Connected Hearts Filet Shawl CAL!

froggie

I just snuck on here for a minute while at work. I did not get any further last night but i will try to get a picture posted later tonight if it is not storming and I can get on. I will help anyone who needs it just let me know. I got a request to do one in blue and was given a pound of Caron in slate blue today to make one so maybe I will start and finish that one first.

Tip 2. To see your progress... if you are using a light colored yarn lay your work accross a dark surface and stand back. You should see the pattern fairly well then. If you are working with a dark yarn lay it on something white or light in color and ta da you will see the pattern. Have fun and PM me if you need extra help.

Jana - This was a great idea for a CAL!!!! Thanks for coordinating this. The pattern is not that difficult for beginners and the results will give you all a great sence of pride when you are finished.

Well time to go back to work. Talk to you when I get home.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have gotten a few questions on what a 3 dc mesh and a 4 dc mesh look like and how many stitches you need in each square. I created a PDF file that I think may help explain things a bit better. Most filet is done in 4 mesh but this shawl pattern was written as a 3dc. You could make it in either but if you make 4 mesh you will need a larger starting chain. If you would like a copy of the pdf file PM me your email addy and I will send it to you.

Added feedback request.

If you ask for and receive this file from me let me know if it was helpful to you. I want to try to create an additional page to show what stitches on top of stitches would look like too. I will try to get that done this weekend if I can and add it to the PDF file I made. I will be having minor surgery Friday to remove a cyst from my ear cannal so as long as I am feeling up to it I should be around to help you if you need it.

OK I have about 20 minutes left before I have to go to bed so I am off to try to get row 7 done. Have a great night!

Just updating I'm on row 22, this is really easy and fun to make. I picked up yarn for 2 more shawls. The color for the next 2 will be Red Heart WW Light Raspberry and RH WW Lavendar. Can't wait to see them done.

Lynn

Great progress! :clap

I hope to get to row 22 today before I have to go to work. You'll have to post some pics so we can see.

I bet the Light Raspberry will look yummy!

Froggie (Jana)

Welcome MissRach and Sewnsew (Donna)!! :hook

Donna--You'll like this shawl in the bone color. I'm also using the Caron SS in bone, and it's really pretty!

Y'all post some pics if/when you can, so we can see!!

This is my first CAL, and I'm so glad to have y'all here! I also want to say thank you to Wiz/Tammy--I appreciate your experience and your willingness to help us!

I won't be around this weekend--working 7p-7a Fri/Sat/Sun, and sleeping when I'm not working. If it's quiet at work though, I might get to check in. And if Ike sends us some really bad weather on Saturday, I might stay home--I drive from Denton to Dallas for work, and I don't know if I'll make that 45-mile drive if it's blowing 60 mph and pouring down rain.

Jana

Jana...stay safe!!

I'd love to see it in soft navy, very pretty! I can't wait to see them in all the different colors.

I did sneek in a few rows yesterday before work....:)

Jana...stay safe!!

We'll just have some wind and rain, because we're so far inland. They're talking about 35-45 mph sustained winds, with some gusts > 60 mph. We put things away last night, like lawn chairs and trash cans. Oh, and we definitely filled up the cars last evening.

Anyway, what we get will seem bad to us up here, but it will be nothing like what Galveston, Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur will get. They're already getting some flooding along the coast, per CNN. Thoughts and prayers with everyone in the path of Ike!!

Jana

I have gotten a few questions on what a 3 dc mesh and a 4 dc mesh look like and how many stitches you need in each square. I created a PDF file that I think may help explain things a bit better. Most filet is done in 4 mesh but this shawl pattern was written as a 3dc. You could make it in either but if you make 4 mesh you will need a larger starting chain. If you would like a copy of the pdf file PM me your email addy and I will send it to you.

Added feedback request.

If you ask for and receive this file from me let me know if it was helpful to you. I want to try to create an additional page to show what stitches on top of stitches would look like too. I will try to get that done this weekend if I can and add it to the PDF file I made. I will be having minor surgery Friday to remove a cyst from my ear cannal so as long as I am feeling up to it I should be around to help you if you need it.

OK I have about 20 minutes left before I have to go to bed so I am off to try to get row 7 done. Have a great night!

Hope your surgery goes well! My mother had to have that surgery done a few years ago. Let us know.

