I really don't want to be making this pattern CAL

dilyca2006

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh I saaw this topic and laughed. I hve this tree skirt that I started making YEARS ago, like maybe 7 years. It has a train with santa, elves and lots of other things on it. Well I finished the skirt, santa, the engine, a few of the pieces to the other trains, and a few of the other objects for the train and I had had it. I couldn't do any more. I've used the tree skirt, but it keeps nagging me to finish it.

Maybe I will do it for this Christmas!!!

Denise

Denise.

Jump right on in.

I have gotten the little pink picot baby afghan done and need to post a pic.

Now. I need to finish a granny round ripple that has lots of tiny granny squares around the border that I am not looking forward to doing!!!LOL

I think that at this house there will always be something that I don't want to be making or finishing!!!LOL

It wasn't that I didn't want to make this blanket. It was the border!LOL I wanted to make this so bad because it was a beautiful pattern, I didn't even have anyone to give it to when I started it!!LOL When I got to all the picots on that border though. I so didn't want to finish it because of the picots. Once I really got into it and just started to make them it wasn't so bad!LOL

That is beautiful Diane! I'm so glad you were able to get through all the picots :) I STILL have to sew in the slip for the black skirt. (black skirt, black slip, black thread...eeek. it's sunny this afternoon, maybe I should be doing that instead of being on here) I still have to figure out where the end is on the edging for that one cardy too...it needs to come off, but I think I did the bottom and the neckline all in one, so I'm not looking forward to frogging all of that just to get the bottom edge off! and then to put the front edge back on. But I really ought to wear it at least once. :P

I think tonight is going to be a threadie night...after we get back from "trunk treats" (Like trick or treating, but all at one place, out of trunks of cars...in this case, DS's best friends church. last week they came to our church for pumpkin painting)

Congrats again on finishing that lovely blankie :cheer:manyheart

How was Trunk Treats?? We don't do any of that trick or treating stuff any more. Just no interest in it here. We are also in a spot where we never get any kids. I think that we had one kid a dozen years ago or so and he was the little guy from next door!!!LOL

I did get a little more done on the ghan I am making my sister in law. It is now one of those that I don't waht to make!!!!!!LOL

The kids enjoyed Trunk Treats. We went to DS's best friends church, and they have cars all lined up (trunk end out) with the people ready to hand out candy/treats, and inside they had a kind of meal (hotdog, drink, chips...and a bag of cotton candy you could take out with you, too). We all enjoyed it. Funny thing was, about a week earlier, DS's best friend's family came to our church for Pumpkin Paint, with that, and a story, and applejuice with donut hole snack....so we shared/traded events. it was neat.

The weather's decent. I'll have to try to get a good picture of that skirt today. Maybe get it posted tomorrow finally. (I also have to get the pattern ready to submit to the CPAD:P)

Yippee. got my photos done, and uploaded. The black one is the one I've been doing in this CAL. The other one is kind-of a light burgundy wine color...I'm giving it to my sister for Christmas this year. (the story behind all of that is that I designed this skirt, made a second to test it (and b/c the first seemed to grow too much). Stuck the first one in a closet and forgot about it until this fall. So I took the cotton one that I had dyed a peachy-pink, and overdyed it with red and a TOUCH of black. My sister HATES pink, but I think she'll like this color. The black one is actually a 2x (hard to tell in the picture). so I think I've sufficiently worked the pattern to have two sizes, though what to call them, I don't know. one will fit the 1-3x, and the other should fit anyone smaller.)

PB051064.jpg

and

PB051067.jpg

So, what do you think? did they turn out okay? :)

Here's a question for you. Can you help me name this skirt? Something nicer than Pineapple skirt. :P And what should I call the two "one-size's" B/c it can be made to fit 1-3x and also the other size which should fit anyone smaller than that..TIA

PS, I intend to submit them to the CPAD

Yippee. got my photos done, and uploaded. The black one is the one I've been doing in this CAL. The other one is kind-of a light burgundy wine color...I'm giving it to my sister for Christmas this year. (the story behind all of that is that I designed this skirt, made a second to test it (and b/c the first seemed to grow too much). Stuck the first one in a closet and forgot about it until this fall. So I took the cotton one that I had dyed a peachy-pink, and overdyed it with red and a TOUCH of black. My sister HATES pink, but I think she'll like this color. The black one is actually a 2x (hard to tell in the picture). so I think I've sufficiently worked the pattern to have two sizes, though what to call them, I don't know. one will fit the 1-3x, and the other should fit anyone smaller.)

PB051064.jpg

and

PB051067.jpg

So, what do you think? did they turn out okay? :)

Here's a question for you. Can you help me name this skirt? Something nicer than Pineapple skirt. :P And what should I call the two "one-size's" B/c it can be made to fit 1-3x and also the other size which should fit anyone smaller than that..TIA

PS, I intend to submit them to the CPAD

Very pretty!!

since they are full of pineapples ^paradise skirt^ :lolsince always think of hawaii when I see a pineapple whole or in a can.

