Angel Wings Shawl Pattern- *Edited Row 1*

CroJulee

Okay, A really, really, really quick update:

I'm almost done with a shawl for the fair with this pattern. I'm hoping it gets a good placing. We'll see. I'll let ya'll know how it does!!!

Thanks

Julee

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got around to taking pics of the 2 Angel Wings I have done so far. Sorry it took me so long. Hope you enjoy. Links are clickable of course.

2634627480057487835fwRyKH_th.jpg

2331357000057487835EdJWCW_th.jpg

Wow, those are gorgeous! I love the yarn you used, what is it?

For the pink one, I used Bernat Satin Sport and for the blues I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby.

I am now making this for my friend who just lost her dad. Thank You for sharing it, I am enjoying doing it. I know she'll love it. God Bless You

Finally got around to taking pics of the 2 Angel Wings I have done so far. Sorry it took me so long. Hope you enjoy. Links are clickable of course.

BEAUTIFUL!! I love both of them!! Thanks for sharing!!

Julee

I am now making this for my friend who just lost her dad. Thank You for sharing it, I am enjoying doing it. I know she'll love it. God Bless You

It's so nice to know that this pattern will help comfort someone!!

God Bless you too!!

Julee

Ok Guys, I almost wanna cry right now. That shawl I posted about.... well, I had to rip it back 40 rows. I seriously just wanna cry. I had like 6 sts left in the edging and something wasn't right. The mistake was way at the beggining. That's what you get for getting in a hurry. I was really looking forward to entering it in the fair too. The deadline for entry is wednesday morning by 11 am so I'm not even gonna try. I could get it done but it's just to much right now!! Anyways, done venting. On to something different.

Hey,12" squares and Ice Cream Cone Purses sound good. Hard to mess those up!!

Thanks ya'll!!

Julee

Ok Guys, I almost wanna cry right now. That shawl I posted about.... well, I had to rip it back 40 rows. I seriously just wanna cry. I had like 6 sts left in the edging and something wasn't right. The mistake was way at the beggining. That's what you get for getting in a hurry. I was really looking forward to entering it in the fair too. The deadline for entry is wednesday morning by 11 am so I'm not even gonna try. I could get it done but it's just to much right now!! Anyways, done venting. On to something different.

Thanks ya'll!!

Julee

:ghug:( I am soooo sorry to hear that. :hug:hug

Thanks ya'll!!

Julee

:hug:hug:hug

Mizmo - Sorry to hear about having to frog your shawl. But the pics are very pretty. Don't feel bad, everyone has to do that sometimes.

It was Julee that had to frog, not me. But thanks for the kind words anyway. :hug

And thanks to everyone else who commented on my pics.

Oh I just love this shawl its so pretty. I've started on one but am scared to death. I've never crocheted in the round before or joined. I think it's coming along so far but we shall see.

Hi Ally, I think you'll find this is a pretty easy shawl to begin with. It's actually not worked in the round. It's worked in rows.

The only reason why I made a mistake is because I often crochet late at night when I'm very tired and I kinda get going kinda fast so I don't pay attention like I should.

Can't wait to see a pic of your shawl!!

Thanks

Julee

Well, I am flying to Las Vegas Saturday for a week and I plan on taking the yarn to make another of these in red on the outbound flight and another in a silver gray on the flight coming home the following Saturday. With flight times and layovers, I figure I'll be able to get most if not all of a shawl done each way. We'll see.

The one I had to tare out was about 56 rows with pound of love and a "G" crochet hook.

The first one was considerably less. I used a way bigger hook and yarn. Went REALLY fast.

Have a great night ya'll!!

Thanks

Julee

I like mine nice and big. I am using ILTY and an L hook and made the last one 38 rows before the edging. That takes me 2 skeins of yarn. That is how I am planning on doing these next 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting this! I made mine last night in 5 hours for my stepdaughter who loves angels. I'm also going to make one for my daughter-in-law who loves butterflies! What a great pattern. You are so creative to come up with this! I truly appreciate it! God Bless You.

I love the look of your pattern, my mom loves angels and I think I will have to try this pattern for her Christmas present. I will do it in a white and maybe I will try to find a nice novelty yarn to do the final round.

Archived