Angel Wings Shawl Pattern- *Edited Row 1*

CroJulee

Julie, I finally broke down and started this shawl earlier this evening. I am loving it! I'm using some stash yarn in a sport weight and don't know if I'll have enough but I'll go until I run out...If nothing else, it is a variegated and I can get one of the solid colors to do the bottom part if necessary.

BTW, how big is your shawl? Did you say and I just missed it?

I'm already thinking of other yarn and colorways that I want to try it in.

Thanks again for a wonderful pattern!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Julie, I finally broke down and started this shawl earlier this evening. I am loving it! I'm using some stash yarn in a sport weight and don't know if I'll have enough but I'll go until I run out...If nothing else, it is a variegated and I can get one of the solid colors to do the bottom part if necessary.

BTW, how big is your shawl? Did you say and I just missed it?

I'm already thinking of other yarn and colorways that I want to try it in.

Thanks again for a wonderful pattern!

You're definantly welcome!! I'm glad you're enjoying the pattern. I bet it looks lovely in sport weight yarn.

Hmm, now to the size of the shawl. That's a great question, usually I could tell you but right now my brain's really tired. I'll have to get back to you on that tomorrow. Is that ok? Oh, you know what. I'll have to look in the shawl thread in show and tell. I think I posted it there.

Julee

You're definantly welcome!! I'm glad you're enjoying the pattern. I bet it looks lovely in sport weight yarn.

Hmm, now to the size of the shawl. That's a great question, usually I could tell you but right now my brain's really tired. I'll have to get back to you on that tomorrow. Is that ok? Oh, you know what. I'll have to look in the shawl thread in show and tell. I think I posted it there.

Julee

thanks Julie. :hug I found it there. For some reason I had missed it in the show and tell section. I have about 10" done now and have used almost all of one skein. I have 3 more skeins so it looks like I will be okay.

I've made several now in various yarns and it looks great no matter what kind of yarn you use. You've got a winner here!

Thanks!! I don't know about this, but I'm thinking about trying to get it published somewhere (a magazine or crochet book.).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Julee

Thanks!! I don't know about this, but I'm thinking about trying to get it published somewhere (a magazine or crochet book.).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Julee

send it into crochet world. crochet a day calander is still taking patterns for 2010 copy. deadline is in oct sometime. I had the link but on the other computer.

send it into crochet world. crochet a day calander is still taking patterns for 2010 copy. deadline is in oct sometime. I had the link but on the other computer.

At one time I was thinking about Crochet a day calender but it doesn't seem like the payment is enough for the time put into a pattern.

Crochet world seems cool though or maybe one of the other ones. Crochet!! ???? Hmm, I don't know.

This is just a dream of mine. To have a pattern published in a crochet mag, or even a book. That'd be amazing!! I would probably pass out.

Thanks Sheila!!

Julee

Hey all,

Just had to let everyone know. I started one of these shawls in Lionbrand Pound of Love and I LOVE how it's working out. I think this shawl will be entered in our fair.

Thanks

Julee

I finished my shawl yesterday afternoon and I love it! Took longer than 4 hours though! But still not bad...started Thursday evening and finished Saturday afternoon. Since I'm rather fluffy, I think on the next one I make that I will probably add a couple or so stitches in each section to start with so each panel will be wider and will go around me better. This would work wouldn't it Julie?

Julie, thanks again for sharing this wonderful pattern :hug. I love it! :manyheart

Well I started mine last night, after many tries I am now just flowing along with the pattern. The reason for the many tries is that I am using baby yarn and thought that a J hook might be to big. I started with a G and then went to an H, then an I and now am using the J. Guess I should have started out with it in the first place. :hook

I finished my shawl yesterday afternoon and I love it! Took longer than 4 hours though! But still not bad...started Thursday evening and finished Saturday afternoon. Since I'm rather fluffy, I think on the next one I make that I will probably add a couple or so stitches in each section to start with so each panel will be wider and will go around me better. This would work wouldn't it Julie?

Julie, thanks again for sharing this wonderful pattern :hug. I love it! :manyheart

:cheerwhere is the picture!!!:cheer

:cheerwhere is the picture!!!:cheer

Haven't taken a picture of it yet...:eek...shame on me! I'll take one and post it soon. K?

Mine is finished and there is a pic of it in the Shawls show and tell thread.

Awesome!! I'm heading over to see it right now!! Thanks for sharing!!

Julee

I just finished my second Angel Wings shawl...still no pic of either and will be gone over the weekend. Promise I will take pics of both and post first part of the week....This one went faster. Used ILTY in the seafoam ombre and a size L hook. Took 5-6 hours and is a little bigger but I like it bigger! Used almost 3 skeins...so about 14 ounces. My husband wants me to make lots more of these...he loves the pattern!

I just finished my second Angel Wings shawl...still no pic of either and will be gone over the weekend. Promise I will take pics of both and post first part of the week....This one went faster. Used ILTY in the seafoam ombre and a size L hook. Took 5-6 hours and is a little bigger but I like it bigger! Used almost 3 skeins...so about 14 ounces. My husband wants me to make lots more of these...he loves the pattern!

:cheerWOW that is GREAT!! cant wait of course I will have to!:lol To see pictures!!

Here are links to a couple of shawls I made. I love this pattern. Thank you so much for posting it:clap

IMG_0012

IMG_0013

Thanks for sharing!! They are both so pretty but I'd have to say I LOVE the brown one. Great job!! Glad you like the pattern!!

Julee

Here are links to a couple of shawls I made. I love this pattern. Thank you so much for posting it:clap

IMG_0012

IMG_0013

OMGosh, WOW! Those are great! I like the neutral color and stripes the best. Both are wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

Absolutely gorgeous shawl. I am planning to make one for my mother and myself, it gets rather chilly at Sunday school. I'm sure I'll get requests for more. I would love to someday have the time to make everyone something this would be the perfect gift.

Thanks for sharing!! They are both so pretty but I'd have to say I LOVE the brown one. Great job!! Glad you like the pattern!!

Julee

I also made one for my 8 year old granddaughter - she loves it!:yes And there is another one on my Flickr site. I just have so much fun :yaymaking these.

Archived