I really don't want to be making this pattern CAL

dilyca2006

I think I did see your post about that.

Glad you are joining with this afghan.

I really need to get my Granny ghan back out as well. Hopefully in a few days I can get back on it again.

Hi Diane!

Maybe we can motivate each other. I just had to tear back to round 9 again as this just doesn't want to lay down flat. Using the H hook apparently isn't going to work either. So I have added an additional stitch now to both sides of the points and it seems to be working. Keep your fingers crossed for me, okay?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that we can.

On the Granny one that I am doing I am in the midst of 120 or so (I think it is about that many, I have forgotten what I counted I need to do) of small squares that go around the border of this pattern. Pick here. I was really excited about this afghan when I started it, but, I messed up with it and I am not real excited about finishing it now.

I made a starghan once and I think that someone suggested an extra stitch here and there to make it lie flat.

Hope you had a good Christmas day.

Hi Diane!

Maybe we can motivate each other. I just had to tear back to round 9 again as this just doesn't want to lay down flat. Using the H hook apparently isn't going to work either. So I have added an additional stitch now to both sides of the points and it seems to be working. Keep your fingers crossed for me, okay?

Afghans... Wow.. I have made two. Hehe. I need projects a LITTLE bit quicker, but they are fun when you're done. And if you're not tired of them. ;)

Good luck!

I think that we can.

On the Granny one that I am doing I am in the midst of 120 or so (I think it is about that many, I have forgotten what I counted I need to do) of small squares that go around the border of this pattern. Pick here. I was really excited about this afghan when I started it, but, I messed up with it and I am not real excited about finishing it now.

I made a starghan once and I think that someone suggested an extra stitch here and there to make it lie flat.

Hope you had a good Christmas day.

Your granny ripple is beautiful. I love the border but boy it looks like a lot of work. Good news to report on my starghan. I am adding an extra stitch on both side of the points and it's working. The starghan is behaving and laying down pretty nicely now so onward I go.

Afghans... Wow.. I have made two. Hehe. I need projects a LITTLE bit quicker, but they are fun when you're done. And if you're not tired of them. ;)

Good luck!

This is why I have to have more then one thing going at a time cause I get tired of them!!!!

Your granny ripple is beautiful. I love the border but boy it looks like a lot of work. Good news to report on my starghan. I am adding an extra stitch on both side of the points and it's working. The starghan is behaving and laying down pretty nicely now so onward I go.

It was so much fun getting it going. What I did, and I would be done if I had not been so arragont (sp) :eek The pattern called for an N hook. And I, being that I know all, (yea. right!!!!!) :lolthought it was wrong and didn't do a guage test and used a J hook instead!!!! I will make sure that I do a guage with the hook called from from now on. I had to do an extra section of each color to get to the size it said it would be so now there are lots extra little squares!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm baaack. Sorta. I finished my shawl-cardy, so now when I go to work tomorrow, I get to keep my promise to that poor, sad neglected sweater and try to fix it up. It's the big thing in my project bag, and I imagine it will take a while. Then I think I'm caught up on "don't wanna's" for a while again. Hopefully for a long time, though you never know which one you start and like, becomes one you get sick of fastest :D

WB and congrats on the shawl-cardi being done.

Poor sweater will be so happy when you pick it up again.

It is so true. Something that you can be so excited about starting and want to work on so bad can really get tireing after a time!!!!!!!!:think

I'm baaack. Sorta. I finished my shawl-cardy, so now when I go to work tomorrow, I get to keep my promise to that poor, sad neglected sweater and try to fix it up. It's the big thing in my project bag, and I imagine it will take a while. Then I think I'm caught up on "don't wanna's" for a while again. Hopefully for a long time, though you never know which one you start and like, becomes one you get sick of fastest :D

Well, I did it. I got that poor sweater fixed before 2008 ended. The last Saturday before 2009 even (the 27th). I didn't get pictures that fast though:blush After hiding in a corner for the better part of a year, it sadly needed a good washing. So now it's fixed and clean, and I am caught up, with no current projects I don't feel like doing.:) (I am waiting for yarn to come in for a gift-to-make though)

P1011216.jpg

Woo Hoo!!! It is beautiful.

I just finished an afghan today that I was struggling with a bit. Still not the granny one. that one is still tucked away calling my name!!!!

I don't have a good pic of the one I just got done so I will post a picture later.

That sweater is very pretty!!!!!!!!!

K,,getting back into this "don't wanna do it" cal

Look what I've gotten myself into

12-18StartMarilyn.jpg[/img]

I'm 30 rows in and have 110 rows to go :eek

Gonna need the whip,,dilyca2006:lol

Momcrochets--your sweater is so pretty!!!

Yipes nss! That looks like a biggie! We'll be here to :cheer you on :)

Congrats on finishing a 'ghan Diane...can't wait to see it.

And thanks for the compliments on the sweater. It did come out nice after all. and I finished 08 on a positive note, by getting that done :D

I'm still struggling along with my starghan which continues not to lay down. I got to the point that I don't care. I'm going to finish a small starghan even if I have to donate it to the animal shelter. :eek I'm sure the dogs won't care if the middle is puckered.

I have never been able to get a starghan to lay flat. I have gotten to the point where I just give up on trying.

Still have not picked up the granny ghan again and like mom's sweater used to do, it is sitting in a bin calling my name.

I would like to join this one too! I am making a blanket for dh and I hate it because it is such slow progress, but I feel bad because I am always crochet things for my sisters and I haven't made him anything except a beanie and a really poor amigurumi when I first started crocheting :blush

Anyway the reason I have the pattern is two fold

1. It uses dk yarn and is worked on a 4mm hook

2. It is sc squares

This makes for very slow progress. Each square takes about 2 hours!!!! :eek and I have to make 42! Anyway I made one square about 1 month ago and hadn't looked at it since, but the title of this post inspired me to go back to it so I crocheted one square tonight and thought ...this isn't so bad... then I completed another square and realised I had missed one row and will have to rip it out :angry Probably having a few beers and watching tv didn't help ! Anyway I will try and complete at least one square per week and register it on here.

Jump on in. 2 hours on a square and needing 42!! I am not sure what size 4mm is. I usually just go by Letters, G, H, I, J!!! Will have to look at my hooks and see if there is a MM size on any of them.

I have not posted in a while cause I am not working anything I don't want to right now. Will in a few days though I think.

I'm interested... I'm making a pattern up as I go, it's truck pillows that go over the head rest for a 4-door dodge pick-up.

Reason I don't want to do it... I hate tedious projects that use only one color and one stitch the entire time. He wanted simple black, and the stitches for the main part have to be close together enough so the stuffing won't come out. While I get to try a new stitch (linked dc) it's already tedious and I'm only on the 6th round of the pillow part. Hopefully the part that hooks to the head rest will be more interesting.....

I can't post a lot, but mind if I join for the support?

Jump on in!!!!!

post progress as you go and even if I don't have anything going I will come on and cheer you on!!!

This sounds interesting. I need to learn that linked stitch. I have seen many talk about it, but, have not tried it myself.

Some neat new patterns jumping in! cool. 4mm is often a G hook. sometimes not, as G is not a very consistent one around here. sometimes 4mm is an F hook. Depends on the maker or origin of the hook I guess. HTH

I look forward to seeing the truck pillows (and the linked dc st) and the new 'ghans. You're cutting time, 'stina, that's gotta help a bit at least!! :D

Archived