Thanks! I don't know why the black one insists on showing up sideways...I edited the picture and "replaced the original" and even stayed on the page (instead of clicking on a different tab while waiting) to make sure it saved!

hmmm, Paradise Skirt...I like that craziebunny.

Diane, how's your ghan coming that you don't want to be making? :P

I still haven't fixed the sweater I made last year. I think it depresses me. :P

I like "paradise skirt"also!!!

Well, my ghan I don't want to be doing now is not going well. I have no idea how many little squares I need to make and attach as I made the ghan with more rows then it said. I will take a pic of it tomorrow in the light and post it so you can see how it is going. the pattern called for an N hook with WW yarn. Of course, me thinking that could not possibly be right cause I have been doing this for a lot of years, decided to use a J hook instead. I should have used the N hook. Should have checked gauge with I don't ever do as I usually do ghans and don't care about guage!!!!!!!LOL Taught me a lesson.

Oooh I don't get along with afghans full of tiny squares...all that finishing! I don't blame you for not wanting to make it. especially with hook issues!

I had found an aol pattern for a baby grab ball, and I saved it, but not all the px for assembly. of course, now that I want to make it for my nephew, I realize it's an aol. :P So I don't even want to start it...but I think I will at least make an attempt at it. And I have a deadline, since it's for a Christmas gift that has to get mailed...I try to mail all my Christmas gifts by the end of November. :eek First I'm going to make some slipper socks for my mom. (going in the same package...my whole family except me and mine are going to be home at my parents house for Christmas :( On teh bright side, I only have one package to send. on the dark side, I won't be there, and the deadlines are looming)

I'd much rather be making the angel ornaments I created. :yes(and I'm making some for the ladies in my Bible study group)

Well. You will have to post a pic of the angel ornaments that you are doing. And the ball as well. I have confidence that you will be able to figure out how to assemble it.

I still need to get a pic of the round ripple with all the little squares taken. I am procrastinating on that also!!!!!!!LOL

I gave up on the ball, it didn't want to be made!:P So I went through the 2009 CPAD instead, and found a couple of ideas. My sis loves baby hats, so I found a cute bear hat, and bought some soft cotton yarn at HL (1.99 today) to make it with. I just posted the angels for testers today. 4 down, 8 to go. (at least I have till mid-dec with them)

and no yellow, so no slippers for Mum, but I do have some other lovely gifties for her, including a doily for her coffeetable.

I'm still procrastinating on fixing the sweater I made last year...the one with the edging I hate. (and at the rate I'm going, it might get to wait till Jan!) :eek

Poor Ball. Getting scrapped!!!!!LOL So. The angel patterns are your own?? What a gift to be able to develope these things in your head!! I can't do my own patterns, but, I can usually read others patterns!LOL

Oh.. And that poor sweater... Still sitting there wishing you would pick it up and finish it!!!LOL

Have a great day.

Yeah, I *almost* feel sorry for that sweater :P the angel grew out of finding an online pattern that wasn't turning out how I wanted.(the picture wasn't quite what I wanted either, but I thought I'd try...thinking that sometimes pictures don't always tell the story. silly me.) so I scrapped it completely and developed my own. But thanks. It did turn out rather well, I think. At least, it's more of what I had in mind and couldn't find anywhere.

(I don't feel sorry for the ball. It didn't want to be made, so it's its own fault :lol)

I REALLY have to get Christmas gifts done, and I promised a square too (as if I needed more on my plate:eek) What am I doing on here?!? :rofl

Goodness. You sure got a lot to do!!!

I got 9 more little squares added to the granny ripple that I don't want to do any longer. Only around 100 more left to do and then the final border. Still need to take a pic and post it.

I'm reading these posts and I have to laugh, but also join in. I'm just finishing up a girl's hoodie that has taken me longer than normal. I only began it because someone else wanted to make one and I said I'd go along with her; she asks me for advice. I started, she started, a few days later I've got the front and back done, and she's ripping out. I finished the hood, sewed the shoulders and put it aside; she abandoned her project completely. I've had to make the sleeves to finish up and sew them on and the sides, and I've procastinated quite enough. Today, I finished the sleeves. As I see it, I have absolutely no love for this project. I figured I'd give it to my niece, but it may not fit my niece. If not, I'll give it to my friend who abandoned the project so she can give it to her granddaughter. It wasn't difficult to make, but once she dropped her's, I was too far into it to drop mine...so, I join y'all in the quest to finish this item I didn't want to make in the first place. Oh, I had just enough yarn to complete the sleeves. I have to go to my stash for a similar color in order to sew up the seams~!

Archived