Connected Hearts Filet Shawl CAL!

froggie

Hi Jana, Thanks so much for invite. Am struggling with first two rows only because I'm not reading my instructions properly. Now starting my second row again, slowly and properly (lol). I'm using McGregors Mohair + wool (Australian) from my stash. Have a feeling I may need some assistance with this shawl. Oh well, wish me luck.

Cheers, Robyn.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Jana, Thanks so much for invite. Am struggling with first two rows only because I'm not reading my instructions properly. Now starting my second row again, slowly and properly (lol). I'm using McGregors Mohair + wool (Australian) from my stash. Have a feeling I may need some assistance with this shawl. Oh well, wish me luck.

Cheers, Robyn.

Hi Robyn! If you have any questions, just ask them. I think almost everyone here has made at least one of these shawls, plus a couple of folks here have some experience doing filet crochet--we should be able to help you out if you need it!

What color will your shawl be?

Jana

I started my second shawl. It's purple. I'm working on row 10. I'll try to get some pics later of it. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the week. :D

I just finished my shawl. Lovely lil pattern. I just have to hide my ends and wait for a good hair day and I will get somebody to snap a picture of me wearing it and I will post it. I really like this pattern. I am very tall and big enough boned. I asked my husband if the shawl looks to skimpy on me. He said no but it is a smaller shawl than what I am used too. Good to wear to warm the shoulders in the morning when I'm at the puter. lol

Hi Jana, Can I please have a copy of your first 10 rows written out? I'm having problems and not really sure I'm doing this right. Back on Row 3 but due to only missing a chain in a mesh. I need all the help I can get, Robyn.

PM'd you!

Froggie (aka Jana in Denton, TX)

Im done! Heres prayer shawl #2. This shawl will also be given to someone in need. Ive really enjoyed this pattern its quick and easy and it turnes out so pretty.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/Evangelist_Yvonne/Picture1112080-1.jpg

Yvonne

The shawl is beautiful!! Great job!! :clap

Jana

It looks beautiful, Yvonne.

Finished #2. I didn't get great pictures of it as I was stuck in my room with my kids and couldn't get them to stay still long enough for me to find something smooth to lay it on. So I only have my girls posing with it. Hazards of a day off from school when Daddy has to work and the girls knowing that they are going to their grandma's for the weekend. Add to that that they are 5 and 6 and have way more energy than I could ever dream of having. :lol:

The shawl was delivered to my church so that it could be taken to the person I made it for.

This first is being modeled by my oldest, shows the modification I made. (Same modification as the other)

396579091_VFeR5-S.jpg

This one is modeled by my youngest, and I think shows how well it flows and how nice the edging seems to fit with it.

396579149_LGxav-S.jpg

The actual color is more of a mulberry. These pics, thanks to the poor lighting for the pictures, doesn't do the color justice.

Terri--Your shawls are so lovely, and this is no exception. Pretty color!!

Brenda--I love this shawl in bone (my first one was in bone)!! Beautiful work!!

I gave my first one to my mother for her 76th birthday this week and she loved it!!

Now I'd better get moving on my second one...

Jana

Thanks so much Terri and Froggie for your compliments and taking the time to post them. I went to your blog Terri and I love your how you put the cross in the shawl. Very nice and I like your fitted slippers.

Hi Everyone, Just to let you know I'm now on Row 23 (after unpicking the last 2 rows) - (so I'm slow) - I'm am loving this pattern and determined to do it right.

Jana - I would call the colour of my shawl rose pink.

Cheers, jessica53.

Yay Robyn!! :cheer

Keep on going with it and keep us posted!!

I need to pick mine back up...

Froggie (aka Jana in Denton, TX)

Joyce your shawl along with everyone else's is beautiful! I'm going to make one for a friend of mine. She just lost a second son in 6 months and I thought this is the perfect gift for her. I'm going to use Vanna's Choice also. Did yours come out a little bigger since it is a thicker yarn than the pattern calls for and did what size hook did you use. It doesn't really matter if it is a little bigger though.

Joyce your shawl along with everyone else's is beautiful! I'm going to make one for a friend of mine. She just lost a second son in 6 months and I thought this is the perfect gift for her. I'm going to use Vanna's Choice also. Did yours come out a little bigger since it is a thicker yarn than the pattern calls for and did what size hook did you use. It doesn't really matter if it is a little bigger though.

I don't think mine came out much bigger and I think I used an H hook. My swap partner loved it. I want to make one next in Bernat Satin Sunset

Joyce

• 2 months later...

Iam working on this shawl right now and have a question for others who have made this. Iam using Vanna's Choice with an H hook. I have finished row 5 and I don't know if it will be big enough to tie. I was wondering if you ladies could tell me how wide across yours is and if you tie to keep in on. I'm thinking of starting over with a J hook which will make it wider. Any suggestions are certainly welcome. My friend who this is for is probably a 10/12.

I want to bump this up.

Iam working on this shawl right now and have a question for others who have made this. Iam using Vanna's Choice with an H hook. I have finished row 5 and I don't know if it will be big enough to tie. I was wondering if you ladies could tell me how wide across yours is and if you tie to keep in on. I'm thinking of starting over with a J hook which will make it wider. Any suggestions are certainly welcome. My friend who this is for is probably a 10/12.

I want to bump this up.

I think it will be fine, I'm a size 18 and I can get it to tie but it's tight. I had that same feeling when I was doing it.

Archived