Connected Hearts Filet Shawl CAL!

froggie

Jana... is that bone color? It looks very antique whitish...very nice! I love the way it just comes together.

Susan--Thanks! And yes, it's Caron SS in bone.

I'm thinking about doing another one of these. I know I've got enough Caron SS Country Blue or some TLC something-heather, but I've also got some SS in Dark Sage (don't know if it's enough). So, I'm pondering...

Jana

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your warm welcome Froggie. I am using simply soft and in the color bone. I frogged an afghan that I was using it for as I should have been using an aran afghan. I have read what most are using so this yarn and color will be perfect and is the same as in the pattern or the same as somebody is using and I have lots of yarn so I lucked out and can put it to good use by making this shawl.

Thanks for your warm welcome Froggie. I am using simply soft and in the color bone. I frogged an afghan that I was using it for as I should have been using an aran afghan. I have read what most are using so this yarn and color will be perfect and is the same as in the pattern or the same as somebody is using and I have lots of yarn so I lucked out and can put it to good use by making this shawl.

Brenda--You're on the roster now!! I did mine in Bone Simply Soft, and Donna (sewnsew) is using it too--it will look really nice and be very soft. I really like the Simply Soft for this shawl.

Anyway, y'all post pics when you have them and let us know about your progress!

:ghug

Jana (aka Froggie)

Hmmm. I just looked up what the colors are for ovarian cancer and cervical cancer--it's teal for ovarian and teal/white for cervical cancer. Most of my patients have either ovarian or cervical cancer, and I've been thinking about making some of these and stashing them to give to some of our patients. I need some teal....

Jana (aka Froggie)

Mary....I bet it's beautiful in that terracotta!!

Joyce....I can't wait to see the final project in sunset.

Jana....angelfire has mill ends in red heart soft in teal, that would be very kind of you to do for your patients.

tallgirl...I hope you like pattern, it's quick and easy.

I'm toying with the idea of making another one, I'm not quite sure. I've got special olympic scarves and FARA squares and HAP rectangles and a misc square or two that pops up.

I am eager to see what it's like in all the different colors....

Well here she is http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/Evangelist_Yvonne/S6300253.jpg .

I added tassels to mine because my pastor wants us to add tassels to our prayer shawls cause the tassels symbolize healing. Once my pastor prayes over this shawl it will be sent out to a woman who is battling cancer.

It's gorgeous. Love the color and the tassels (learn something new every day)

Joyce

Well here she is http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/Evangelist_Yvonne/S6300253.jpg .

I added tassels to mine because my pastor wants us to add tassels to our prayer shawls cause the tassels symbolize healing. Once my pastor prayes over this shawl it will be sent out to a woman who is battling cancer.

Yvonne--Beautiful! You did such a great job on this. I didn't know that about the tassels symbolizing healing. The recepient should love it!

Jana

Thanks Froggie youve been very encouraging to me. I really didnt think I could do this but you encouraged me I could. The tassels represents healing because Jesus had tassels on the hem of his garment and when the woman with an issue of blood touched his hem she was healed.

Yvonne

Well, I knew you could do it!!:yay

Yvonne - It's beautiful. Just gorgeous. Never knew that about the tassels. I'll have to remember that.

Donna- I love it. Your friend truly will love it.

I am ever so envious now. I really need to kick it into gear and get mine done. I have to edge 2 more blankets and finish a baby dress for Fara by Oct 6 to get to Jimbo by the 10th then I can kick it up a notch. So much to do so little time.

I am on row 3 and itchin to crochet all day and leave the housework. lol I can't wait for it to be done and wearing it and am also looking forward to doing the edging.

Archived