NEED help, ideas PLEASE, begging, pleading. on my knee's

I recieved news my neice, favorite first born, that lives in Virginia is getting married in Novemeber, on my brothers birthday, her dad, must be an honour for him! Anyways, I am almost finished with the bridal stole for her engagement gift, I want to make a doily or something for the wedding but am shirt for time, have NO idea what I can get done, if it is the right idea, I been not up tp par health wise yet, but if I can MAKE mysellf do so many rows a day even, PLEASE give me idea's...................

Hugs and Love JoAnn

P.S. they are wealthy, and I can not by any means afford a present worth anything, this is why I am going doilywise. I cant go to the wedding even, but of course am invited

I'm assuming she's going to need to build a household from scratch.

Do you like making snowflakes? Does she seem like the type who would like them? Maybe you could make her some snowflakes for christmas tree ornaments.

Maybe a couple of kitchen sets? You know, the tea towels with button tops, potholders, dishcloths, etc.

Or how about those mini doilies that make for coasters?

I have a few ideas, but is there any type of doily you're looking for?

A romantic one?

Hearts Doily Crochet A Long this is a beautiful doily that lots of memebers here have done and it shows you step by step to help get it done. I haven't done it, but it's on my todo list...

An quick one that still looks nice?

5 Hour Doily is real easy to complete. I made one last year and I think when it first appeared in a magazine years ago.

Or?....

Not sure what else right now. If you haven't check out the 700 Doily Pattern Links and if you just put your mouse over the name in most cases, a photo comes up so you can see what it looks like.

I loved making doilies in the past for gifts. I didn't have really any money and a $2 ball of thread made a gorgeous doily and with the hours and hours and hours spent on it, the thought into it, etc., it became worth more then lots of other gifts I could have just bought.

Debbi

I had this thought the other day but never told anyone here.

My friend is getting married and setting up household soon so I crocheted up these really pretty soft cotton Star washclothes, Not like the ones in the original patterns forum, I used a basic 12 point round ripple and just did it enough until it looked like the size. I did them in pretty colors, some I did tightly and some looser and more lacy like.

if that helps at all!

...how about a pretty garter? It would take less time than a doily and is very special for the day.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84392&highlight=garter

or

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80752&highlight=garter

I also appreciated the two beautiful handkerchiefs that lovely C'Ville ladies sent me for my wedding day. If you edged one in blue she'd have her 'something blue' for the day. These are small tokens that are very special mementos and all the more special if handmade.

My Son is getting married next July so I have been on a search for wedding items.

how bout this purse - it's free, it's called pineapples and pearls and I thought it was really pretty. Scroll down toward the bottom of the page. This is at free patterns.com and they have some really pretty wedding things there also.

Doilies - Try any of the Priscilla Hewitt doilies. They are all very user friendly.

Michaels web site has a Lily Sugar and Cream Stash Basket pattern for free that would be a welcome addition to any new house.

I like the kitchen stuff idea too. You can never have too many potholders or dishcloths. Back scrubbers, soap savers, Hanger covers for all that new lingerie she will need to hang in the closet.

Hope some of this helps,

LOL,

Toni

I am not sure if anyone else suggested this (for once, i didnt read every post 1st as i am headed out the door - but saw your name and pleading and had to respond PDQ!!! LOL!! - ANYTHING for Jobug!!!)

how about a filet of their name or wedding details and name?

another viller gifted me one (yesterday actually) that has my dd's name and hearts all around it - I cried and cried - it is still bringing tears to my eyes as i write this!!

Hi Sweetie!

Since they are being married in November, Christmas won't be far behind. I love the idea of small coaster size doilies in Christmas colors. They'd be beautiful, decorative, useful, plus made by YOU! Who else would have such a type of doily that can be used and enjoyed, and shown off while entertaining?

I am not sure if anyone else suggested this (for once, i didnt read every post 1st as i am headed out the door - but saw your name and pleading and had to respond PDQ!!! LOL!! - ANYTHING for Jobug!!!)

how about a filet of their name or wedding details and name?

another viller gifted me one (yesterday actually) that has my dd's name and hearts all around it - I cried and cried - it is still bringing tears to my eyes as i write this!!

I think this is an awesome idea and I'm sure she would love and cherish it!!! :yes

Archived