I really don't want to be making this pattern CAL

dilyca2006

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Welcome!!! Happy to have you.

Thanks for the compliment. I love making things to give away and I enjoy the challange of the graph ghans.

hey everyone! i hope its not to late to join this being as ive apparently gotten myself into a rather large mess. :hook

see i have to complete 2 queen sized blankets by december 15th for my brother and sister in law :eek (the misfits things in my sig) and well as simple as these blankets are going to be i just cant seem to get moving! i really am just bored with the whole idea but cant back out now...

here is what i have so far! (i havent started the black and green one yet) i hope that you gals can keep me motivated :clap my goal is to finnish the pink and black one by october 27th... lets see if i can make it happen :lol

Photo-0005-1.jpg

well thats it... thanks for looking! :yay

PS dilyca2006, your work is amazing! i wish i had the patients to do such beautiful patterns! :hug

Join the club Melinda! we always can use another. I'm not done with my current "I don't wanna be making it" :D we're not all as fast as Diane, :lol

Diane, your 'ghans are incredible! I am so impressed. I don't know if I'll ever have that kind of patience for 'ghan making :P

Thank you!! I'm fast because I don't do anything else!!!!!!!LOL

Hey Everyone!!! I'm getting a few minutes at the computer!!!

Melinda,,I really like the black and pink,,

Diane, Your ghans are amazing!! Makes me want to do one,, After Xmas.

I'm doing the ribbing on the spiderman now,, it's pretty clumsy going but it's going.

I started a pencil scarf,,that I'm wanting to work on instead of the afghan,,,Bad me:hook:D:hook

Check out my siggy for the ghans I've done.

k, gotta scoot!! One more week,, no buck yet:(

Hey Everyone!!! I'm getting a few minutes at the computer!!!

Melinda,,I really like the black and pink,,

Diane, Your ghans are amazing!! Makes me want to do one,, After Xmas.

I'm doing the ribbing on the spiderman now,, it's pretty clumsy going but it's going.

I started a pencil scarf,,that I'm wanting to work on instead of the afghan,,,Bad me:hook:D:hook

Check out my siggy for the ghans I've done.

k, gotta scoot!! One more week,, no buck yet:(

Thank you and can't wait to see a pic of spiderman.

diane: thanks so much...

nss: i personally love black and pink too but this black is never ending! :lol i cant wait to see the spiderman and what is this pencil scarf you speak of? i have a soft spot for scarves of all kinds!

you know i just seem to be running into brick walls :bang the black and pink blanket... just so everyone knows... no dye lot does not mean no dye lot! :rant i now have 2 different color blacks and its making the blanket look trashy :( does anyone know what i could possibly do now? :think

diane: thanks so much...

nss: i personally love black and pink too but this black is never ending! :lol i cant wait to see the spiderman and what is this pencil scarf you speak of? i have a soft spot for scarves of all kinds!

Melinda, I know all that black is a pain,, KEEP :hook'in:yes And Dye lot issues,,no fair:(

Here's the link to the Pencil Scarf

It was quick,fun and a stash buster,to boot!!

now back to spiderman:D for me

you know i just seem to be running into brick walls :bang the black and pink blanket... just so everyone knows... no dye lot does not mean no dye lot! :rant i now have 2 different color blacks and its making the blanket look trashy :( does anyone know what i could possibly do now? :think

I totally understand. The Batman blanket that I made, the blacks were not all the same. I had no idea how much I was going to need and had to go and get more. Same brand, different color black and not all the same texture or guage. From all of the white I have worked with lately. White is not always the same either.

Melinda, I know all that black is a pain,, KEEP :hook'in:yes And Dye lot issues,,no fair:(

Here's the link to the Pencil Scarf

It was quick,fun and a stash buster,to boot!!

now back to spiderman:D for me

I think I need to make that Pencil Scarf.

Okie dokie. I am now on the border of "'The Ohio State" afghan. I know not how I am going to finish the border, just that it is going to be gray then end with the scarlet.

i cant wait to see it when its all done!

yeah, but I wanna see a pic from the OTHER side!! to see all the ends hubby will be a'tuckin!!!

(oh yeah..and WAY TO GO!!!)

I can do that. I almost did last night when I took this pic.

OH.. And, Thanks!!!!!!LOL

Well, I made it. The crocheted part that is. I finished it at work Monday. Now I need to go shopping for a slip to line it (and stitch that in place) and cut some elastic to go in the waistband...slip elastic will simply not do!

Anyway, here are some pix, pre-finishing :P

52912dca.jpg

folded in half to better show the length

0807077d.jpg

full width and length, though it is propped up along the back of my sofa. It does stretch in length a bit when it's hanging. When I hold it up, it's about mid-calf on me. (It's not for me, though, I made mine some time ago, and am attempting to adapt the pattern for larger (1-3x)...this "test" will be for a special lady in my church)

It is very pretty. Let us know how she likes it!!!

