Comfortghan needed for 7yr old girl with brain surgery

Ashley's Mom

I recieved a terribly shocking call today from my brother. His daughter crashed on her bike and was airflown to the University Hopsital in Iowa to have emergency surgery for a fractured skull. It is a very heart wretching time for their family to go through. I would like to ask for your talented assistance in assembling squares to make a few comfortghans. I am planning on starting tonight. I know my brother is a huge fan of the Cubs and my niece loves bright colors. I was thinking on the lines of whip stitching the squares together. I'm not a very fast crocheter so making one ghan would take a few weeks I'm sure, so any help will be apprciated greatly, but mostly your prayers for my niece to make a complete and speedy recovery. Thank you all:hug

Another Ville member pointed out I needed to add specifics on size and color. Please, see post #4. Also I would appreciate any light weight girly hats as I realized they shaved her hair to do this surgery and it may be a blow to her self esteem to have her long pretty hair gone. Thank you all again for the kindness and prayers she has a long road ahead of her.

What size squares are you wanting? And I am not sure what the colors are for the cubs :lol. Also when would you like to have these squares by, as I would be willing to help you out with a couple of squares.

What size squares are you wanting? And I am not sure what the colors are for the cubs :lol. Also when would you like to have these squares by, as I would be willing to help you out with a couple of squares.

Well I didn't think about those questions.. sorry for my lack of specifics I'm kind of walking in a daze today with all that has been going on. I think maybe 8 inch squares would work up fastest. It also didn't dawn on me to say the colors of his beloved cubs team are red, blue and white. They are the ones with a logo that has a royal blue background white a red C outlined in white if that makes since? I'm not a sports watcher so bare with me. Also I was thinking that my niece will probably have a need for hats since they shaved her long pretty hair to complete the surgery. I am off the next 3 days of work so hoping to have something in the mail to them by next week. We found out she will be in the hospital for quite awhile and I know she would love something to snuggle with and my brother will need something to cover with as he plans o staying right beside her during her stay.

Thank you so much for pointing out these details my mind is scattered.:blush

Not a problem at all and completely understandable. I will get some squares worked up for you and I will pm you for your addy and hopefully have them out in the mail to you by Wednesday. I hope all goes well for your niece. Will keep her, your brother and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Big :hug and lots of :manyheart for you and your family.

send me your address and I will get some squares out to you. your family is in my prayers

are you also asking for help to sew one of these together for you? I wasn't sure when reading your post

I'll PM you as soon as I get something ready to mail!

Bless your nieces little heart! She will be in our prayers!

:mug

My heart and prayers go out to your family. I will send something, and also, as a parent who as been thru this, if you need to talk to someone who's been there, I have some resources for your family. Please PM the address so I can mail some caps.

i already have a hat done for her and am working on some squares for the comfortghans, how many are you needing>i know you said 8 in squares but how big are you planning on making it sweetie that will help toknow also i need your addy to send the stuff probably thursday since tomorrow is wend and i am working on getting a couple more done for you. let us all know and we will help, anyone who needs help all ya got to do is ask and we will be here to listen cry with send things ya need ya know like the family we are. for those who choose to not feel that way is of course your choice but alot of others just like me feel diff and will do what we can prayers are being said also for the little angel. god bless all of you:angel:angel:angel:angel:angel:angel:angel

First I want to say thank you again for everyones caring words and prayers, it means so much. Your support and encouraging words have helped me especially, deal with the uncertain thoughts and feelings I have been struggling with.

The best news arrived this morning in hearing they have taken out the draining tube from her head and that she was able to talk some for short periods of time. Possibly more but the pain medicine makes her very tired. My brother quoted what she said. " I want a Happy Meal" then after the chuckling from surrounding family she stated she was tired, which if you knew my neice is not typical. She is a night owl and hard to get to sleep because she never seems to want to miss anything. LOL

Hearing the news really makes me thankful for all the praying everyone has done.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my story, offer assistance, and mostly comforting words. :ty:ghug:heart

My prayer is with you and your family.

I will try to make some squares but because I work overnight I sleep all day and work all night. Even on my off days I sleep all day. I will do my best. Where to send the squares?

First I want to say thank you again for everyones caring words and prayers' date=' it means so much. Your support and encouraging words have helped me especially, deal with the uncertain thoughts and feelings I have been struggling with.

The best news arrived this morning in hearing they have taken out the draining tube from her head and that she was able to talk some for short periods of time. Possibly more but the pain medicine makes her very tired. My brother quoted what she said. " I want a Happy Meal" then after the chuckling from surrounding family she stated she was tired, which if you knew my neice is not typical. She is a night owl and hard to get to sleep because she never seems to want to miss anything. LOL

Hearing the news really makes me thankful for all the praying everyone has done.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my story, offer assistance, and mostly comforting words. :ty:ghug:heart[/quote']

Oh that's wonderful news!!!! Thanks for letting us know. I've been wondering about her. That sounds very encouraging that she asked for a Happy Meal!!!! Praise the Lord!!!:manyheart

First I want to say thank you again for everyones caring words and prayers' date=' it means so much. Your support and encouraging words have helped me especially, deal with the uncertain thoughts and feelings I have been struggling with.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my story, offer assistance, and mostly comforting words. :ty:ghug:heart[/quote']

Wow that is great news!! Glad to hear that things are going well. Continuing to keep you, your brother and niece in my thoughts and prayers.

PS I mailed out 5 squares and a hat today for your niece and brother. So expect 2 different puffies soon!! :hug:manyheart

Thank you so much Scooby, I have been working hard on making squares as well. I will check out the mail before I go back to work tomorrow.

I sent a package to you today, too. I made her a Blankie Buddy and threw in a couple of hats, plus a matching hat for her dolly. This little girl is going to know she's got some friends out there! :manyheart I hope she's still improving. Did she get that Happy Meal yet?

Archived