September Chariety Square-a-long - (Sept. 12th -15th)

Super Granny

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I decided I couldn't stand that pattern I was doing for the lapghan so the strip turned into a scarf to donate at a later time. :blush I'm trying another square but may not get one finished before the end of the day.

I did 1 hat, 1 scarf and 99 grannies daughters. I am trying to use up all of my little scraps. I think I am going to try to do some more hats today. Although I have 2 kids home from school sick. They are both crying because they want to go but I know if I send them I wil just have to go pick them up in about a hour.

Well my total for the weekend isn't too good but I got.....

16 squares joined and border done to complete the lapghan

one scarf

1 10 inch square done. :sigh

maybe next month I'll do better. :hook

What can I say? I have to make hay...well, mulch...while the sun shines. Wiped myself out both days this weekend.

Then, Darn!, had to go to work Friday and Monday.

So that shot the square-a-long for me this month.

Only managed two 12"ers and through the petals on my second daisy square. I can usually go on automatic when doing the granny thing, but I still have to sit down and concentrate when doing more complicated projects.:sigh

There's always next month....

Congratulations to everyone else with some really impressive totals! :clap The charities will certainly benefit! And that's what really matters in the end.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -3

Silver medal for stashbusting 8/24/08

September Charity Square-a-long - (Sept. 12th -15th)

this is what I have so far ...there are still a few that I haven't heard from.... thank you all for a profitable weekend... your work was well worth it..

TOTALS

Super Granny - 48 saltines, 12 - 8" squares, 1 hat

hseger - 16 squares joined, 1 10" square

pineknott - 15 - 6" squares

ArmyMom451 - 11 - 8" squares

dorothysgirls - 157 grannies daughters, 6 hats, 2 scarves

Marzee - 2 - 12" squares

Smooth fox-

KellyA - 16 - 6" squares

Cherri - 34- 8" squares, 2 scarves, 15 yo yo's

hockeymomcrochets - 2 - 17" preemie blankets, 53 granny daughters, 1 wristband

debra way - 4 - 7" squares

detroitdeb - 11 - 6" squares

jessicagil - 4 - 12" squares, 1 scarf

lavendargirl - 48 squares

349 squares, 7 hats,5 scarves and 1 wrist band

am sad to report that I have only 4, 7" sqs. done. I got the call Sunday morning my daughter thought she was in labor, and as I live 8 hours away in Ar and she in Nashville, I had better head this way. We have been to the hospital twice, and not quite yet. She has a Dr. appointment tomorrow, and as she id due next fri, am hoping they will go ahead and induce her. I have to be back to work/class by next Wed. thisis my first grandbaby and I am not leaving her side and am not letting her do anything but walk, hoping she will go in to labor. I will try harder on the squares, but I really think I need to help her first.

You all have done so Well, Congrats.

Debra

Sorry for the late check-in but last night was hectic. Here's what I got accomplished. Would have been more but my arm was so sore on Sunday I didn't get anything done.

2 - 17" Preemie Granny Ghans for badrhinogillett for the Oakland California Children's NICU (thread here)

53 - Circle of Hope for Angelfire (thread here) to go with the 48 I had completed in the days prior to the CAL, so I'll be sending out 101 to her.

1 - wristband for Compassionate Creations (thread here) and I will be making more this week to add to what I send since Sunday didn't work out for me. :(

• 5 weeks later...

Yes there is!! I lost track of the dates as the family was sick and confrences at the school among other personal things. So on Monday I am going to post the starter thread for next weekend. I am so sory ladies!!

Archived