ILoveGourmetCrochetPatterns CAL!

HappyBunny

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally finished my uptown downtown shrug!!!! Not that it takes that long... for those of you that are just starting on it... I just ran out of yarn in the very last section! It is a great pattern and very easy to follow. I will post pic in the next day or so. I am going to start the Lillian pineapple Jacket in LIME GREEN! But I am going to email Carolyn and ask her the best way to change the sleeves, I think they are a bit wide for me. I think I can just add more rounds to the upper part of the sleeve and maybe delete some from the lower sleeve... but any suggestion would be loved!

I was wondering how I was going to make those sleeves shorter without spoiling the effect at the wrist. won't be starting that one for a while. I'll watch for your reply from Carolyn.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter! I am planning to absolutely finish the Pamelyn this week (I got sidetracked by a sweater pattern...) and then on to the Uptown/Downtown. I think I already have enough Caron SS to make it!

Kim

I started the U/D shrug on Friday and I just fisnished row 34 or so, where you join it for the armholes. Jackie is right, it does go fast. Prepare to keep pencil and separate sheet of paper handy to keep track of your rows. I was slightly befuddled at a couple points but figured it out, and it is overall an easy pattern. Can't wait to finish it and see how it looks on. Jackie, can't wait to see you picture, and Kim, would love to see the Pamelyn when your done. Also, Kim, how's the Blythe shawl coming? I'm thinking of doing that next.

I started the U/D shrug on Friday and I just fisnished row 34 or so, where you join it for the armholes. Jackie is right, it does go fast. Prepare to keep pencil and separate sheet of paper handy to keep track of your rows. I was slightly befuddled at a couple points but figured it out, and it is overall an easy pattern. Can't wait to finish it and see how it looks on. Jackie, can't wait to see you picture, and Kim, would love to see the Pamelyn when your done. Also, Kim, how's the Blythe shawl coming? I'm thinking of doing that next.

Hi Kim, the Blythe shawl is great! It's easy to follow and I love the way it's coming along. I got sidetracked on the Pamelyn and the Blythe by a sweater pattern that caught my eye but I'm back on track this week. I'll post pics of the Pamelyn as soon as it's finished. I hope it turns out as nicely as Cindy's did!

Kim

WOW, I just found this thread today. I'm currently working on my 2nd Boboletta sweater. I made the first one about year or so ago in a bulky weight yarn in the color Burgundy. I'll try to take a picture and post.

The one I'm currently working on is being made with Berella Sportspun D.K., Colour 1184, which is sort of periwinkle blue. It's lightweight so I can wear in the spring/summer over tank tops, etc. I worked on it at lunch time today and I'm at the very end of Step 2 (crochet in rounds), maybe 1 more round and then I'll start Step 3 (the ruffle). I think the instructions are very easy, but I also take the time to read through all the directions first and try to visualize what I have to do.

I want a few of her other patterns as well, which I had to make myself not order today since I have so many other projects I could be working on.

WOW, I just found this thread today. I'm currently working on my 2nd Boboletta sweater. I made the first one about year or so ago in a bulky weight yarn in the color Burgundy. I'll try to take a picture and post.

The one I'm currently working on is being made with Berella Sportspun D.K., Colour 1184, which is sort of periwinkle blue. It's lightweight so I can wear in the spring/summer over tank tops, etc. I worked on it at lunch time today and I'm at the very end of Step 2 (crochet in rounds), maybe 1 more round and then I'll start Step 3 (the ruffle). I think the instructions are very easy, but I also take the time to read through all the directions first and try to visualize what I have to do.

Glad you found us! Can't wait to see pics!!

Kim

I've been in a rut over the holidays..still on sleeve 1 of Vivienne. I hope to get back at it tonight. Your all putting me to shame. :embar

No shame from us Cindy! You're way ahead of all of us so I just figured you were taking a breather so we could catch up.:hug

Kim

Carylon's instructions are really easy to follow. It's my brain sometimes needs to read it 3 times before it kicks in....:confused

I totally agree! Once you figure out, it seems so obvious....LOL, that one section of the Boboletta almost reduced me to tears and then when I figured it out, I couldn't believe how simple it was!:yes

Kim

I am working on the Pamelyn today and made the decision to frog Blythe for now. Just wasn't into it even though it's very pretty.

I'm either going to join Cindy on the Vivienne or do the Uptown/Downtown for my next pattern!

You guys will never guess what I did!!!! I finished my uptown downtown shrug and gave it to my siter and forgot to take a picture!!! I can't believe I did it! It turned out sooooooo cool too! It wouldn't be so bad but she was home for Easter and she lives 400 miles away! So I son't be able to take one ... bummer! She really liked it though and I made it black (to match her dog... cause he sheds alot!) I am going to start on the "Lillian Pineapple Jacket" next. I emailed Caroline with a question on how to "thin down" the sleeves and haven't heard back from her. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking that I could just extend the rounds that make the sleeve length and reduce the rounds that make the bell on the sleeve. What do you guys think? I just think the sleeve is to wide.... I'll drag it through everything!

I agree with Kim... I kept a pencil and paper handy so I could make notes to myself where I left off each time!

You guys will never guess what I did!!!! I finished my uptown downtown shrug and gave it to my siter and forgot to take a picture!!!

Can your sister have a picture taken and send it to you?

I am going to start on the "Lillian Pineapple Jacket" next. I emailed Caroline with a question on how to "thin down" the sleeves and haven't heard back from her. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking that I could just extend the rounds that make the sleeve length and reduce the rounds that make the bell on the sleeve. What do you guys think? I just think the sleeve is to wide.... I'll drag it through everything!

What about leaving the "pineapple" off the sleeves all together and have a straight edge hem with single crochet's?

Hi everyone!

Jackie --bummer about the picture thing, but I'm sure it looked wonderful! I know what you mean about the sleeves, they're gorgous but not too practical. I was thinking you could increase the shells or whatever they are like you did for the spool-shaped body in UD shrug the last few rows or so and not add the pineapples.

Kim, I love that Siobhanna sweater, don't have it yet though.

Archived