:hug

~Lynn

Great progress! :clap

I hope to get to row 22 today before I have to go to work. You'll have to post some pics so we can see.

I bet the Light Raspberry will look yummy!

Froggie (Jana)

This is going quicker than I thought. I'm on row 27 now, I hope to get a few more in tonight.

I'll try and get some pictures posted this weekend.

The Light Raspberry is going to be the next one I'm going to work on.

Blessings,

Lynn

Goodness you are moving right along!

I had to frog a few rows. I have this habit of adding a chain after the first double crochet of the three. Flusterating!

I've got this very cool dk teal color of RH that I might make up for the fun of it. LOL! I can see an addiction starting.

Hi Everyone

Surgery to remove the cyst from my ear canal went very well. I am quite sore but doing fine. I think I emailed out the help file to all who requested it. I am going to try to type up more tips and tricks of filet this weekend if I am up to it.

I in no way claim to be an expert but I will share everything I have learned with anyone who asks. I really enjoy filet and I hope you will too.

If I have missed anyone that requested the file I am sorry and just let me know. I will get you a copy.

Goodness you are moving right along!

I had to frog a few rows. I have this habit of adding a chain after the first double crochet of the three. Flusterating!

I've got this very cool dk teal color of RH that I might make up for the fun of it. LOL! I can see an addiction starting.

Oooh. I love teal. This shawl would look sooooo pretty in teal!

Hi Jana,

Glad to see you are ok from Ike. I have friends down there that it appeasrt they have not faired as well. At least they got out before Ike hit but I dont think their house survied too well.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friends today. It's a big mess down at the coast. We're up by Dallas, so we're just getting a little wind and rain--not as bad as the weather forecast had called for and certainly nothing close to what Houston/Galveston/Beaumont got from Ike.

My friends house is in Galveston and I also have friends in North Houston. Both left bet I think my Housont friends house is ok. I really dont know about their huse yet but we have been told my Galveton friend's house has been destroyed. I know many people chose not leave. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Does anyone know why the CD-Rom won't open? :eek I have an extra one that I brought a couple of years ago when I thought it was going bad. Now it won't open and I can't get my camera installed. Which I thought was installed. :think URGH!!!!

I'll try and get hubby to take a few minutes one day this week to change the CD-ROM, the drive just will not budge.

My shawl is completed!! :cheerI will begin on the Light Raspberry this week. It is just beautiful. I love it. I was thinking this would be so beautiful in white for a bride. I may have to get some white and make it to store away for my daughter. I'll try to get some pictures posted when I get this CD-ROM changed. I'm not very computer savvy or I would try to change it myself. I may give it a try if hubby doesn't get a chance.

I can see that this shawl is going to be a addiction.

Blessings,

Lynn

Does anyone know why the CD-Rom won't open? :eek I have an extra one that I brought a couple of years ago when I thought it was going bad. Now it won't open and I can't get my camera installed. Which I thought was installed. :think URGH!!!!

I'll try and get hubby to take a few minutes one day this week to change the CD-ROM, the drive just will not budge.

My shawl is completed!! :cheerI will begin on the Light Raspberry this week. It is just beautiful. I love it. I was thinking this would be so beautiful in white for a bride. I may have to get some white and make it to store away for my daughter. I'll try to get some pictures posted when I get this CD-ROM changed. I'm not very computer savvy or I would try to change it myself. I may give it a try if hubby doesn't get a chance.

I can see that this shawl is going to be a addiction.

Blessings,

Lynn

Can't wait to see it. I have to get this one done and a few more things for the Fara Auction and I may start the slate blue after that. So much to do so little time. :crocheting

lyn...you may want to see if you can download the program to install your camera. I had to do that with my printer/scanner/copier. I so would love to see your shawl! I'm only just to the end of the large center heart. I would love to continue but my eyes are getting tired. Thank goodness I have a couple days off coming soon!

Tammy, the shawl looks good. I really like it in the white color, the hearts really show. My shawl was completed, including edging this weekend, but I can't show it until after secret pals.

Joyce

Wow--y'all have been really busy!! Can't wait to see pictures of the completed shawls!!

I'm through row 20. I'm also off the next 3 nights, so I'm hoping to double that row count at least.

Jana

Archived