September Chariety Square-a-long - (Sept. 12th -15th)

Super Granny

Hello! The September Charity Square-A-Long round is coming. It will be this weekend.

Please bear with me as this is my first time leading a CAL. Dorothysgirls and I will be sharing this role so please join us in our adventure. Hopefully we can do as good a job as LavenderBear did .. so please join us in the fun!

The rules are the same - - - make charity squares in the sizes, patterns, and colors you choose and give them to the charity of your choice! Some of us also make "granny daughters" (first round of granny squares), "saltines" (first two rounds of granny squares), or preemie afghans (varying in sizes). It's up to YOU to decide!

If you would like to join us, please let us know below! Also, please post your round total by Tuesday night after the round has ended!

TOTALS

Super Granny - 48 saltines, 12 - 8" squares, 1 hat

hseger - 16 squares joined, 1 10" square

pineknott - 15 - 6" squares

ArmyMom451 - 11 - 8" squares

dorothysgirls - 157 grannies daughters, 6 hats, 2 scarves

Marzee - 2 - 12" squares

Smooth fox-

KellyA - 16 - 6" squares

Cherri - 34- 8" squares, 2 scarves, 15 yo yo's

hockeymomcrochets - 2 - 17" preemie blankets, 53 granny daughters, 1 wristband

debra way - 4 - 7" squares

detroitdeb - 11 - 6" squares

jessicagil - 4 - 12" squares, 1 scarf

lavendargirl - 48 squares

349 squares, 7 hats and 5 scarves

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I'm a squareAholic, but I seem to keep missing the monthy Charity Square-a-longs. They would be a natural, as that is what I mostly crochet for. So, count me in! I will work on Krystal's daisy square. They are a real challange. I have made one, but others who are comfortable with it say that it takes around three to get there. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/krochetkrystal/ for information, if you are interested.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: -5

Silver medal for stashbusting 8/24/08

I'm going to be joining squares for the weekend this time around.

I have all the squares I made back in July's SAL that need to get joined and then all the squares from the Charity blitz that should all be in or almost all in by then that will need to get sorted and joined :D

I'm in. I have been wanting to do squares for "the shipsproject". I have never done a crochetallon, so I guess I will find out how fast I can crochet them.

Debra

just do what you can... welcome to the group.. we all just do our best .... encourage each other and have fun...

1 more day to go

Did you all know that Friday is International Crochet Day

Archived