Diane

Well, I made it. The crocheted part that is. I finished it at work Monday. Now I need to go shopping for a slip to line it (and stitch that in place) and cut some elastic to go in the waistband...slip elastic will simply not do!

Anyway, here are some pix, pre-finishing :P

52912dca.jpg

folded in half to better show the length

0807077d.jpg

full width and length, though it is propped up along the back of my sofa. It does stretch in length a bit when it's hanging. When I hold it up, it's about mid-calf on me. (It's not for me, though, I made mine some time ago, and am attempting to adapt the pattern for larger (1-3x)...this "test" will be for a special lady in my church)

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. 'fraid we'll have to wait on how she likes it...her b-day isn't till Feb. (she did like the one I made for myself...)But I started this thing and hid it in a corner back in April. :P Found a slip today, so one of these days/evenings when I'm back up to sewing with black on black, I can sew that in place and slip some elastic in the casing/waistband. And wrap it.

Now to finish DD's sweater (one sleeve needs a cuff, the other sleeve hasn't been started):)

I am so glad that with each others encouragement we are tackling these jobs that we were having a difficult time making ourselves work on!!!

I am sure she will be very happy with it. It looks beautiful from the pic.

I am on the last two rounds of the border. I have put it down for the day so that I can get a couple of exchange squares done and get them sent as I am almost late with them.

My next project that I really don't want to be doing, is the border of a baby blanket that I started earlier this summer. Bunch of picot's in the border and I am not a fan of making them. I should have read the pattern batter before I started it!!!LOL

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. 'fraid we'll have to wait on how she likes it...her b-day isn't till Feb. (she did like the one I made for myself...)But I started this thing and hid it in a corner back in April. :P Found a slip today, so one of these days/evenings when I'm back up to sewing with black on black, I can sew that in place and slip some elastic in the casing/waistband. And wrap it.

Now to finish DD's sweater (one sleeve needs a cuff, the other sleeve hasn't been started):)

Woo Hoo!!! I have my part of "The Ohio State" afghan done!! As soon as the grass dries a bit I will lay it out and take pix of both the front and the back (hubby is almost ready to start tuckin ends!!!LOL) Oh. I still need to wash, dry and box it up, but, it is almost out of my house!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo,Diane!!! That is just awsome!!!

Now hubby can kick back,feet up;watch football this weekend and do tails,,Talk about teamwork:yes

So you started this CAL Aug 27th,, pretty darn good,girl:cheer

Momcrochets--gee,that skirt is just beautiful. What a nice gift!

Can you hold out till Feb to give it to her??? :thinkI could never hold out that long.

Cliffnote--you're making good progress--keep :crocheting

My spiderman afghan is done now,, and 2 pencil scarves. Pictures next week,no way to load them here.

I think next I'm gonna try that 3 color spiral afghan ,, Tia did one over in the scrap afghan cal.

That's an awesome 'ghan Dianne...and huge! WTG!!:cheer. Looks like DH is going to earn his keep this weekend :lol

nss...I HOPE I can keep it till then. :P And not lose it. I've got some Christmas gifts to start on. speaking of which

I did make that one for me which I finished last fall...P1010598-1.jpg which really got a bit long. (oops) I'm standing "funny" to show that it does flare out a bit, in the picture. I actually made two then, and one that I dyed, I didn't like the color very well, and it's too long. so now I'm going to dye over it to a darker shade for my sister (who loves burgundies etc) and is somewhat taller than me, and send that to her for Christmas.

Tonight, I have to behave, stop making my diamond-st slipper socks (my thumb will thank me for not working so tight, anyway) and finish DD's sweater. :blush

Must be time for some more short term projects.:P

Thanks guys. It is huge. I need to measure it so I know for sure how big.

I like the thought of him sitting under it watching football and tucking ends!! If only we were going to be home over this weekend!!!LOL

Momcrochet. The skirt in the photo is really pretty.

Thanks Dianne. DD's sweater has 1/2 a sleeve to go. I did finish off the first one, and then I decided the sweater was too short in the waist, so I frogged a couple rounds of sc (Boucle yarn no less!:eek) and added a bit of length. we were up late watching the debate so I got half a sleeve done.:P (My kids are both long-waisted. They outgrow shirts the fastest, and always at the waist it seems!So a few extra inches of length couldn't hurt)

btw,How's the picot baby blanket border coming? I had a doily once with tons of picots...by the time I got done, I had learned to get along with them:P they do look nice when they're done, thankfully :yes

nss, can't wait to see your FO's :yay

Archived