ILoveGourmetCrochetPatterns CAL!

HappyBunny

It is and I'm definitely going to make the S/M.:yes

Well, much to my dismay and disappointment :think after getting to the sleeve section my Siobhanna sweater is just not going to work out. I am an experienced crocheter and I can't figure out what the problem is. The shaping is all wrong, too large from the waist down and the yoke area looks like it has pattern instructions missing. This was my second attempt at this pattern and I hate be let it beat me but I guess I am going to frog it and use the yarn for another project. Please let me know how yours turns out, I just have to understand what I did wrong. :eek

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, much to my dismay and disappointment :think after getting to the sleeve section my Siobhanna sweater is just not going to work out. I am an experienced crocheter and I can't figure out what the problem is. The shaping is all wrong, too large from the waist down and the yoke area looks like it has pattern instructions missing. This was my second attempt at this pattern and I hate be let it beat me but I guess I am going to frog it and use the yarn for another project. Please let me know how yours turns out, I just have to understand what I did wrong. :eek

Oh no! Did you go to the website to look for corrections? Also, Carolyn Christmas is wonderful about answering emails and helping with problems. Maybe you could email her before you frog it?

Oh no! Did you go to the website to look for corrections? Also, Carolyn Christmas is wonderful about answering emails and helping with problems. Maybe you could email her before you frog it?

Yes, I went to the website but it didn't list any corrections for that pattern, I was sure hoping that it would. Maybe I'll send Ms. Christmas an e-mail, I think I am about tired of working on it and ready to move on to my next project which is always waiting for me. :manyheart I do want to hear how yours goes, don't forget about me. I have the Bobletta pattern also but now I am a little leary of starting it. But then again I have seen some beautiful results like yours posted so I'll probably go for it. Wish I were at home working on it right now!:crocheting

Here's the finished pic of my Pamelyn Shrug. I thought the S/M would be to small so I made the L/XL and it's too big...So I'll have to find someone to give this to along with the Boboletta. But it was fun to make anyway.:yes

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/Pamelynshrug002-1.jpg[/img]"]Pamelynshrug002-1.jpg

Kim I love that Pamelyn in the black...one more thing to add to my list! :eek

Me too. I'm 7 rows into it but i had to stop, cuz my break was over! work is always getting in the way! lol

Having to stop and start the rows makes me crazy too!:yes

Once I get started, I don't like any interruptions!

Me neither. especially since there is a lot of repeating row combos. Last night I got a few more rows done while I was watching my 3 month old neice. She doesnt understand yet Auntie Gina's need to crochet, lol.

Great job on the Pamelyn Kim. That will go with so much. I'm still diligently working on my U/D shrug, getting close to the end now.

Great job on the Pamelyn Kim. That will go with so much. I'm still diligently working on my U/D shrug, getting close to the end now.

Looking forward to seeing pics! I'm going to start that pattern once I get a couple of things finished.

Hi girls,

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so if I'm asking something that you've already talked about I apologize. I am interested in purchasing the Vivienne cardigan pattern, but am hesitating because I'm worried that it might be a little advanced for me. Have any of you worked on this pattern yet and if so, how would describe the level of difficulty.

thanks

Hi girls,

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so if I'm asking something that you've already talked about I apologize. I am interested in purchasing the Vivienne cardigan pattern, but am hesitating because I'm worried that it might be a little advanced for me. Have any of you worked on this pattern yet and if so, how would describe the level of difficulty.

thanks

We talk about all the patterns all the time! I think that's the pattern that Cindy is working on right now....Maybe she can help you decide? I have the pattern but haven't started it yet.

The Vivienne is not hard to follow at all. The trickiest part is the top. I found if you read the instructions through a few times before starting each step it helps. These patterns actually look a lot more complicated than they are and we're always here to help with quuestions :think you might have.:D

I have decided to work on a couple of other things before I get back to the Siobhanna...

What's everyone working on?

I was gifted two of the Gourmet Crochet purse patterns and they are so pretty! Can't wait to get the yarn and make one!

I'm still working on the Vivienne and started Lisette for my daughter. I'm bouncing back and forth between the two and sending out squares for comfortghans in my spare time...lol. Thats when I'm not working. :loco

I'm still working on the Vivienne and started Lisette for my daughter. I'm bouncing back and forth between the two and sending out squares for comfortghans in my spare time...lol. Thats when I'm not working. :loco

:lolI would get so confused working on both of those patterns at the same time! How do you keep track??

Archived