Connected Hearts Filet Shawl CAL!

froggie

Well I started out with a 3 ply yarn and I thought it would work out cause I just finished another shawl with that yarn and it turned out real good. 3 ply wasnt working for me with this pattern so I frogged the whole thing and started over with Caron one pounder 4 ply yarn in soft pink and im using a g hook. It seems to be working out better now.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome Lynn

Thanks for the welcome!! :manyheart

I have completed 5 rows so far. I may sit down and work on a couple more rows before bed. This is working up quickly as of right now. I may have to make a couple of these for Christmas gifts. This one I will be keeping. :yay

I know I will be taking it with me tomorrow. I can crochet while my MIL is in with the doctor and while waiting for him to see her. He is a little slow.

Blessings,

Lynn

Hi everyone. I will try to answer all your questions if I can. I work a lot of hours and I live in AZ so it might take me a bit to answer sometimes.

Size 3 thread would make this shawl way too small to be usable on an adult and not a lot better for a child. Any worsted weight yarn should work well. I find that with patterns lighter colors seem to show the patten off but it will really depend on the pattern. I have seen this one done in Red, Pink , White, light to med blue and all have been just gorgeous! Just stick with it and you will soon be loving it.

I am now on row 6 and I love it. I did a rose vase piece in thread for my mom for mothers day and framed it. It turned out beautiful. Let me know if you would like to see it and I will see if I can find the link to it.

I found the link. I hope this works. If not I will just post the pic again. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1285993#post1285993

Oh, Tammy, that's gorgeous. Is there a pattern or is it something you did? Im glad you're here to help out. I made it to about row 12 and things are going pretty well. I'm loving this pattern.

Joyce

Oh, Tammy, that's gorgeous. Is there a pattern or is it something you did? Im glad you're here to help out. I made it to about row 12 and things are going pretty well. I'm loving this pattern.

Joyce

Thanks! The pattern is from Stich Collection Filet Crochet by Betty Barnden. This book is what got me really into filet and explains the different types of mesh. Great book for beginners. This is what the book looks like.

http://www.amazon.com/Martins-Books-.../dp/B0013AO9GM

I just checked that link and I know I have found this book much cheaper than the $31 I am seeing it listed at there. It is a small book that fits great in any carry along tote.

Joyce

Joyce--I'm glad you decided to join us!! What yarn/hook size are you using?

Jana

I don't wanna give too much away because it's for the secret pal swap, but I'm using WW and an H hook

Joyce

Joyce--I'm glad you decided to join us!! What yarn/hook size are you using?

Jana

I HAVE to do this shawl! I've got a pound of blood red that would look great! I'll put it on the books for next week. :)

Hey there, smith--welcome! I'll add you to our roster!!

Jana

And now, a picture!

This is through row 13. I can see the pattern better in this picture than I can looking at it in person.

Darn cell phone adds a yellow tinge to my pictures, I think...

:clap:cheerBRAVO!!!!! :cheer:clap

It is looking great!

Oh BTW I am using a G hook. I am still on row six. No chance to work on it last night. I am trying to do this along with a few other items for the FARA auction and I need to get moving if I am gonna get everything done and to Jimbo by Oct 10th. Let me know if I can be of any help to anyone.

Thanks Froggie for putting this CAL together. :hug

Just a little tip for beginners. Make sure to work all odd rows from right to left and all even rows from left to right or your pattern will not turn out right. Feel free to PM me or leave a message here if you need any help. I cant tell you how many times I ended up frogging when I first learned because my count was off or I was working in the wrong direction. I even did that wrong direction on this pattern when I started row 4. Had to frog and redo it. Even "old pros" ha ha make mistakes. Have fun everyone.

Just a little tip for beginners. Make sure to work all odd rows from right to left and all even rows from left to right or your pattern will not turn out right. Feel free to PM me or leave a message here if you need any help. I cant tell you how many times I ended up frogging when I first learned because my count was off or I was working in the wrong direction. I even did that wrong direction on this pattern when I started row 4. Had to frog and redo it. Even "old pros" ha ha make mistakes. Have fun everyone.

I've got to go back and check my work...I THINK I've been consistent in this directional thing, but I'm not certain. Well, I'd rather frog now when I'm only 16 rows in instead of 49!!

Thanks for the reminder, Tammy!!

I'm hoping to get a row or two in tomorrow evening! I have never done filet before so this should be interesting. The pattern does not look too difficult to do.

Thank you for the tip!!

I'm hoping to get a row or two in tomorrow evening! I have never done filet before so this should be interesting. The pattern does not look too difficult to do.

Thank you for the tip!!

Hi! This is my first filet project too. It really isn't too difficult--well, if I'm doing right, it's not too difficult! I think the hardest thing is remembering to do what Tammy's tip says: R=>L on the odds, L=>R on the evens. Anyway, if I can do this, you can too!

However, I still have to check my work before I do anymore on it, to make sure I'm not off!!

Jana

And now, a picture!

This is through row 13. I can see the pattern better in this picture than I can looking at it in person.

Darn cell phone adds a yellow tinge to my pictures, I think...

Your shawl is looking really great. My husband and children say they see the pattern perfectly in this shawl I'm working. I can't see it real well. I think I'm to close to the project. :) Love the way your's is turning out.

Lynn

Thank you for the tip!!

This is my first filet project as well. And it is going rather quickly! And really fun.

Lynn

Your shawl is looking really great. My husband and children say they see the pattern perfectly in this shawl I'm working. I can't see it real well. I think I'm to close to the project. :) Love the way your's is turning out.

Lynn

I keep holding mine up once in a while to see if I can see it. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Joyce

Just updating I'm on row 22, this is really easy and fun to make. I picked up yarn for 2 more shawls. The color for the next 2 will be Red Heart WW Light Raspberry and RH WW Lavendar. Can't wait to see them done.

Lynn

I keep holding mine up once in a while to see if I can see it. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Joyce

I found that today if I lay it on something that is a lighter color I can really see it beautiful.

Lynn

Archived