Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi :hook

Thanks for the update! I will send you my new address.

As some of you may or may not know, I am living with this condition. I thought I'd share some awesome news with you all. In an email that I received from a support group I'm in I read that Canada has approved a drug for the treatment of Friedreich's Ataxia! Isn't that exciting?!?! The drug is believed to increase the supply of energy to cells in the body. Additionally it has antioxidant properties and may protect the cells in the body which are damaged by the disease. The drug is set to be launched at the end of October of this year.

More exciting news from me - I'm pregnant!!!! :heart:yay:heart

As some of you may or may not know, I am living with this condition. I thought I'd share some awesome news with you all. In an email that I received from a support group I'm in I read that Canada has approved a drug for the treatment of Friedreich's Ataxia! Isn't that exciting?!?! The drug is believed to increase the supply of energy to cells in the body. Additionally it has antioxidant properties and may protect the cells in the body which are damaged by the disease. The drug is set to be launched at the end of October of this year.

This is wonderful news.... both the new drug and the new baby. Congrats!!!! :clap I really hope that this new treatment will be the answer for you as well as everyone stricken.

Wonderful news! And congratulations!!!! :hug

That is wonderful news! Congrats on the baby. You must be soooooo excited!!! :c9

PraiseJesus, congrats on your future and hearing that they are actually have prescriptions for FA is encouraging.

I am working one the list tomorrow while I am staying in my room. It is hot and I have been sick so the air conditioning in my room

(the only one in the house) is a necessity with the heat. I hope to have the traveling list ready by Friday and since the hook has now returned from Ireland, it will be off to the first person on the list. :cheer

Great news about the baby!!

And good to hear about the Canadians too. Goes to show how close they're getting. And what's amazing is that most of the research that led to Idebenone (the key part of the Canadian drug) was funded by folks like us. Jessica's taking a form of Idebenone now and the docs are saying that its slowing the deterioration of her heart muscle, which is great news. They're soooo close. Our project comes at a really good time.

Jimbo...

I just went onto your blog to see if I could get in on the bidding. I just came by some money that I didn't expect to have and have FINALLY decided to reward myself...

*sigh* Only to find out bidding is closed.

Can you inform me when you might have another set to bid on?

I have the traveling list made with the addresses that I have. The ones listed in the bottom of the list in red I still need addresses for and they will be added in the order as soon as I have the addresses. If your name is not in red and you have a different Crochetville name please inform me as I am not sure of Crochetville names when they were not in the addresses sent to my e-mail address.

Thank you for your patience. I will sending the hook to ChrissyF first

Archived