Tetris Tote Bag

LeahB

Once upon a time I joined a Tetris afghan CAL. Only I decided that instead of doing an afghan, I would make a tote bag. Well, it started off well, and then it spent a lot of time in limbo. But, I finally finished it, and it is now ready to make its debut. So, without further ado, my Tetris Tote Bag.

th_IMG_1266.jpg th_IMG_1265.jpg

th_IMG_1268.jpgth_IMG_1267.jpg

This bag is quite large. Front and back at 18" by 18", and the sides are 6" wide. Basically, it is a great WIP bag, as it can fit an entire afghan that is nearly done plus a skein or two or three of yarn.

So, what do you think?

Thanks for all the nice comments. I really like this bag, and am pleased with how it came out. I'm glad I finally got myself to finish it.

As someone else mentioned, there's no pattern for this, but I did use the solid granny square pattern here for my squares. Other than that, I made the sides and bottom in one long strip of sc, and joined it to the front and back using sc, so it has that ridged join look at the edges of the bag. I then did a round of sc all along the top. Then I joined the yarn for the handles, chained the number of stitches I wanted, and did a row of sc, a 3 rows of hdc and a row of sc, joining the ends of each row to the ends of the bag, which meant no sewing! (After all of the sewing of little blocks together in the tetris part of the bag, I decided I had had enough of sewing)

Also, if you are interested, I think I posted a picture of my square layout over in the CAL thread. There are also lots of other people's plans for block layouts if you are looking for inspiration. What I did though was to play a really bad game on the computer (not clearing any lines), and then use a screen capture. This way I didn't have to be too inventive on my own.

Once upon a time I joined a Tetris afghan CAL. Only I decided that instead of doing an afghan, I would make a tote bag. Well, it started off well, and then it spent a lot of time in limbo. But, I finally finished it, and it is now ready to make its debut. So, without further ado, my Tetris Tote Bag.

th_IMG_1266.jpg th_IMG_1265.jpg

th_IMG_1268.jpgth_IMG_1267.jpg

This bag is quite large. Front and back at 18" by 18", and the sides are 6" wide. Basically, it is a great WIP bag, as it can fit an entire afghan that is nearly done plus a skein or two or three of yarn.

So, what do you think?

Wow that looks amazing. Well done.:clap

Archived