Crocheted rite of passage??

So, I'm relatively new to crocheting, only having retaken up my hooks in the last year and a half or so.

I had to laugh this morning upon opening a cupboard (bought solely for crocheting stuff, and was quickly filled to overflowing), noticing that it is filled with a disturbingly large number of half-finished projects. I thought to myself, "is this the the crocheted rite of passage?". And my next thought was... "I have got to share this with the ladies on the forum! :lol:lol

i don't even know how many i have flying around. :lol currently trying to print out the pattern to finish one. lol

It is official our (crochet) little one has grown up. :sigh it seems like only yesterday she only had one WIP on the go.

:hug

:ghug

:wlol

lol, Darski, you crack me up!

It is not unusual to have a couple UFO's in your stash. Some of us have more than others.

Congratulations on the rite of passage.

The next rite is to have so many patterns stashed away that there is no way you can make all of them in a lifetime.

:manyheart

Oh believe me you are so not alone...

I don't know if it's a rite of passage or not...but it's worth pondering about.

I just went through my yarn and thread stash and have them at least sorted for the most part by weight, next will be by color...while doing that exercise I pulled out every single wip and ufo and experiment and swatch and I was honestly ashamed of myself for how many I had...(I shouldn't be because I have an amazing amount of finished objects done over the past 4 or so years of just crocheting) but once I separated them all out and probably frogged a good 1/3 to 1/2 of what I knew I would never, ever finish, while there was and is still more wips and ufo's than I'm comfortable with, I got another good chunk of them finished...it's never ending...just never ending...

But now they are all organized in zip lock bags that I can grab and work on and it's led to more personal designing and other good things...

I remember when I picked up my hooks after a long absense...I bought one of those totes that you can put yarn in and use while you're working so the yarn doesn't going rolling all over the place...that was at first the only thing I had my yarn stashed in...now...oh my word...it's insane...baskets and baskets and totes of yarn and thread...shelves of books and magazines and patterns...pencil cases and sewing boxes of tools...the whole thing has grown and multiplied faster than the tribbles on Star Trek...

It is not unusual to have a couple UFO's in your stash. Some of us have more than others.

Congratulations on the rite of passage.

The next rite is to have so many patterns stashed away that there is no way you can make all of them in a lifetime.

:manyheart

That would be me and i keep buying more DH is ready to kill me.

I've been crocheting about 2 1/2 years and I have over a dozen wips and a box of patterns plus some more saved on my computer. I don't think I'll ever use even half of them:lol

I have over a dozen wips and a box of patterns plus some more saved on my computer. I don't think I'll ever use even half of them

These are for research and inspiration, don't you know! I've got lots of those, and piles of pattern I printed out and are scattered around the living room. My bedroom is overwhelmed with yarn, as is the end of my sofa.

Actually, I would consider rites of passage in crochet to also include conquering more advance stitches, techniques, and projects. Such as learning tunisian crochet, doily & thread, filet, hairpin lace, etc. Also learning to conquer the gems I've learned about here: the round ripple afghan and seraphina shawls.

any others out there

WIP's HMMMMMMMMMM:think Oh! I know-those unfinished things that are sitting in every corner of my house-pleading with me to finish them and get them to their new homes. I seem to have a problem of starting a project that I thought would be quick and cute, then find something else that spoke to me.

But I can say I have completed two quilt afghans from The Happy Yellow House and a shawl. I am now going to conquer the Cathedral Rose Afghan.:eek

Archived