Angel Wings Shawl Pattern- *Edited Row 1*

CroJulee

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That does sound like a challenge but that ought to be very pretty when you get it figured out!

If I can get it figured out, yeah. I'm just not that great with pineapples. I love them though. I found a beautiful pineapple afghan pattern and started it yesterday!! I think it'll help me in my understanding of pineapples.

Julee

My mom started a pineapple table topper and she had strips of pineapples then just left it never finished puttin them together. So after she died I was going through stuff and came across these and just put them up thinking what can I do with them.Well my TV unit is rugged on the edges so I took these cream colored pineapple strips and hot glued them around the top and across the bottom lips to cover the dings and bings.It looks great across the top lip but the other one got pulled off from the kids.:lol

Well anyways I love the way pineapples look when they are all made up in projects!

Julee I love seeing your patterns! :manyheart I am truly blessed to be able to make this shawl through your generosity of sharing your creativity. :hug

Butterfly, Angel Wings, it doesn't matter! :c9

It's a gift from you that will be treasured as a favorite crochet project! :crochetingThank You! :yay

Lauren

Julee I love seeing your patterns! :manyheart I am truly blessed to be able to make this shawl through your generosity of sharing your creativity. :hug

Butterfly, Angel Wings, it doesn't matter! :c9

It's a gift from you that will be treasured as a favorite crochet project! :crochetingThank You! :yay

Lauren

Wow Lauren!! I don't know why, but when I read the above post, I almost started crying (like instantly).

It really blesses me to be able to provide patterns to ya'll!! Thanks so much everyone for the encouragement you've all been. Without this forum and all ya'll I would have never started writting patterns and making the things I am making now. I mostly likely would have been a beginner crocheter for life!!

:)THANK YOU ALL!!!

:)

Julee

Julee, thank you for the beautiful pattern. I have been looking for a pattern to make my niece a shawl for her wedding. I wanted something simple but beautiful, because that is what Jamie is. She isn't a frilly, girly girl. I have found it in your pattern. Now how about some suggestions on yarn. I was thinking about Caron SS, in white. What do you think? Thank you again so much. :hug

Ohh, simply soft would be wonderful. I'm gonna have to try that now. I just started to make a shawl in this pattern with Pound of Love denim. I also have white, maybe I'll make a shawl for my hopechest with it.

Can't wait to see a pic of your shawl!!

Take care and enjoy the pattern!!

Julee

Thank you so much for this pattern! You are a lifesaver! My hubby has a big work event at the Country Club Friday and I could not afford to buy a new dress right now, BUT I did have yarn to make a new shawl! I have one started in a pretty purple, it's going to look great with my black dress, I will post a pic when it is done. Again , thank you for sharing!

What kind of yarn did you use? I started this with Caron SS and a J hook but it seems small. Maybe if I use two strands of yarn it would do better and a K hook. How many rows did you make? I went to row 15 that's when I realized it was small. (There was a time when I was small but not now!:eek).

I used a bernat supervalue yarn (Definintly bulky weight yarn) and a size "J" crochet hook. Right now I'm using pound of love to make this shawl and a "G" crochet hook.

2 strands of simply soft would look lovely!! I'd say give it a try. With a larger size hook though. Maybe a "K" hook or larger.

Hope the pattern works for you!!

Julee

Thank you so much for this pattern! You are a lifesaver! My hubby has a big work event at the Country Club Friday and I could not afford to buy a new dress right now, BUT I did have yarn to make a new shawl! I have one started in a pretty purple, it's going to look great with my black dress, I will post a pic when it is done. Again , thank you for sharing!

Ohh, I love purple!! Can't wait to see your shawl!! I bet it will look amazing!!

Have fun at your husbands event!

Thanks

Julee

I'm almost done with mine, with Red Heart Supersaver and a J hook. I think I've got 45 rows. I'm not small, either, short but not small. The doctor says I'm shrinking :-O I've always been 5' 2 3/4" and now I am 4' 9 1/2" Pretty soon I'm gonna be as round as I am tall <grin>.

I'm going to make this pattern again with two strands of yarn and a M or N hook. I think it will turn out nicely with one solid strand and one variegated. I haven't decided on the colors yet. I love the pattern. It's so easy to do that I can watch tv and crochet, too.

I'm almost done with mine, with Red Heart Supersaver and a J hook. I think I've got 45 rows. I'm not small, either, short but not small. The doctor says I'm shrinking :-O I've always been 5' 2 3/4" and now I am 4' 9 1/2" Pretty soon I'm gonna be as round as I am tall <grin>.

I'm going to make this pattern again with two strands of yarn and a M or N hook. I think it will turn out nicely with one solid strand and one variegated. I haven't decided on the colors yet. I love the pattern. It's so easy to do that I can watch tv and crochet, too.

Ohhhh,hope you can post a pic!! Would love to see how yours turned out!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Julee

Archived