Comfortghan needed for 7yr old girl with brain surgery

Ashley's Mom

My niece was sent HOME finally and doing well! She called me with my, brothers help, tonight. It was so awesome to hear from her and that she is doing well. She says that she still gets sick ,and did 3 times today, but she was glad to be home. She couldn't stop talking about Hannah Montana and getting a new bike. She has alot of staples and will for 6 weeks or so. She does sleep alot from her medicine, but says she isn't in any pain. It was the best news to recieve after working two 12hr shifts in a row. I was so excited I had a second wind and started working on her blanket when I should have been going to bed! LOL

I want to thank Scoobydoo, Dorothysgirls,Shelleden, and craftykitten for sending me the beautiful squares, hats and snuggly. Your generosity and wonderful talent is deeply appreciated. I am working on the center of my nieces ghan, and connecting and squares. I have the next 2 days off work and hope to get lots done. I do have a digital camera and want to share pictures before mailing out the completed ghans. I am so grateful for the wonderful ladies I have found on the Ville, and plan to return the generosity whenever I can to others in need. Thank all of you, for your prayers and kind words. I will keep updating on progress and packages I recieve as well as pictures.

Bless you all.. :manyheart

I'm so happy to hear the good news. Please tell me they bought her a new helmet to go with that new bike! ;) I can't wait to see pics of her with all her goodies. I hope she liked the Blankie Buddy. She was my inspiration for a new design! I plan to make more, with different animals, and write the patterns. :hook Give her a big hug for us! :hug

You are so very welcome!! Glad to hear the great news about your niece!! Also, glad to hear that my package to you made it!!!! :cheer:clap Can't wait to see the pics of all her goodies once you get everything done :).:hug:manyheart

I am still trying to get it all done, although I have been swamped at work since we are two people short. I don't ususally have to work so many days in a row, but I work as a residental instructor for persons with developmental disabilities and it is so hard to not came in when you are called. All I can think is if I don't go in they won't have the help and supports they need. So this weekend I am off and plan to complete my nieces so I can get started on my brothers:cheer Wish me luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I sent two hats out. Hopefully they will get to you soon, I hope she likes them and they fit. Didn't have a seven year old to try it on,lol, just a seven year old boy neighbor who would have REFUSED to try this hat on for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Was this comfortghan finished? Pictures posted anywhere? I wonder if the little girl liked the hats and Blankie Buddy I sent (and the things other people sent)?? :think Never heard anything.... I wonder how she's doing now...I pray all is well now. :hug

Was this comfortghan finished? Pictures posted anywhere? I wonder if the little girl liked the hats and Blankie Buddy I sent (and the things other people sent)?? :think Never heard anything.... I wonder how she's doing now...I pray all is well now. :hug

:think I haven't heard or seen anything else about this either. I hope the little girl is ok and nothing else happened. I have wondered about this also, as I sent hats and squares. I too hope all is well and hope that they liked the things that were sent to them. Maybe we will hear something in regards to this.

She responded quickly and said that the little girl is healing well with no problems and she loves her afghan and especially her sponge bob hat she recieved. I asked her if she has a picture of the afghan that we would love to see it. We will see what happens.

Archived