Cathedral Rose Window - finally finished!

CrisKad

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:clapThat is just beautiful. Congrats on completing it. How long did it take you? Was it difficult? I have the same pattern, but am afraid to start it - it seems everyone complains that it is difficult.

Great Job

Colleen:cheer

I started it in early February and finished it in July...so 5 months. But I didn't work on it exclusively at all. I had a ton of other WIPS in between and didn't work on it for an entire month between April and May. If I'd worked on it exclusively, I'd say it can be done in two months.

Its not hard at all. All it is is sc, hdc, and dc. If you can do those stitches, you can make this afghan! The CAL was a big help too for tips, corrections, and encouragement. I'd say go for it!

I don't know what to be more impressed with - the beautiful, beautiful 'ghan or that you wove ALL those freakin' ends right after finishing! Even if I could make it through it, my ends would be flopping around for at least 6 months! Great work!

Oh wow. That is just gorgeous. :faint

Like many other people here, it's on my to do list. Might be a while before I give it a try though...

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what to be more impressed with - the beautiful, beautiful 'ghan or that you wove ALL those freakin' ends right after finishing! Even if I could make it through it, my ends would be flopping around for at least 6 months! Great work!

ENDS!! #@!$%^&*() and $%^#$%() !! god i hate em! LOL!!

this sounds like me - the ends would be the death of me - they would have to bury me with it, ends hanging out and all - LOL!! I want one soooo badly!!! better get to teaching my mom a little quicker so she can make me one!! LOL!!

BEAUTIFUL!!! STUNNING!! and might i add - GOOD for you that you are keeping something you made - i am as guilty as sin at not keeping anything!!

i just thought of this and if i say so myself it is kind of cute

Crocheter's Poem

One of These Days

an Original Poem by Proudmama762003

aka Robin

Oh, Afghans I have done,

by the ton, by the ton,

Sadly, for me,

I haven't kept a one!!

"One of these days",

Is what I always say,

but that never happens,

as I give it away!

But the gladness it brings,

makes my heart sing,

For the loved one,

I give it to when it is done!

If I should ever complete,

the CWA, oh what a feat,

ends woven and all,

I shall hang it on my wall!

Oh, "One of these days"

mind is drawing a blank now - LOL!! the 1st paragraph came easy - the rest i struggled with everything that rhymes with _____!! LOL!!

I am soooo glad your hubby appreciates how absolutely gorgeous this is and is sooo supportive - please post a pic with details if you figure out how to hang it!!

:hug

What a truly stunning piece or art!! :cheer If you don't mind an old busy body giving advice..Maybe you could do a heavy starch and block it, that way it will hold it's shape and if you ever decide to use it or gift it..Just a good washing and it will soften right back up..great work:clap

As I read this thread, I saw the poem Proudmama762003 wrote..I also am very "PROUD" to say that is MY kid..:rofl:manyheart

Archived