July 2005 Crochet!

xantha

I don't see a single thing I like in this with the exception of the lighthouse afghan which I will never make.

:(

I didn't think it was so bad. Had a bunch of things to make for boys which is hard to find and they have that Mosaic tank that matches Becks Mosaic Tote in Show & Tell. To see a picture of the tank to the Show & Tell thread on the 3rd page almost half way down or click here

Correction: I was wrong about the Mosaic Tank being in this issue of Crochet. Sorry for the mis-information. I had my mags/books mixed up.

i let my subscription run out .. i dont feel too bad about it if its disappointing ..

Yeah, I'm a CGOA member, so my subscription is "free" with membership. At least I didn't really pay for it any more than I would have otherwise. Ah well.

My son has already asked for the Henley, the wallet and the belt -- I think he is just happy because there are some guy things in it. And so am I! It is so hard to find things to make for a 10 yr old boy. My daughter loves the remake of the canvas sneakers -- we may have to make some of those.

PS--does anyone else think they should have renamed this issue "the Belinda Carter showcase"?

I totally agree-I was extremely disappointed in this issue. :yuck

I usually really like the magaizine so I will give them a break. But most of the patterns were for thread projects, and not that I have anything against thread, but a duffel bag? Sheesh, that must take forever! This is the first crochet mag that I am thinking about throwing out. I usually keep them even if there isn't anything I will make, for inspiration or just to look at.

there were a few cute patterns in there. loved th afghan of the lighthouse and i really liked that little purse with the beads handle. dd did too so might make it for her for christmas. i guess we can't all be happy with the patterns, but it is nice if you like at least SOME OF THEM!!!!! mine came today.:hook vicki

But most of the patterns were for thread projects, and not that I have anything against thread, but a duffel bag?

Yea, I love working with thread, but none of the thread projects were anything I would make. :( Ah well!

I almost feel like canceling my subscription--even the quality of the photos seems cheap. I didn't find anything in there I like. These days I prefer to read knitting magazines and just get inspiration from them. I love Interweave Knitting's crochet issue, and Knit.1 has lots of cool crochet stuff, but neither of them come out enough. Thank goodness for the Internet! Here is where the latest (and greatest) stuff is happening. You guys rock!

I looked at the magazine in the bookstore yesterday, and although I normally like Crochet! I was underwhelmed by this issue.

The Lighthouse aghan was pretty, and I did like the henley, but that's about all.

I saw this issue at Joann's and I'm glad I don't subscribed to it any longer. I have long believed that some publishers aren't stepping up to the plate with better designs. I don't subscribed to any crochet mags except Crochet Fantasy and I'm putting them on probation; I wasn't thrilled with their "premier" issue, so I'll know with this next issue if I'm going to renew.

I just got free issues of both Crochet! and Hooked on Crochet! to see which one I would like before subscribing. Hooked on Crochet! had quite a few patterns that I would like to try. I spent maybe 30 seconds looking through Crochet! and was very unimpressed with it.

OK, I admit the lighthouse afghan and the girl's poncho were nice, but I just don't think I would ever make them. There just wasn't anything that made me think "Wow, I have to try that."

I saw the free issue offer on the Crochet! web site. I don't remember where I saw the offer for Hooked on Crochet! It might have come in an e-mail, but I think you can subscribe and then just cancel right away if you don't like it.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. The flowered afghan was nice, I though. But not something I'd make. And I suppose if you make a lot of things for kids that age, it's a great magazine...

I don't know. Wasn't really a fan.

I liked the duffel bag. It would be cute to do it up in girlie colors with some flowers on it and then put your WIPs in it to tote around. :D

This months is only the second one I've recieved since my subscription. So far I haven't been impressed. I wish Interweave would have a monthly crochet mag. instead of a yearly one. :(

Archived