Angel Wings Shawl Pattern- *Edited Row 1*

CroJulee

I think I posted that I really like this pattern. I want to do it and have put it on my list of projects to do. But, it just dawned on me, I just finished two beannies (for son and grandson) that are your patterns. They turned out really great. The pattern was easy to follow. Thank you for the pattern and I'm so glad I connected the patterns to you.:cheer

Oh, The HDC Beanie pattern? I love that one. I've used that one SO MANY TIMES. That's the only pattern I use for my hats. It's always a big hit. I wrote that pattern when I was 16 (designed it when I was 14. Well, if you could call it a real design).

I'm glad you like the patterns. It's such a pleasure to provide them!!!

Thanks for your nice comments!! Those are the ones that keep me designing!!

Julee

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I just love it when this pattern is back on the front page here in OFP. :manyheart

I want the entire crochet world to make at least one of these shawls. it is an instant classic. :wlol

Hi Julee,I kept seeing this pattern, and for some reason passed it (I guess I'm too busy looking at hats lol) anyhow, this is beautiful, and what a great gift. It would probably make someone feel like they are being embraced ...how wonderful a gift is that ........even for a child in some pastels or sparkles !!!!

Beautiful shawl. My daughter made one, turned out great. Patiently waiting for mine....:blush

Daughter are you reading this? :manyheart

Beautiful shawl. My daughter made one, turned out great. Patiently waiting for mine....:blush

Daughter are you reading this? :manyheart

Lol Come on. Make your mother a shawl!!!

Hi Julee,I kept seeing this pattern, and for some reason passed it (I guess I'm too busy looking at hats lol) anyhow, this is beautiful, and what a great gift. It would probably make someone feel like they are being embraced ...how wonderful a gift is that ........even for a child in some pastels or sparkles !!!!

You have been making tons of hats lately. I get in the same kind of trance sort of things sometimes. Like lately, I've been on a kitchen kick. I've made lots of dish clothes and potholders this past week but now I'm finally starting to slow that down and work on some different items (a doggie blanket for one and I really want to make another shawl soon).

Enjoy the pattern!!

Julee

I have to say that I just love it when this pattern is back on the front page here in OFP. :manyheart

I want the entire crochet world to make at least one of these shawls. it is an instant classic. :wlol

Wow, an instant classic? I never imagined this shawl pattern becoming a classic. Yikers. But I'm so glad that so many people have been able to use it.

Thanks for your nice comments!!

Julee

Julee, I am in the hat mode.......actually want to do one of yours..the hearts..ok 2..the beanie one also. Our delivery to Pediatrics is the week before Easter...I would like to get a shawl in too.....yikes .....but that shawl is sooo pretty :manyheart

Julee, I am in the hat mode.......actually want to do one of yours..the hearts..ok 2..the beanie one also. Our delivery to Pediatrics is the week before Easter...I would like to get a shawl in too.....yikes .....but that shawl is sooo pretty :manyheart

Right now I'm back in my every thing mode. I just make/ work on whatever I feel like working on. It's sooo random (almost 2 random). I need a good project every once in a while.

Julee

:thinkUm don't tell her but I did buy the yarn, lol. :cheer Going to start it as soon as I complete the baby set for the neighbor. :clap:hook

Ok, I won't tell her. Hush Hush!!! She's gonna be so tickled.

Julee

Hello!

I tried out your pattern and it's awesome. Thank you sooooo much for sharing! I'm just getting to the point I can read patterns without too much difficulty, and this really helped with that by boosting my confidience. Only, instead of doing the shell edging you have on the pattern, I tried for a 'feathery' look by (crocheting 6, sc in the next space) and repeating all around the edges, doubling on the corners that drape over the shoulders to add to the effect. I'm sorry if changing the edging is rude or illegal; I've never talked to anyone about crocheting before so I'm unsure of the rules.

Ah- I used a skein of varigated blues and purples from the Red Heart Brand, worsted weight, with an I hook and a rather loose hand so that it had a netted, spring/summer feeling for Easter. It took a bit of a second skein for the last row and the edging, but not too much. Using a looser hand meant it gained size quickly, and it didn't need as many rows.

I'll try to post pictures, just in case I was confusing. (I do that.) Again, thank you for sharing!

Hi,

I'm so glad you had so much success with this pattern and I'm so glad it helped to boost your confidence with pattern reading.

Changing the edging isn't rude or illegal. On the rare occasion that I try and use a pattern I change soooo many things. It's really quite ok. Just feel free to change something till it's just like you want it. You won't find any crochet police knocking on your door.

Can't wait to see a pic of your shawl!! Sounds so pretty!!

Take Care and Happy Crocheting!!

Julee

p.s. If you have any questions please feel free to ask away. There are so many amazing crocheters here on the ville who would love to help you!!

Hello!

