Angel Wings Shawl Pattern- *Edited Row 1*

CroJulee

Beautiful Shawl! Thank you for sharing the pattern. I would like to make one for my mother, she hasn't been feeling well lately, and winter is coming...has anyone made this for a plus size person? Can I get some recommendations on yarn, yardage, hook size to make this for a larger lady? TIA

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful Shawl! Thank you for sharing the pattern. I would like to make one for my mother, she hasn't been feeling well lately, and winter is coming...has anyone made this for a plus size person? Can I get some recommendations on yarn, yardage, hook size to make this for a larger lady? TIA

I am a 3x plus size. I made it for me in I Love This Yarn from HL and used an L hook. It took 2 skeins and it is nice and big....38 rows if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

:hi Julee!

I just finished this pattern and it took me about 8 hrs with a lot of interuptions. I used Bernat Haven with an L hook. It took just over 5 skeins (they are about 77 yards each). I really enjoyed making this quick and easy shawl! Thank you soo much for the pattern!

th_100_1613.jpgThe bottom front in the light area is the truer color of the yarn.

th_100_1614.jpgth_100_1615.jpg

I like your pattern alot:manyheart,very easy pattern.:yes This is my first shawl I ever made:crocheting, and I plan on making more:yay. Thank you.:hug Here's how mine came out.

I used RedHeart Supersaver yarn in soft white and a size J hook.:hook

post-11825-135897409381_thumb.jpg

Oooo, I love the color you used (so pretty and almost antiquish if I remember right).

Great job and thanks so much for sharing!! I'm having so much fun looking at everyones finished shawls!!

Julee

I'm going to try one of these soon (I hope!). I'd like to try it in Joanns Rainbow Boucle. It stripes so nicely with the Seraphina. I would imagine the stripes would be just as beautiful with this shawl!

• 4 weeks later...

I've just discovered this pattern and it is now going to be my project for this evening when I go out for supper at my aunt's place. It's so easy to do that I can just grab and go with it.

This is a great pattern and I thank you for sharing this one with us.

Totally Wow!

I just finished one the other night that I did in Wool-Ease earth-tones that I had left over; it looks more like a moth's wings than anything else! I'll post a picture as soon as I'm able to take a moment to take one ;)

I finished mine over 2 visits to friends and family. I have it draped over my Living Room fan and it just looks so good every time my eyes fall on it. I love this pattern, thank you a dozen times over.

Will try to post a pic when I can

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah :clap I finished mine just havent posted a picture of it yet! :blush been done for a couple of weeks now.:lol been lazy!Did it really pretty blue now christmas gift going to make one in black I think. :lol havent got that far. be christmaseve still crochet all the stuff I want to make and wrapping presents with my toes or verse versa :lol

ok, the patterns done. It hasn't been tested so if anyone finds a mistake let me know and i'll fix it. Thanks!!

Julee

p.s. This shawl took only one night to complete!! If you can't work on it straight though you could get it done in one day or a half a day.

myshawlsampler2.jpg

thursday night shawl pattern

materials:

Approx. 16 ounces of yarn of choice (more if yarn is bulky)

size "j" crochet hook

tapestry needle

note: Any of the above is optional. That’s just what i used.

Special stitches: Beg shell, shell, v st

shell: (2dc, ch2, 2dc) in space indicated in pattern.

V st: (dc, ch1, dc) in space indicated in pattern.

Note: When told to shell in shell, or v st in v st, that means to shell in the ch2 space in the middle of the shell st, or v st in the ch1 space in the middle of the shell st.

You will always shell in the shells, and v st in the v sts.

Make loop (magic loop or ch3, sl st in first ch to make loop)

row 1: Ch4 (counts as dc, ch1), (ch1, dc) 4 times, turn. (5- ch1 spaces, 6 dc) this ended up being 5 dc and 5 ch1. Did i read this wrong?

row 2: Ch3, (dc, ch2, 2 dc) in next ch1 space, ch1, v st in next ch1 space, ch1, shell in next ch1 space, ch1, v st in next ch1 space, ch1, (2 dc, ch2, dc) in next ch1 space, dc in top of ch3, turn. it took me some time to figure out that this dc in top of ch3 right before the turn suppose to be a dc in the top of the previous row

( 3-shell, 2-v sts, 6-ch1 spaces {including ch1 in v sts})

row 3: Ch3, shell in next ch2 space, *ch1, dc in next ch1 space, ch1, v st in next v st, ch1, dc in next ch1 space, ch1, shell in shell*. Repeat from *to*. Dc in top of beg ch3, turn.

(3- shells, 2- v sts, 10- ch1 spaces {including ch1 in v sts})

row 4: Ch3, shell in shell, *(ch1, dc in next ch1 space) 2 times, ch1, v st in next v st, (ch1, dc in next ch1 space)

2 times, ch1, shell in shell*. Repeat from *to*. Dc in top of beg ch3, turn.

(3-shells, 2- v sts, 14- ch1 spaces {including ch1 in v sts})

row 5: Ch3, shell in shell, * ch1, dc in each ch1 space to next v st, ch1, v st in v st, ch1, dc in each ch1 space to next shell, ch1, shell in shell*. Repeat from *to*. Dc in top of beg ch3, turn. the directions are a bit ambiguous. I assumed there is a repeating pattern of ch1, dc across to the v-stitch or the shell and repeating until the end. And the *to* directions say dc in each ch1 space to the next shell. The ch1 instructions is missing?

(3- shells, 2- v sts, 18- ch1 spaces {including ch1 in v sts})

repeat row 5 until desired size. For edging you’ll want to end with an even number of rows so shell edge will work out correctly.

Edging: Ch1, turn, sc in first dc, 5 dc in shell, sl st in next ch1 space,* (3 dc in next ch1 space, sl st in next ch1 space) to v st, 5 dc in v st, sl st in next ch1 space, repeat from ( to) 1 time, 7 dc in shell, sl st in next ch1 space, repeat from (to) 2 times, 5 dc in shell, sc in top of beg ch3.

Optional: If you’d like you can sc across the end of the rows.

Fasten off yarn. Weave in ends.

This pattern is for personal and charity use only. I'd appreciate if anyone interested in selling the finished product would email me.

Thanks!!

overall i love this pattern and will make several, but the directions confused me a few times. I read thru this entire thread and nobody commented on problems with the directions. So, my assumption is my reading comprehension was poor for this pattern. I've been crocheting for 6 years and have done teddy bears, barbie clothes, afghans and other items.

Thank you again for the pattern.

This is a great easy pattern, i had to rip it out a couple times at first but I am at work and crochet while the phone isn't ringing, which when you pick up the hook the phones just start ringing! But it is such a no brainer once you do a couple rows and so Cute, which is rare to have together!! One of the guys dad passed away so I am making this for his mom. Thanks so much, I know I will be doing another one. Diane

I have made this as well just recently. My son was so helpfull to model this for me, so I could take a pic of it. I did have one small mistake, hope it isnt to noticeable. Awesome pattern and plan to make it again.. thank-you so much.

angelwingsshawl.jpg

That's beautiful! I love the shaping. I bet it would stay on your shoulders wonderfully. :cheer:clap:yay I'd like to be able to make a shawl in ONE evening! I've never done that, because I can't sit still long enough - I'm constantly getting up to let one of the (4) dogs out, or let them in, or check the washer, or fold the clothes out of the dryer, yada yada yada...:loco TFS!!

Archived