I really don't want to be making this pattern CAL

dilyca2006

Oh. I afghan is for a gal in Ohio that my husband chats with in the football chat room from time to time. She is always sending us little things. Just recently she sent a couple of note pads and pencils. She sells Longenberger (sp) baskets and she always sends stuff with their logo on it. She also donates each year to our Walk to D'Feat ALS that we are part of.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 more rows last night!! I am almost out of all of the lettering. Just the last couple of rows of the big S left for lettering.

look at you go,now!!! 10 rows in one night is awsome!!!

:clapYou gotta be jazzed :yay Your friend WILL be heard from Ohio:lol

Keep up the good work,,, It will be a great day when you can cut off all those black lettering strands,,, :yes

Hopefully tonight!!! It goes so much quicker when there are fewer color changes to make!!!!!LOL

I am hopeing by this time next week I can be done with this one and on to another one that I don't want to be doing that is really close to being done!!!LOL

Hopefully tonight!!! It goes so much quicker when there are fewer color changes to make!!!!!LOL

I am hopeing by this time next week I can be done with this one and on to another one that I don't want to be doing that is really close to being done!!!LOL

Can't wait to see an update,Diane!!! Man,,done by next week would be awsome!! Are you doing the tails as you go???

I'm doing the reverse sc (last round) on my spiral afghan now, :clap Then the tails,,pesky,,,didn't do them as I went so now I gotta pay :(

I am not so sure that I will be done by next week now Nancy. I did not get to work on it last night.

Nope. Not tucking in ends as I go. I have learned from experience that the best way for me to not pull out my hair is to do this. However, I told DH when I started making this that since I had to put aside some things that I really wanted to do (his Steelers afghan that he does not know about) to do this afghan that he is responsible for the tucking of ends. He knows how. Last year when I made 4 different graph ghans for our 4 boys I did not tuck as I went and he saved my sanity by helping me to get ends tucked so that the afghans would be done by Christmas. I have done a few. And I will help him some. But, these are his ends if he wants her to get it by Christmas let alone Nov. 22nd!!!LOL

LOL!!!!!!!! :yes I think in this case that is the only way to solve that issue!!!!!!:lol:D

Diane,,

:woo:day:laughroll

:2rock:rofl:2rock

Did I get 'em all??

I like your style!!!

:DWay to solve that little issue

Good hubby!!!:king

Good job. Can't wait to see pix.

I have two rows to go and I can cut off the black. It goes much quicker the fewer strands I have to drop and pick up.

well, I got 3 more rounds done....so I'm 5 pineapples high (and its about 25 pineapples around :eek). After I take it to work Monday, I'll take a WIP-picture :P

K, this is done,,with some silly errors on my part,,but it's ok.

p><p>Diane,,I

Momcrochets--you're movin' right along!!! :cheer Can't wait to see picts.

EEE_Mom--wow that's awsome!!! Is clusters & shells the exact name for that?What book is it in??? love the color you chose,,,,,good work

Starting Thursday I'm gonna be out of town for 2 weeks:eek gonna miss y'all

EEE_Mom--wow that's awsome!!! Is clusters & shells the exact name for that?What book is it in??? love the color you chose,,,,,good work

nss, thank you.:manyheart

The pattern is called Clusters & Shells and it is in LA book "Snuggle Squares"

I like this one, but I did one for a friend's baby in soft red heart in pink and OOOHHHH that one was nice

The soft yarn gives it a beautiful drape. This one's kinda stiff, but then again I have not washed it yet :yarn

Well, I got at least a week's worth done Monday (It was super quiet at work). Anyway, I made to the point of a decrease round (er 5/6 rounds to complete the decrease) and it has 7 rounds of completed pineapples. Before, the rounds were average 30 minutes...now they should go a bit faster...either way, the length usually starts to show more quickly at this point. Maybe b/c the weight of the garment starts to exert itself :P Phew

Here's the WIP:

acf27671.jpg

Here's a close-up:

c6fbf6e8.jpg

that blue thing is my little 3.75mm hook in the corner :D

note to self: crocheting in black is hard on the eyes :lol

Ohh.. I really like that. It is gonna be really pretty when it is done. I think I am going to be able to get more done on The Ohio State afghan today at some point in time!!!

Well, I got at least a week's worth done Monday (It was super quiet at work). Anyway, I made to the point of a decrease round (er 5/6 rounds to complete the decrease) and it has 7 rounds of completed pineapples. Before, the rounds were average 30 minutes...now they should go a bit faster...either way, the length usually starts to show more quickly at this point. Maybe b/c the weight of the garment starts to exert itself :P Phew

Here's the WIP:

acf27671.jpg

Here's a close-up:

c6fbf6e8.jpg

that blue thing is my little 3.75mm hook in the corner :D

note to self: crocheting in black is hard on the eyes :lol

Thanks for the info on that pattern EEE_Mom,,It's a beaut!!

MomCrochets,,wow,is that pretty!!! Black isn't your friend,,till it's done:)

I started a spiderman afghan last night,,but I sure don't want to make it as big as it's saying. It sould work if I just don't do as many rounds for each color block,,,shouldn't it??:think I know I don't want to mess with almost 5'. :blush

I totally understand that. For Christmas last year I made one of our boys a Batman graph ghan. It was black except for the outline which was red with a little white and a little gray. It was killer, I could only work on it when it was a very bright day and I had all the lights on.

Thanks nss and Diane. I know it will look good when it's done, but oy, the eyes! :lol

As I am getting closer I am getting more excited!!LOL Still a bunch of ends to tuck, but, you know who is supposed to be doing those!LOL

Hopefully I can get to the point today where both the big red O and the gray that goes around it will be done. Then there are 10 rows of white, 10 rows or so of red more white, some black, more white, and then border!! I am on the home stretch with this I think!!!!LOL

Archived