I really don't want to be making this pattern CAL

dilyca2006

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I'm done! I know it's not perfect by any means but my Starghan is done. I love dogs and our local shelters has been asking for blankets so I'm donating this for some fur baby to cuddle up on. Here's my picture and please don't laugh as it was my first attempt at a Starghan and it just didn't want to behave and lay down nicely. :think

starghan-300x202.jpg

no laughing!!! It is very pretty. You did a great job on it. I have only made one myself and I could not get it to lay down very well myself!! I believe that as you make more you will get them to lay down better.

K, here's what I've been up to,,almost a month now

It's just right at half way. 70 rows.

Marilyn1-13-09.jpg[/img]

She's not getting as long as fast as I was thinking she would,,

The DH is saying we need to think of a way to make her (Marilyn Monroe) mole raised. :think

This is an extended sc which is working out way better than just a sc for these graph ghans,,, I think.

Everyone is making the cute scarves and hats right now,,,

I wanna play:hook so I NEED to keep going on this.

RecycleCindy--your starghan is great!!!

Jump on in!!!!!

post progress as you go and even if I don't have anything going I will come on and cheer you on!!!

This sounds interesting. I need to learn that linked stitch. I have seen many talk about it, but, have not tried it myself.

It's not hard at all, I was kinda surprised when I tried it.

I look forward to seeing the truck pillows (and the linked dc st) and the new 'ghans. You're cutting time, 'stina, that's gotta help a bit at least!! :D

:blush I kinda got so fed up with that pattern... I ended up making a loose stitch for the first one and am now going to line it. I think I have one finished!

Okay I'm done! I know it's not perfect by any means but my Starghan is done. I love dogs and our local shelters has been asking for blankets so I'm donating this for some fur baby to cuddle up on. Here's my picture and please don't laugh as it was my first attempt at a Starghan and it just didn't want to behave and lay down nicely. :think

I think it's lovely! I've never made a starghan, though I've done RR... I like.

The DH is saying we need to think of a way to make her (Marilyn Monroe) mole raised. :think

This is an extended sc which is working out way better than just a sc for these graph ghans,,, I think.

I missed your first post, what/who is it going to be a picture of? So far it looks amazing!

It's looking good.

I always have something else going on as well as an afghan even when I am making graph ghans. If I don't they drive me nuts!!!! I would make the mole a different color is you could, that would make it stand out.

Marilyn1-13-09.jpg[/img]

RecycleCindy--your starghan is great!!!

christinanthemum--She's Marilyn Monroe,, headless:blush

dilyca2006--different color for the mole,,,hummmmm Interesting Idea,,thanks

I don't dare start anything else,,, For me it just puts off what I'm hoping to get done,,,, At least mine is 2 colors,, your's was amazing:yes

I did make a quick adult cap for my neice,,she begged real cute:lol

I need to take the time to figure out how to do the quotes like you girls are.

Have been reading the Cal and looking at all the great projects...and the progress. Nss your Marilyn Monroe is great....cant wait to see it when it's finished :yes Did you create the graph ??? I've never done a graphgan before, but always open to trying different things............ especially when the articles are posted and look so great !!!

Good luck finishing.............

I love graph ghans. I have made several and I have many more patterns to pull out and make when the time comes. thanks for the compliment.

It took quite a while for me to get be able to get several quotes in the same page. I will try to help. See down at the bottom of the box when someone posts. There is a link that says "quote" and then there is one next to it with the quotation marks and a plus sign. If you want to use more then one quote in your reply click on the link with the quotation marks and plus sign till you have everyone that you want. On the last one just click on the "quote" link and they should all come up for you. Then, you can reply between each one.

christinanthemum--She's Marilyn Monroe,, headless:blush

dilyca2006--different color for the mole,,,hummmmm Interesting Idea,,thanks

I don't dare start anything else,,, For me it just puts off what I'm hoping to get done,,,, At least mine is 2 colors,, your's was amazing:yes

I did make a quick adult cap for my neice,,she begged real cute:lol

I need to take the time to figure out how to do the quotes like you girls are.

I love graph ghans. I have made several and I have many more patterns to pull out and make when the time comes. thanks for the compliment.

It took quite a while for me to get be able to get several quotes in the same page. I will try to help. See down at the bottom of the box when someone posts. There is a link that says "quote" and then there is one next to it with the quotation marks and a plus sign. If you want to use more then one quote in your reply click on the link with the quotation marks and plus sign till you have everyone that you want. On the last one just click on the "quote" link and they should all come up for you. Then, you can reply between each one.

Oh,,cool ,,THANK SO MUCH dilyca2006

Have been reading the Cal and looking at all the great projects...and the progress. Nss your Marilyn Monroe is great....cant wait to see it when it's finished :yes Did you create the graph ??? I've never done a graphgan before, but always open to trying different things............ especially when the articles are posted and look so great !!!

Good luck finishing.............

Cissy,,thanks,, I'll finish it for sure,, with enough whining:lol I found the graph online.

Thank you everyone who posted kind words about my starghan. Yes, the best part is that it's done and I'm sure some fur baby will love it!

I'm here now to cheer all the rest of you on like you did for me. Keep up the work on all your projects and keep posting that progress as you are getting closer and closer to being done. :cheer

nns, don't worry, it took me a while to figure out the quotes thing...

and I love your Marilyn so far! maybe she's better headless....?? lol

I am going to have to search for the instructions on the linked stitch again. I had it saved on our other computer but did not get all of my fav's transfered over.

I'd try to explain it to you, but w/out pics I can't do it...

This site explains it decently, but no pictures...

http://melangeagora.com/crocraft/faq/stitches.html#linkdc

And I've finished the truck pillows! *cheers for me*

It wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated, though lining anything at all is a pain in the rear (imho). There's a reason I crochet and don't sew.

Both pillows

Close-up of front

I used what is called the... Lacey Scallops in the Crochet Stitch Bible

Back that stretches over the headrest...

Simple dc, ch 1, dc around... elastic at the bottom w/a sc to keep it tight.

If I can, when I give it to my MiL I'll take a pic of it actually in the truck...

*sigh*

I like the truck pillows!! and thanks for the link to the linked stitch. I am sure right now that I have seen it before but I am going to keep this link and work with it on my next scarf I think.

And I've finished the truck pillows! *cheers for me*

It wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated, though lining anything at all is a pain in the rear (imho). There's a reason I crochet and don't sew.

Both pillows

Close-up of front

I used what is called the... Lacey Scallops in the Crochet Stitch Bible

Back that stretches over the headrest...

Simple dc, ch 1, dc around... elastic at the bottom w/a sc to keep it tight.

If I can, when I give it to my MiL I'll take a pic of it actually in the truck...

*sigh*

:cheer Yahoo for finishing the truck pillows. :cheer

Well. cause of doc appointments and grocery store visits I still have not worked on that granny. I don't even know if it remembers my name so that it can call me.

I hear that Granny calling ... Diannnnnnnne....

Archived