I want to cry!!!!

I just had to do some major frogging. :( Like huge frog. :irk I had to undo 22 rows!!!!! :thair :thair 5 feet across! :yell :yell Six inches by 5'! :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

I wanted to have the afghan done by Father's day. (A friend ordered it and she'd like it for Father's day for her Dad if possible. She's not pushing at all, she said for Christmas would be fine. but I wanted to get it done by Father's day!) :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Now I have two big piles of blue yarn up on my bed. :help

:ohdear :ohdear :ohdear :ohdear :ohdear :ohdear :ohdear :ohdear

Could I still get it done by Father's day? The afghan will measure 5' by 8' when complete. I had 2' done. Now it's 1 1/2'. (Blue background, and then zig zag worked on it.)

well, I wish I had caught it much earlier. Like a whole roll's worth earlier. But I'm glad I caught it before it went much later. Oh, it was a missing stitch. And without that one stitch, the zig zags would be messed up. :(

Any words? I'd love to read them. I need some :hug .

Amber

That's right! You can finish it!:cheer Don't despair! You still have time.

Once, I stayed up all night and early morning to finish a blanket for my nephew on his first birthday. I was suppposed to have it done when he was born:eek , so I had to finish it.

Thanks Coralie! That made me feel great. :hug

I hope so Faithpa! :hook

Hi kevspepper. I've had to put in some longer hours sometimes. But my problem is juggling it with all my other things! :manyheart

:ghug Thanks gals! Now I'll go see how far I can plow ahead in my other duties this morning and then hit the afghan this afternoon. I'll keep you updated if you want to hear about it. :P

Amber

Amber, you've got 3 weeks to go. Today is only May 27th, Father's Day isn't until June 19th! Perservere!!! You can do it! Whenever you think you can't, think I can....just like the little engine that could! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......I CAN!!!! And before you know it, you'll be done with plenty of time to spare before Father's Day! I KNOW you can do it!! :hug

:eek

:hug :hug :hug :2hug :flower

You can do it....you CAN!!!!:cheer:yay !!!!!!!!!! Just stick with it but take your breaks when you need them. Don't stress out and remember that Christmas is an option.

Go for it!!!!! Frogging that much sucks but at least you didn't finish it and then notice:) (trying to find the silver lining here:fluffy )

:h5 You can do it!!!!:D:hug

:hug Amber

When I have a tight deadline (not often) all my other WIP get pushed back so I can concentrate solely on what needs finishing now.

You can do it and I'm glad you caught it now instead of near the end even though it would have been better to have caught it sooner but that's the way Murphy works :wink

Beat Murphy and his laws and finish by Father's Day :yay

:frog

I'm so sorry! :hug That sucks big time when you have to frog that much but there is some time. Not the last week I mean? Good that you spotted it! I made a 'ghan for my mother this yr--thought it would not be ready until Mother's Day but I decided to spend most of my evenings on it & I got it done in time for her Birthday (with one night of marathon crocheting for about 5 hrs!) You can do it! But like mentioned, try not to fret if it can't be done, it can't be done..everyone has a life going on & sometimes crocheting has to take a backseat to other obligations. And you need breaks!

Thank you for commenting everyone. It is really nice to read all of the posts. ;)

Well, between last night and today I was able to redo what I had to frog. So now I"m back on track. Also, I unexpectedly met Debbie today. (The girl who ordered this afghan) So I was able to show what I have so far. She loves it. :)

Better go get busy!:hook

Amber

Just keep going!:cheer There is still a lot of time between now and Father's Day. Work on it when you can , and don't worry about it when you can't. You can do it!:hug Good luck, and let us see a picture of it when you finish.:c9

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug there amber, lots of hugs for you you can do it honey, if you have 1 1/2 feet done. do another foot and see how long it takes you, then do it as much as you need to so that your friend can have it for fathers day, or if ya can't it will make a great christmas present. all of us at one time or another have had to do some major crochet marathons. year before last , i made both my kids afghans that were cross stitched on of tweety and taz, and i was finishing it right up till christmas morning:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol so every spare minute you have work on it and you will have it done in no time:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug there some more hugs to get you going, now start crocheting girl:lol :lol vicki

Oh Amber, I so sorry. You must have such a big heart that is why this is hurting. You can only do what you can. It is out of your control and you will get done what you can. :cheer We are all cheering you on. :cheer So don't fret. We are here to give are support.

Blessings,

Mary

Archived