ILoveGourmetCrochetPatterns CAL!

HappyBunny

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would anyone who has the Gracelynn Mobius(sp?) Wrap pattern tell me how many yards of yarn is called for? Or, how many skeins of a specific yarn? I have some lovely mohair yarn but only one skein, which I'm pretty sure won't be enough. It was the last skein in that color when I purchased it.

Thanks!

Joan

Hi Joan, Her patterns never call for a specific yarn...that's why we like them! You can use any yarn with the appropriate hook size to get the gauge. With a worsted weight yarn it uses approx. 450 yards.

Hope that helps!

Kim

Wow Cindy, you are a true Crochet Gourmet fan! I got my yarn yesterday, a light blue Simply Soft, and have to get a baby hat done before I start, but I should get that done tonight. :clap

WELCOME everybody. I'm so glad more people are joining us here. I'm working on the Vivienne right now. I should say just started. I'm starting step 3 tonight. I have the Lilliana , the Marilyn and have started the Lisette for DD which I have set aside for now to do the Vivienne for ME. I'll be giving the Boboletta to my mother for her birthday on Sunday and Pamelyn is going to my granddaughter tomorrow for her birthday. Looks like we will be busy here for a while :yes. I just love these patterns. I don't have the Uptown/Downtown yet but it won't be long...I

know I won't be able to resist getting that one.Granddaughter #2 who is going to be 8 in April had ordered a Pamelyn in something pink and sparkly( I'll have to down size that one...lol) Well happy Gourmet Crocheting everyone!!!

Hi Joan, Her patterns never call for a specific yarn...that's why we like them! You can use any yarn with the appropriate hook size to get the gauge. With a worsted weight yarn it uses approx. 450 yards.

Hope that helps!

Kim

Thanks so much Kim... yes, that helped a lot. I also like her patterns... have done many entrelac bags using her instructions as a jumping off point.

Joan

Everyone loved their gifts! There was only 1 problem. I made the XS Pamelyn for the 14 year old granddaughter and it fit the 8 year old :lol So I'll be making another in the next size...lol. Right now I'm working on the first sleeve on the Vivienne. My mother was thrilled with the Boboletta. I didn't have my camera along but I will get a picture of her wearing it. Got to go I'm at work and just sneaking in for a visit :D:compute

Everyone loved their gifts! There was only 1 problem. I made the XS Pamelyn for the 14 year old granddaughter and it fit the 8 year old :lol So I'll be making another in the next size...lol. Right now I'm working on the first sleeve on the Vivienne. My mother was thrilled with the Boboletta. I didn't have my camera along but I will get a picture of her wearing it. Got to go I'm at work and just sneaking in for a visit :D:compute

LOL, sounds like everyone is going to end up with a Pamelyn! :cheerI'm so glad your mom liked the Boboletta. I haven't figured out who I'm going to give mine to....:think

Kim

Ohhh...lol. You guys are a horrible influence on me, lol. I already have the Bobeletta, and the uptown shrug, and NOW I just ordered the Lisette, and the shawl pattern. I cant remember the name right now. I am so excited to get started on these. BUT first I have GOT to complete a baby gift, lol. Then I will be lovin gourmet crochet too!

Blythe. Thats the other one I got!

Ohhh...lol. You guys are a horrible influence on me, lol. I already have the Bobeletta, and the uptown shrug, and NOW I just ordered the Lisette, and the shawl pattern. I cant remember the name right now. I am so excited to get started on these. BUT first I have GOT to complete a baby gift, lol. Then I will be lovin gourmet crochet too!

Blythe. Thats the other one I got!

Gina, Gourmet Crochet has baby patterns...why not do one of those as the baby gift!? LOLLLLLLLL

Kim

Ok.... I finally went and bought the yarn to finish my uptown downtown shrug's last two rows! I may have time to work on it tomarrow, I hope. Kim88... glad to see you made it here! Your going to love working on these patterns.... they are pretty simple but have grand results! Can you believe we got more snow?! Man... isn't it supposed to be spring yet? Lol.... I'm sure it won't stick around long... but we sure got quite a bit! Ewww... I hate this time of year when it is all wet with snow, rain, mud... and what ever else... It really stinks when you have a dog and live in an apartment! There is a towel laying at every door and Jake (my lab) is indignant at getting his feet wiped every time he comes in! Oh well... It will all be gone soon and we'll have a great spring with daffidils, tulips, iris', and all kinds of good stuff! Can you tell I have spring fever BAD?

OH I just love looking at all of those Shifio patterns. I think they're all so beautiful. Almost makes me want to have another little one. I SAID ALMOST! :eek

Cindy -- :haha

Be careful what you say, girl! :faint

This seems like a good place to ask a question that I've been pondering - what exactly IS gourmet crochet?? I looked at the site and LOVE alot of the patterns but my eye is on the crochet hook case (I think it will be top on my wishlist, which i'm working on now, trying to narrow it down...lol)

thanks

robin

This seems like a good place to ask a question that I've been pondering - what exactly IS gourmet crochet?? I looked at the site and LOVE alot of the patterns but my eye is on the crochet hook case (I think it will be top on my wishlist, which i'm working on now, trying to narrow it down...lol)

thanks

robin

I think you would have to email the crochet designer of Gourmet Crochet patterns to ask her that question? :)

Kim

I don't know where the heck I've been! But I must say, I checked out gourmetcrochet today! and I LOVE GOURMET CROCHET!!!!! I think I haven't checked out sites that sell patterns, because I don't have a credit card, and am unsure of paypal and stuff. I used it once, and something weird happened.

omygoodness. I love the Marilyn sweater, the summer shrug, elsbeth and suzette dolls......ok....everything!

I need to research paypal more. I used it once, and then after that they said it needed to be something. hmm. i just know they asked about a credit card. I don't have any of those. I am going to be getting a credit card that you load money onto though. I wonder if this will do. anyone know? I must get some patterns! lol....

Got my Uptown Downtown pattern in the mail today and I have my yarn, so I'm ready to go! We're going to the in-laws for Easter, and I should get in a lot of crochet time there! Can't wait. Happy Easter Everyone!

Got my Uptown Downtown pattern in the mail today and I have my yarn, so I'm ready to go! We're going to the in-laws for Easter, and I should get in a lot of crochet time there! Can't wait. Happy Easter Everyone!

:yay:clap:cheer

That's great!!

Kim

Archived