I tried out your pattern and it's awesome. Thank you sooooo much for sharing! I'm just getting to the point I can read patterns without too much difficulty, and this really helped with that by boosting my confidience. Only, instead of doing the shell edging you have on the pattern, I tried for a 'feathery' look by (crocheting 6, sc in the next space) and repeating all around the edges, doubling on the corners that drape over the shoulders to add to the effect. I'm sorry if changing the edging is rude or illegal; I've never talked to anyone about crocheting before so I'm unsure of the rules.

Ah- I used a skein of varigated blues and purples from the Red Heart Brand, worsted weight, with an I hook and a rather loose hand so that it had a netted, spring/summer feeling for Easter. It took a bit of a second skein for the last row and the edging, but not too much. Using a looser hand meant it gained size quickly, and it didn't need as many rows.

I'll try to post pictures, just in case I was confusing. (I do that.) Again, thank you for sharing!

• 1 month later...

I just finished a shawl but it was a gift and I rushed to pack and mail it that I forgot to take a picture. I used Caron one pounder in Lilac. I crochet kinda tight so it took about 18 oz. luckily I had some extra from an afghan left over. I had 45 rows including the shell edge. I was in need of a quick gift and had very little time and found this pattern in my to do file. It was perfect. I have several others I want to make and since it only took me about 4 1/2 hours over 3 days to finish I can get started now and have a good jump start on Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing this wonderful pattern. I just love it.

• 2 months later...

Ok Ya'll. Last year I tried to make this for our local fair but I got in a HUGE hurry and made a mistake. Yeah it was one that only I would notice but it really would have bugged me so I'm making this is I LOVE THIS YARN in Navy and an Off White-ish color.

I'll share pics when I'm done.

Julee

Oh, I just had the hardest time finding this where I'd saved it in my files. I just found out that I'm gonna have a grandbaby in February and I want to make a lightweight shawl in this pattern for my DIL to use while breastfeeding. I looked for angel wing and butterfly wing - finally found it saved as 'thursday night shawl pattern'. I've got tons of patterns, am a sucker for shawl patterns but this one and the Seraphina are my two absolute faves. Thanks again for sharing! If anyone misses me between now & Feb., I'll be hiding in my cave with crochet hook in hand <grin>.

Oh, I just had the hardest time finding this where I'd saved it in my files. I just found out that I'm gonna have a grandbaby in February and I want to make a lightweight shawl in this pattern for my DIL to use while breastfeeding. I looked for angel wing and butterfly wing - finally found it saved as 'thursday night shawl pattern'. I've got tons of patterns, am a sucker for shawl patterns but this one and the Seraphina are my two absolute faves. Thanks again for sharing! If anyone misses me between now & Feb., I'll be hiding in my cave with crochet hook in hand <grin>.

Well, I got a little ways on my "Angel Wings" shawl and then the next thing you know it I'm working on and finishing the "Angel Baby" shawl so I still have some work to do on the "Angel Wings" shawl but it won't be for the fair though. I decided that I'm gonna enter the Pineapple shawl I designed quite a while ago. I think it'll be a winner.

Thanks

Julee

• 2 weeks later...

CroJulee - I too jumped on the shawl bandwagon! I started one the other day using Fiesta yarn (I LOVE THAT YARN!) in the brown. It is turning out very pretty! Thanks again for the pattern!

it is a beautiful pattern..will try to make soon.....marylouise:woo

I'd love to see a pic if you decide to make it.

CroJulee - I too jumped on the shawl bandwagon! I started one the other day using Fiesta yarn (I LOVE THAT YARN!) in the brown. It is turning out very pretty! Thanks again for the pattern!

Ooo, Fiesta Yarn is sooooo nice. I'll bet it's making a stunning shawl. Hope you'll share a pic when it's finished.

This is So pretty ! I just wanted to thank you so much! I have to make a quick gift and wanted to make a shawl but sometimes they take so much time ! Thank you so much again !

You're welcome!! I'm glad my shawl pattern could be of service to you.

It really does work up pretty quickly. I still have to make another one.

Thanks everybody for your nice comments!

Jules

Hi Emma,

I think it could work. You can make it any size you want. Just keep going back and forth until you like the size and then you can finish it off.

Thanks

Julee

My mom had emergency surgery last week due to liver failure, and after my initial freak-out stage I started on one of these for her. I'm not a fast crocheter, AND I used regular WW yarn, so this took me much longer than 4 hours, especially since I wanted it good and big for her in case the hospital room gets chilly. But my goodness she really seems to like it! I'll try to remember to take pics of it today when I go visit. :)

Okay, went to see mom today and snapped a shot. Mom said that the nurses have been talking about "acquiring" it ;)

Shawl for my Mom

It's too huge to post the pic, so here's the link. Thanks again, Julee, for the wonderful pattern! :hug

Archived