Angel Wings Shawl Pattern- *Edited Row 1*

CroJulee

post-4632-135897426668_thumb.jpg

Thursday Night Shawl Pattern
AngelWingsShawl3182012.pdf

Materials:
Approx. 16 ounces of yarn of choice (more if yarn is bulky)
Size "J" crochet hook
Tapestry needle
Note: Any of the above is optional. That’s just what I used.

Special Stitches: Beg Shell, Shell, V St
Shell: (2dc, ch2, 2dc) in space indicated in pattern.
V st: (dc, ch1, dc) in space indicated in pattern.

Note: When told to Shell in Shell, or V st in V st, that means to Shell in the ch2 space in the middle of the Shell st, or V st in the ch1 space in the middle of the shell st.

You will always Shell in the Shells, and V st in the V sts.

Make loop (magic loop or ch3, sl st in first ch to make loop)
Row 1: ch4 (counts as dc, ch1), (Dc, Ch1) 4 times, Dc in loop, turn. (5- ch1 spaces, 6 dc)

Row 2: Ch3, (dc, ch2, 2 dc) in next ch1 space, ch1, V st in next ch1 space, ch1, shell in next ch1 space, ch1, V st in next ch1 space, ch1, (2 dc, ch2, dc) in next ch1 space, dc in top of ch3, turn.
( 3-shell, 2-V sts, 6-ch1 spaces {including ch1 in V Sts})

Row 3: Ch3, shell in next ch2 space, *ch1, dc in next ch1 space, ch1, V st in next V st, ch1, dc in next ch1 space, ch1, shell in shell*. Repeat from *to*. Dc in top of beg ch3, turn.
(3- Shells, 2- V sts, 10- ch1 spaces {including ch1 in V sts})

Row 4: Ch3, shell in shell, *(ch1, dc in next ch1 space) 2 times, ch1, V st in next V st, (ch1, dc in next ch1 space)
2 times, ch1, Shell in shell*. Repeat from *to*. Dc in top of beg ch3, turn.
(3-Shells, 2- V sts, 14- ch1 spaces {including ch1 in V sts})

Row 5: Ch3, shell in shell, * ch1, dc in each ch1 space to next V st, ch1, V st in V st, ch1, dc in each ch1 space to next shell, ch1, shell in shell*. Repeat from *to*. Dc in top of beg ch3, turn.
(3- Shells, 2- V sts, 18- ch1 spaces {including ch1 in V sts})

Repeat Row 5 until desired size. For edging you’ll want to end with an even number of rows so shell edge will work out correctly.

Edging: ch1, turn, sc in first dc, 5 dc in shell, sl st in next ch1 space,* (3 dc in next ch1 space, sl st in next ch1 space) to V st, 5 dc in V st, sl st in next ch1 space, Repeat from ( to) 1 time, 7 dc in shell, sl st in next ch1 space, Repeat from (to) 2 times, 5 dc in shell, sc in top of beg ch3.
Optional: If you’d like you can sc across the end of the rows.
Fasten off yarn. Weave in ends.

This pattern is for personal and charity use only. I'd appreciate if anyone interested in selling the finished product would email me.
Thanks!!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing. Kinda looks like a butterfly and god knows I love them. The first chance I get I'm going to try this with some different colors and see how it comes out. Thanks again!!

Thanks so much for sharing Julee! I thought of a butterfly too which would make it a wonder comfort shawl.

I hope all is going well with your family.

Things are going better!! My poor sisters heart is broken though. My dad had to tell her boyfriend they couldn't see each other any more and they were very close. She had to go through all of her things and box up the stuff he gave her. It's sad for her, but when a person doesn't respect a girls father, mother, and sisters and brother and is trying to get that girl to turn against her family than I guess it's time to draw the line and say enough. I do feel bad for her though. I really do!!

Thanks for thinking of us!! Enjoy the pattern

Julee

Absolutely Butterfly OR Angel, those were what I thought of! This is lovely! :heart

Now tell me, did you name it the Thursday night shawl because you finished it in one evening??? That would be something RIGHT up my alley! :lol

OHHHHH! It looks like a butterfly! I'm always making stuff and giving it away! Everybody tells me to make something for 'me'. Well, this pattern is IT. This pattern is for me. thanks so much.

Thanks so much for posting the pattern. :yes

Looks like a butterfly to me.

I definitely will be making this one - maybe for myself to wear to church. :ty again - I truly admire those that can be so creative! :clap

I've got it started and already past row five so there are no mistakes that I've found! I'm using up some of my scrap yarns, but the next will be from yarn just especially for this pattern.

I've got it started and already past row five so there are no mistakes that I've found! I'm using up some of my scrap yarns, but the next will be from yarn just especially for this pattern.

Oh, That's good Katy. I'm glad the pattern's ok. Wrote this one in a hurry. I was already a little behind in getting the pattern posted and didn't want to keep people waiting.

Enjoy!

Julee

Absolutely Butterfly OR Angel, those were what I thought of! This is lovely! :heart

Now tell me, did you name it the Thursday night shawl because you finished it in one evening??? That would be something RIGHT up my alley! :lol

Yup, made it in one night. I can't remember the exact amount of time it took me but probably only a 3 1/2 or 4 hours. I kinda just buckled down and got it done.

Enjoy!!

Julee

yes it is working up so nice! would have had it done but working on daddy filet bookmark and other things and back and forth.:lol

Ohh, darn those other projects. Lol!! I know how that is. I have about 1 billion things I want to finish. And I just started 2 new projects today and I'm contemplating starting a 3rd even bigger one (a pineapple afghan).

I started a shawl using this pattern as the basis and I'm trying to through some pineapples into it. What a challenge!!

Glad the pattern's working out!

Julee

Archived