Baby Sweater

crosette

I've wanted to make crochet me's Baby It's Cold Outside sweater forever but I've never used Homespun. When I saw the way dsa0901 made hers using Caron Simply Soft I really liked it decided to try one. So here's mine:

th_BabyItsCold.jpg

th_BabyItsColdButtons.jpg

I used CSS in soft blue and white. It came out really small (my stitches are always much shorter than gauge) so it'd probably have to be for a newborn. Right now I don't know who it's for (the baby it was meant for is already ~2mos.)

Love that sweater & the pattern. It was so easy to make, don't you think? Great job on your's.

I also used that pattern for a baby boy and gave it to the Mom when he was a newborn with a matching hat. He is now only 7 weeks old and has outgrown it. I would rather make one that can fit a 2 month old. Can we figure out how. Maybe larger needle??? :manyheart

hi, what size hook are you using? you can go to a larger one and keep the same pattern and it will be bigger. maybe measure a 2 months or even a 6 month size piece of clothes and then do a sample to see what your guage is going to be, but it works great. i have done this both ways made things bigger using a bigger hook or smaller using a smaller hook:D vicki

Thanks, guys :)

Love that sweater & the pattern. It was so easy to make, don't you think? Great job on your's.

Yes, it's super easy to make....I love this pattern...I'm sure I'll be making more of them.

I would rather make one that can fit a 2 month old. Can we figure out how. Maybe larger needle???

hi, what size hook are you using? you can go to a larger one and keep the same pattern and it will be bigger.

I did think about using a larger hook but I haven't tried it yet. The next one I make I think that's what I'll do.

:D

Archived