Connected Hearts Filet Shawl CAL!

froggie

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to make a shawl for the mom of the little boy in the town next to ours with luekemia. I think this will be perfect. Leukemia color is orange. Do you think that would look funny in orange?

I hope to start it this weekend.

Also, has anyone used RHSS and how many skeins did it take?

Thanks!

I think it would look great in orange. I am, particularly thinking of Bernat Satin in their color Sunset. I did mine using a little over two 3.5 oz skeins, so I would say it would take about on skein exactly of RHSS or three of the Bernat Satin. If you used RHSS, I'd buy extra.

Joyce

I want to make a shawl for the mom of the little boy in the town next to ours with luekemia. I think this will be perfect. Leukemia color is orange. Do you think that would look funny in orange?

I hope to start it this weekend.

Also, has anyone used RHSS and how many skeins did it take?

Thanks!

I think it would look great in orange. I am, particularly thinking of Bernat Satin in their color Sunset. I did mine using a little over two 3.5 oz skeins, so I would say it would take about on skein exactly of RHSS or three of the Bernat Satin. If you used RHSS, I'd buy extra.

Joyce

I agree with Joyce--it would be beautiful in Bernat Satin Sunset, which is a beautiful shade of orange.

Jana

Thanks ladies. I actually had some Vanna's Choice in Terracotta that was for a hat for my son but now he doesn't want it mainly orange (ugh!) so I picked up 2 more skeins on my way home (I had a 50% off 1 item coupon from Michael's) so I started it tonight. I made it through Row 8!

I forgot how much I loved filet!

You'll have plenty, and maybe some left over for a hat ;)

Joyce

Thanks ladies. I actually had some Vanna's Choice in Terracotta that was for a hat for my son but now he doesn't want it mainly orange (ugh!) so I picked up 2 more skeins on my way home (I had a 50% off 1 item coupon from Michael's) so I started it tonight. I made it through Row 8!

I forgot how much I loved filet!

Wow. I am impressed. Froggie your shawl is beautiful. I am still back on row 17. I slacked off this weekend and met up with the AZ villers and Janet-aka auntbubbles Sunday so I am falling way behind.

I think the satin in sunst would be really pretty .

Thanks, y'all!! I love this shawl, and plan to make more.

Mary--Welcome to the CAL!! The shawl will be beautiful in the terracotta. Can't wait to see it!!

Joyce--I have 2 skeins of Sunset that I picked up at my local Habitat for Humanity thrift store because I thought it was soooo pretty. Michaels here doesn't carry that shade, though. When I can afford to order some yarn, I'm definitely going to get a few more skeins--whether it ends up as a shawl or something else, it will make something beautiful!

We need more pics!!

Jana

I went to the first post of this thread and did some editing. WIPs are in green. FOs are in purple Could y'all please check post #1 and make sure I've got you on our roster--and if you've completed a shawl during this CAL, make sure I've got your name in purple? I'm trying to keep up, I swear...

TIA

Jana (aka Froggie)

Welcome, Brenda (TallGirl)!! I hope you'll join us--let us know what yarn you're using.

Terri--Yay!! Your shawls are beautiful--can't wait to see this one!!

How's everybody doing?

Jana

I worked on mine a bit during lunch yesterday and someone came in and started talking to me. I went from Row 8 to Row 14 and then had to FROG back down to Row 12. :bang I think today I will stay in my office with the door closed instead of sitting in the conference room in comfort. :think

Ok, was finally able to get the pics uploaded

The shawl before I did the edging:

379924456_mraP6-S.jpg

Closer picture of the larger heart, where I did the modifications:

379924477_ZpxPZ-S.jpg

And a picture after I did the edging. The bottom point of the shawl:

380557195_7hmre-S.jpg

The full pics of the shawl after the edging didn't come out as well. But you get the idea.

Jana... is that bone color? It looks very antique whitish...very nice! I love the way it just comes together.

Terri...you did another wonderful job! It's amazing how you can alter the pattern like that. I'm impressed!

Mary....selective hearing or tell them to go away or eat a bunch of bran :)

Thank you Jana and Smith. I've never believed that I was very creative, but I guess I can adjust something as I need it. :lol: I'm thinking I might do another shawl for my daughter's speech therapist. Using the ribbon in the heart. Her brother passed of HIV, so she has a lot of yellow ribbon stuff.

Archived