich blue thrown in). I used ye basic dc square since that whips up so fast. This afternoon I will take it to the post office to make sure all is exactly right to send.:yes

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: -1

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

September Charity Square-a-long (Sept. 12-15)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am bummed about that too :(

I'm still bummed that the square I sent never reached you, Cyndi. :(

Anyway, I checked my stash and found this simply humungous ball of a varigated yarn with exactly the colors you indicated (with a little rich blue thrown in). I used ye basic dc square since that whips up so fast. This afternoon I will take it to the post office to make sure all is exactly right to send.:yes

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: -1

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

September Charity Square-a-long (Sept. 12-15)

I just received 4 lovely packages today full of squares! I will post pictures in a little bit. Thanks so much everyone!

I have enough squares now, but know that several more people have promised some. I was thinking about waiting until the end of next week before sewing them together so that if anyone who hasn't sent yet that wanted to be a part of my aunt's comfortghan could. I was also thinking about sending the -extra- squares, squares exceeding the quantity of 1 from a few people to FA Awareness, which is having a challenge for the month of October. I will label each square with the sender's screen name. If anyone has any questions or concerns about this, please let me know. Thank you everyone for all of your help and making this comfortghan possible!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

If you do not use my square you can send it on.

:) I am going to use your square. I am going to try to send a few of the squares from people who sent several so that everyone who has sent will be included. Thanks for being understanding. :hug

~Cyndi~

Thank you all so much for your kindness! I would love to make this comfortghan with squares from as many different people as possible. I think it would mean even more to my aunt that so many people care and show her that she is not alone (I am going to tell her how many people contributed).. so if you want to send them to me I will send the extras to angelfire for the FA awareness challenge when I send mine (I will put a note where they came from). I will be sure to label each square with the screen name of its maker. If you want to send them to someone else I respect your decision. Thanks again! :hug

~Cyndi~

Thanks! It's from 101 crochet squares book by Jean Leinhauser. It Number 98. The book shows it all in one color (white) but I just changed colors where it seemed to make sence to me and added a round or two to get the 8 inch size I wanted and ta da ! I used worsted weight yarn scraps I had in rust and green. Sorry I dont have the exact colors since these where little leftovers I had in my scrap bin. Here is a better pic of it after the ends where wove in. If I ever find more of ths yarn I would love to make some more since the colors really worked out well together. I might have enough left for one or two more.

clickable

th_squares001.jpg

Thanks! It's from 101 crochet squares book by Jean Leinhauser. It Number 98. The book shows it all in one color (white) but I just changed colors where it seemed to make sence to me and added a round or two to get the 8 inch size I wanted and ta da ! I used worsted weight yarn scraps I had in rust and green. Sorry I dont have the exact colors since these where little leftovers I had in my scrap bin. Here is a better pic of it after the ends where wove in. If I ever find more of ths yarn I would love to make some more since the colors really worked out well together. I might have enough left for one or two more.

clickable

th_squares001.jpg

That's so funny. I have that book AND I've made that square! :lol But I must say, yours is sooooooo much prettier than the one in the book. I may steal your idea. :yes It really is very beautiful. :)

That's so funny. I have that book AND I've made that square! :lol But I must say, yours is sooooooo much prettier than the one in the book. I may steal your idea. :yes It really is very beautiful. :)

Sometimes you just have to play. :yes:hook:yarn

Archived