Angel Wings Shawl Pattern- *Edited Row 1*

CroJulee

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!!! Just wonder if anyone has a pic of a shawl they have finished that was made using this pattern? Would love to see the pic if you have one!!

Thanks a ton!!

Julee

Not yet, my niece says that her wedding dress is champange color so I think that Caron SS in white wouldn't look right. Anyone have any suggetions on what color would go with champange? Thanks. :)

Hmm, that's a great question. Maybe simply soft in "bone" but maybe not. That might be a littel to tanish/ brownish to look good with champagne.

I sure hope you can find a color to go with the dress. Some one on this great forum would certainly be able to help you.

Good Luck!!

Julee

Hi All, thought I'd add a little info on the yarn choice for this pattern.

It would honestly look great in any yarn you chose to make it in. If you have a question about what size hook to use for a particular type of yarn just use a few different size hooks and use the first 5 or so rnds of the pattern to get a feel for which one you like best and which one works best.

Have a great 4th of July Villers!!

Julee

• 2 weeks later...
I actually have time and yarn enough to give this a try now, thanks for your generosity CroJulee :hug

:clapcan't wait to see it done!

:thinkstill trying to figure out what color I want to make one in.. my neighbor has silvery hair and turquise looks great on her so thinking around something of that color or maybe a teal. :lol:think

I'll have a progress report on my blog later tonight *lol*

Mine is a soft lilac mohair type yarn...I say "mohair type" as it was a mystery yarn from the bargain bin & I have no idea what it is :think

Turquoise or teal would look lovely :)

Mine is a soft lilac mohair type yarn...I say "mohair type" as it was a mystery yarn from the bargain bin & I have no idea what it is :think

I just checked your blog. The yarn and color is absolutely lovely!! Someday I'd love to make a shawl out of that type of yarn. How lovely!!

Can't wait to see the finished shawl!!

Julee

I actually have time and yarn enough to give this a try now, thanks for your generosity CroJulee :hug

You're welcome!! I'm so glad people are enjoying it!!

:clapcan't wait to see it done!

:thinkstill trying to figure out what color I want to make one in.. my neighbor has silvery hair and turquise looks great on her so thinking around something of that color or maybe a teal. :lol:think

OHHHH, I love turquise. What a wonderful color!! I'm sure a shawl would look beautiful in that color and I'm sure she'd love it. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Julee

:cheerWOW that is looking wonderful! so pretty!

I have completed about 30 rows now and it is sooooo light and airy, I hope to have a lot more done today but we'll see how today goes ;) None of this "finished in one evening" speed for me (sadly!)

yeah, I think it was a one time speed thing for me too. Sometimes I really have the speed and sometimes I don't. But when I have it it's usually best used a few hours at a time no interruption (which is REALLY rare)!!

Julee

Thanks Millie!! I hope (and kinda think) you'll find it easy to understand. If you have any questions please feel free to ask away. No questions a bad question.

Have fun!!

Julee

p.s. What's BCC? Just curious. I probably know what it is just can't remember at the moment. One of those days.

What a beautiful shawl..:manyheart..I think any senior in a home or anywhere would love to have this "Angel Wings" is perfect:U

Thanks Nana and again WELCOME TO THE VILLE!! Your daughter has been a wonderful addition to the ville and I know you will be too!!

Take Care

Julee

Archived